Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I took the the AF Next Nature out for a first run today. They’re a little firmer than the original AF but they still have some pop if you’re a forefoot striker.

I only ran 4 miles today as I’m slowly building back after getting COVID but they will likely be in my rotation for tempo runs and long marathon training runs as I prepare for Boston.

3EB9A02C-59BD-4A7A-8BC9-1FA8857A0A66.jpeg

I took the the AF Next Nature out for a first run today. They’re a little firmer than the original AF but they still have some pop if you’re a forefoot striker.

I only ran 4 miles today as I’m slowly building back after getting COVID but they will likely be in my rotation for tempo runs and long marathon training runs as I prepare for Boston.

3EB9A02C-59BD-4A7A-8BC9-1FA8857A0A66.jpeg
I like mine. But the upper is fragile. The plastic-like filament has a tendency to crack or tear on the midfoot of the medial side.

I like mine. But the upper is fragile. The plastic-like filament has a tendency to crack or tear on the midfoot of the medial side.
I’ve seen that as an issue. I plan to run in them a bit to see if I end up with that problem as well.

Ran like 100 miles in them until I noticed that the flyprint/flyknit meeting point on the medial sides of both shoes ripped. It's a real issue tbh. I was using mine as a interval shoe and ran in them like once a week. You can probably get away with it even when it happens to be honest as long as you don't race in em or anything and be minful of it. I didn't see the rips in the upper until like 7 months later and I only noticed them after looking at them and inspecting them. I returned mine because I wanted to grab the AF2s tbh.

Great looking shoe but just has that one issue. I also felt over time that the ZoomX felt less bouncy faster in the next natures compared to the regular version.

Ran like 100 miles in them until I noticed that the flyprint/flyknit meeting point on the medial sides of both shoes ripped. It's a real issue tbh. I was using mine as a interval shoe and ran in them like once a week. You can probably get away with it even when it happens to be honest as long as you don't race in em or anything and be minful of it. I didn't see the rips in the upper until like 7 months later and I only noticed them after looking at them and inspecting them. I returned mine because I wanted to grab the AF2s tbh.

Great looking shoe but just has that one issue. I also felt over time that the ZoomX felt less bouncy faster in the next natures compared to the regular version.
I used some clear duct tape on the interior of the shoe and it fixed the issue. Otherwise, I like shoe a lot.

Nike should have an infinite inventory of Invincibles 2 manufactured, and they just don't know how to get rid of them. Today, in Spain, ~30€ for a pair and even less than that if you have a 10% extra.

Attachments

• IMAGE 2022-12-17 11:23:24.jpg
    IMAGE 2022-12-17 11:23:24.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 93
Nike should have an infinite inventory of Invincibles 2 manufactured, and they just don't know how to get rid of them. Today, in Spain, ~30€ for a pair and even less than that if you have a 10% extra.

Thought I got a good deal at $90 during Black Friday a month ago, but it seems Spanish sales are where the real deals are at!

Still waiting for the Ekiden pack to drop in the US. Nike gives us no love. Always the last to the party...

Back
Top Bottom