Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

First time posting in here. I just picked these up for retail because I really like the color way, but don't know much about them besides being intended for marathon runners. I already run in structures and odysseys for stability. Are these ideal for strictly casual wear despite the high price tag?

IMG_8842.JPG
Ideal for racing, but feel free to use them for casual wear.

I just got a pair of used 4% from the ebay sale day.

OMG these are insane. The fit is not what you get accustomed to with Flyknit but they wanted lowest weight.
How they feel when you stand and then the carbon plate when you move lives up to the hype.

Just use them for when you want to run fast. Forget about causal use and normal running in them.

Ideal for racing, but feel free to use them for casual wear.

This is why I'm leaning toward Ultraboosts. I want a pair of Zoom Flys, but I only run fast once or twice a week for very short distances. I feel like I can do that in Ultras and use them for casual too.

it's on snkrs so better get that multi account working and try and buy one pair on the desktop and the other on the phone app

i think you can only buy another pair once it hits ndc

29088402_216191542483207_6586032443734622208_n.jpg

Last edited:
it's on snkrs so better get that multi account working and try and buy one pair on the desktop and the other on the phone app

i think you can only buy another pair once it hits ndc

29088402_216191542483207_6586032443734622208_n.jpg

Do you think these will sell out instantly? I may be crazy but I want to pick up a pair to run in.

on ndc, likely

even the all black sold out while it sat in other stores

if you want to run in them and get them from ndc for that return assurance then be there on the dot

I wish I could find them locally, so I could at least try them on. Otherwise, I’m planning to get one TTS and other 1/2 down.

on ndc, likely

even the all black sold out while it sat in other stores

if you want to run in them and get them from ndc for that return assurance then be there on the dot

That’s my plan. I haven’t had good luck with SNKRS on the desirable shoe releases but hopefully I can with this release.

Any tips? I usually log onto the SNKRS app and keep refreshing at the release time until the shoe is available; however this hasn’t worked so maybe I’m doing it wrong.

no need to refresh, it automatically refreshes when time and the sizes show up

have both the desktop and app open and go try at the same time

i don't think this is really that hyped so as long as you're there when the second ticks to the right time and get your size, then I think you'd be good

and of course be sure you're logged in and all info (address & payment info) are saved so you can just submit order quick

SNKRS in general is "buggy". The FKT "Raptor" was shown sold out for a moment, then they came up FSR moments later. I think that caused by "ghost" buyers who just testing their ATC, then cancelled them all within 30 minutes. This release "should" be easy considering the red and black ones were "brick" for resellers.

yah that's another tip I forgot but usually only applies to more hyped shoes, stay and just keep going back to the page and sizes appear here and there for those that added to cart and decided to not go through with the checkout, sometimes it seems like it take a few minutes to go back in stock

Size 10s from END (3/23) came today and the 10 from Offspring (3/16) hasn’t arrived yet. Love this color. I definitely think the swoosh is more dark olive than gray. On sizing, I think I commented before that I tried the black ones in this shoe and knew to get 10. That’s my racer size, and I wear a 9.5 in trainers and most other Nikes.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Does anyone else have a severe arch pain point from the 4%? It's only on one shoe. Definitely not a "rubbing" but more of a stabbing to my arch. I ran 11 miles in them at a 9:02 pace, but around mile 5 had horrible pains. When I took my socks off after it was like I was running on plastic.

I had a crease on my foot like the cf was coming thru the midsole.

Back
Top Bottom