Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

That street version doesn't have the rubber on the heels though, just like the elites. I'm assuming it is meant for running, not walking/casual.

I didn't know they had more pics on their website, I was just basing everything off that pic. They do claim it is another performance model. The elites that was worn by Kipchoge did have a flykniy collar so maybe the street version just meant it doesn't have that? I know those who got a chance to buy the elites a few weeks back got the same version but I don't think it's the first time Nike has changed the name of their shoes before it officially released. It also doesn't say it's going to be a general release either so it could just be one of those limited to 100 pairs, maybe for the LA Marathon which occurs around spring time iirc.

If it is a GR though, can't imagine these sitting though, it's gon' sell out with quickness just like the 4%'s unfortunately.
nike-vapor-street-flyknit.jpg

nike-vapor-street-flyknit-2.jpg

nike-vapor-street-flyknit-13.jpg

nike-vapor-street-flyknit-12.jpg

This is going to be interesting!

-edit-
I was able to return a pair of ZFs in the Black/White cw that I got for $45 (pretax). Every time I looked down at them on the run, they looked so clunky. As a result, they made my runs drag a bit lol

Anyone else feel like they perform better in shoes with a “good” cw? Lol

Last edited:
I can't say I have.

I've played ball shoes with god awful colorways just because they were on deep discount :lol:

For $45, I'd be hard pressed to return it, I'd wear it casually at least of use it for one of your swap projects?

I didn't know they had more pics on their website, I was just basing everything off that pic. They do claim it is another performance model. The elites that was worn by Kipchoge did have a flykniy collar so maybe the street version just meant it doesn't have that? I know those who got a chance to buy the elites a few weeks back got the same version but I don't think it's the first time Nike has changed the name of their shoes before it officially released. It also doesn't say it's going to be a general release either so it could just be one of those limited to 100 pairs, maybe for the LA Marathon which occurs around spring time iirc.

If it is a GR though, can't imagine these sitting though, it's gon' sell out with quickness just like the 4%'s unfortunately.
nike-vapor-street-flyknit.jpg

nike-vapor-street-flyknit-2.jpg

nike-vapor-street-flyknit-13.jpg

What is this god awful shoe haha

[

Judging from the outsole, it doesn't seem it would last long. While they might perform great, durability might be an issue there.

the forefoots actually a durable rubber that could last a while

the rest are direct foam outsideof two notches of rubber on each side of the swoosh

but hey people are getting 500 miles out of their vaporflys so its going to depend on how you run

This is going to be interesting!

-edit-
I was able to return a pair of ZFs in the Black/White cw that I got for $45 (pretax). Every time I looked down at them on the run, they looked so clunky. As a result, they made my runs drag a bit lol

Anyone else feel like they perform better in shoes with a “good” cw? Lol

yup i have the same theory....started in the 90s when the chicago bulls switched to black shoes in the playoffs. always thought they looked slower in black shoes....some sort of optical thing.

my run club's gear is black and white, so for shoes i go as vibrant as possible. love me some volt and crimson and hyper royal and stuff like that.

dragicon dragicon Are the laces same ribbon material as the Chicago? That's my only complaint on the SP. They're flimsy and tendency to get un-tied all the time. Maybe I'll get the Shanghai on the disco if they're still available.

dragicon dragicon Are the laces same ribbon material as the Chicago? That's my only complaint on the SP. They're flimsy and tendency to get un-tied all the time. Maybe I'll get the Shanghai on the disco if they're still available.

Yeah, same laces, just green instead of lavender.

So when is the BC VF "rumored" to be released then? Been patiently waiting.

Requested 9.5 but the email didn't speculate if I got my actual size, just that I'll get the invoice on Friday.

It’s probably some differently tuned zoomx and plate setup. I wouldn’t guess that it’s some what “detuned” for more “casual” wear. Sure you could run w it though.

This model is supposed to have React cushioning but not sure as to the differences in plate tech.

1ECA4C95-B5F4-460E-B139-3E4B3721E6B6.jpeg
0B3151D1-EBDE-43BA-B4F2-697D647DB2DF.jpeg
B7AC91EC-B7A1-45F8-BA1A-CF5C407D17FB.jpeg
A9A404FF-2F2A-4D63-B66D-C3C1C922255B.jpeg
A572F205-80C1-4EA5-9910-12BD90D8A672.jpeg
36895112-42C1-4F33-AA32-AACF67B87728.jpeg
46AC7F96-E0C3-45F1-943B-DCDDC53D4025.jpeg
BCA79B19-84A8-432C-BCBB-4A2EF54AFDE6.jpeg

Hit 254 miles on the ZF’s today. As you can see from the photos, white portion of the midsole is starting to show on the right shoe. Despite the mileage, I still feel good running with them. I do, however, want to get a new pair as I miss that “propulsion” feel when I initially got them. It’s getting colder here in the northeast but I’m hoping to get another 50mi out of them before end of year.

I asked because several references I've seen call them Zoom Vaporfly. I initially thought they were the Zoom Fly but the name has me wondering.
Nah it's Zoom Fly. The medial has it printed there. Nike stuffed it in early press releases and since then people have run with incorrect info. It's definitely a Zoom Fly.

I asked because several references I've seen call them Zoom Vaporfly. I initially thought they were the Zoom Fly but the name has me wondering.

It's called a zoom fly, but has lunaron cushioning. Nike dropped the ball on the name of it.

Back
Top Bottom