Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

25A3DE2B-8BC3-4636-9884-E28DAB299267.jpeg

6D2C37EB-50FB-4881-B56E-2DC3B1695904.jpeg

This is probably my favorite of the lot; it reminds me of the subtle crunchy’ness of ZoomX.

Picked up a pair of invincible 3 this weekend in the black/white color way. First off, I’m no runner, only picked this up to add to my training where I do HIIT in my Metcon 7.

I’ve seen talks of heel slip, nothing noticeable for me. They never came off to where I needed to adjust them. These are my first running specific shoes, so the cushioning was very nice although it’s so cushioned, that it rocks side to side a bit when I walk cause of how wide the cushion is set up.

Overall, I’m very pleased with them and will continue to use these for running for the foreseeable future.

I understand what people mean about the heel slip after trying them on a half size down (they run TTS, no question), I wear a 12.5 so really no options to try that size on in person.

Because there’s good stability and the fact that this isn’t a “fast” shoe, I think everyone should be okay. The heaviness is what makes it a bit noticeable. Similar kind of heel to the peg nature but since that’s lighter ya can’t really tell

8DF8831B-9DAA-4DFC-AD48-A2FF5EC0ADF7.jpeg

^^^^ I also wear 12.5 in runners and lament that Nike and basically everyone else never has that size available for try-on.

Just copped a pair of the Invincible 2 from GOAT for way under retail - it sucks Nike took them off NDC when the 3 dropped. Still, the 3 looks like a fascinating proposition and I’ll probably get a pair at the end of the year. I feel the runners knot, if needed, would alleviate any heel slip for me.

^^^^ I also wear 12.5 in runners and lament that Nike and basically everyone else never has that size available for try-on.

Just copped a pair of the Invincible 2 from GOAT for way under retail - it sucks Nike took them off NDC when the 3 dropped. Still, the 3 looks like a fascinating proposition and I’ll probably get a pair at the end of the year. I feel the runners knot, if needed, would alleviate any heel slip for me.

I never have a problem ordering the size online but for real life I normally try on a 12 or 13

I actually started looking at some other alternatives to cop and think i may get a runner outside of Nike/adidas for the first time in yearssssss

I never have a problem ordering the size online but for real life I normally try on a 12 or 13

I actually started looking at some other alternatives to cop and think i may get a runner outside of Nike/adidas for the first time in yearssssss

I’m usually good ordering 12.5 online as well, though one time I got burned assuming a shoe would fit in 12.5 after trying a 13. Had to size down to a 12 lol.

It’s funny, I considered the Brooks Glycerin 20 as well, but came back to Nike after comparing it to the Invincible 2. Maybe another time.

Need to try these now I'm curious since reviews all over the place lol

Worst heel slip of all time I've ever had is the Nike LunarEpic Flyknit Low 2's I need to know if these are that bad lol

These are my first running specific shoes, so the cushioning was very nice although it’s so cushioned, that it rocks side to side a bit when I walk cause of how wide the cushion is set up.

This was me w my first pair lol. Took 2-3 wears to adjust to it.

I’m in btw the navy and the black. Navy looks better, but black covers a lot more of my current wardrobe.

Need to try these now I'm curious since reviews all over the place lol

Worst heel slip of all time I've ever had is the Nike LunarEpic Flyknit Low 2's I need to know if these are that bad lol

I don't use those for running, but those are my pretty much my main pair I wear for casual. So good.

PO

PXL_20230209_184920847.jpg

Got these in and tried them on so I thought I'd give some of my thoughts:

FIT - TTS but there is some heel slip. Sad but true. It's weird because it feels like your foot is in there when you put your foot in but when you move your foot just moves ever so slightly. I tried the heel lock lacing and it did prevent it from slipping more but you can still feel it a bit. Heel slippage happens most when you pick up the pace from just me running around inside a bit. This is the biggest knock. IMHO the Invincible 1 + 2 were so versatile because of the ZoomX midsole it felt like could reasonably pick up the pace and use it for easy runs at the same time. Based on it, I think it could only work if you went for easy runs in them. The best comparison is probably that it feels like the heel slip issues that people had with the Zoom Fly 3.

MIDSOLE - Feels really similar to the previous versions. It's probably a bit firmer but not really by a really significant amount. I know it's supposedly more stable but the feel standing in it seems really similar. The ride of the 1 and 2's is probably more fun though.

Proto colourway? :nerd:

2023.99.99 nike vaporfly next% 3 - 6.jpg

I am a function over form person and don’t care what my running shoes look like, even if it has crazy colors or looks like a space shoe, as long as they perform, and the VF line has performed well for me in the past few years in that regard. However (and this is probably an unpopular opinion here), the VFs just keep getting uglier with each iteration and with a higher price tag. I hope Nike understands their VF value prop has tanked with such a wide selection of super shoes out there in the current market.

I am a function over form person and don’t care what my running shoes look like, even if it has crazy colors or looks like a space shoe, as long as they perform, and the VF line has performed well for me in the past few years in that regard. However (and this is probably an unpopular opinion here), the VFs just keep getting uglier with each iteration and with a higher price tag. I hope Nike understands their VF value prop has tanked with such a wide selection of super shoes out there in the current market.
I have to disagree with you on price. The VF was $250 when it originally released and the price has remained the same over several iterations. There have been significant upgrades such as Flyknit in the second iteration and an increase in ZoomX in the next % and the retail price is still $250.

I think Nike has recognized that the super shoe market is crowded now. This is why you see sales on the VF or including the VF in their 20% off sales, etc. I’ve had several pairs of the Next % 2 purchased directly from Nike and haven’t paid retail for any of them.

Back
Top Bottom