Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Definitely a prototype or a special shoe for Kipchoge but damnnn look at those soles
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 13.11.35.png

hows the lateral side of your oreos? seems pretty inconsistent from pair to pair i see here and there on the outer wavy stripes. some with little wear are peeling and others with heavy wear are still intact. reason why i rather use the regular ZFs to start running.

Upper on my pair are holding pretty welll. I read about the peeling on some people’s pair and haven’t had that issue with mine

I'm racing the Berlin Marathon in 1 month. Is there any indication whether NIKE will be doing a limited release of the Vaporfly Elite or Flyprint for Berlin?

And if they are doing a release, what would be the best way to secure a pair?

I'm racing the Berlin Marathon in 1 month. Is there any indication whether NIKE will be doing a limited release of the Vaporfly Elite or Flyprint for Berlin?

i think those who have been selected to purchase a pair were notified via the NRC app. I believe that's how it was done for the previous vaporfly elite pairs.

i think those who have been selected to purchase a pair were notified via the NRC app. I believe that's how it was done for the previous vaporfly elite pairs.

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Any idea how to get selected to purchase a pair?

Yeah, that sounds familiar. Any idea how to get selected to purchase a pair?

Mine just suddenly appeared one night when I went to check my phone. Not sure if its an algorithm Nike has to select certain people for pairs. I do recall there being one or two individuals who didnt get notified via the app and were able to secure a pair. Not sure who their source was.

Anyone having issues with their NRC app lately with it not correctly reflecting the actual miles completed in a run?

Did a 35 min temp run in the ZF's this morning. I have the feedback set to every 5 mins and I know for a fact when it reached the last 30 mins, it told me I had 5 mins remaining. When I reached the end of the run, I went to pause and complete the workout and sure enough it only recorded 31:10 for 3.9 miles. I know I did 35 min for 4.44 miles because thats what i saw in my watch. Just frustrating because I participate in a good chunk of challenges and dont want to get short changed on the miles.

Definitely a prototype or a special shoe for Kipchoge but damnnn look at those soles
Looks to me to be a Peg Turbo upper with a Vaporfly midsole?

What are the devices that are attached to the laces? Looks like there's a small thing on them but maybe that's something else.

For London it was done though the Nike + app.

Damn you know how fresh it most be to have Nike basically build a pair of kicks to your specs??

Salute to Kipchoge...

We most like only see a maybe a tenth of the tech (including apparel) they throw at him....

Damn you know how fresh it most be to have Nike basically build a pair of kicks to your specs??

Salute to Kipchoge...

We most like only see a maybe a tenth of the tech (including apparel) they throw at him....
Probably. But elite athletes help develop apparel and footwear trends for years to come and in turn push the progress element

Zoom fly SP - are these not the ideal shoes for me? Casual runnner/not very technical with form and technique, but enjoy the learning and conversation in the thread and tech talk of the shoes. 6’4” 200 can run 5K’s, push myself to 8 min miles for a couple, run 2 hours of b-ball once a week. Not training for a race/marathon.. just wanna run to get in shape a bit more. Want to finish the turbo challenge. Use NRC. New house has a outdoor track within .5 miles. Been wearing epic reacts casually and to run, maybe just keep at that? Will I suffer with ZF at a slower pace?

Zoom fly SP - are these not the ideal shoes for me? Casual runnner/not very technical with form and technique, but enjoy the learning and conversation in the thread and tech talk of the shoes. 6’4” 200 can run 5K’s, push myself to 8 min miles for a couple, run 2 hours of b-ball once a week. Not training for a race/marathon.. just wanna run to get in shape a bit more. Want to finish the turbo challenge. Use NRC. New house has a outdoor track within .5 miles. Been wearing epic reacts casually and to run, maybe just keep at that? Will I suffer with ZF at a slower pace?
I don't think ZF is a great shoe at a slower pace. The nylon plate is pretty stiff and if you run too slow, your foot wants to bend it rather than roll over it. For your needs, I'd get a Peg Turbo or a Peg 35.

My story is similar to yours. I have both the Pegasus Turbo and Zoom Fly and because I’m not a fast runner I 100% prefer the Turbo. It’s softer and lower to the ground. After running in the Turbo the ZF feels hard and really high/tall if that makes sense.

Once again the caveat is I’m a casual runner nothing like most of these dudes in here going out casually for a 15 to 20 mike run lmao.

Nike really unloading their ZF1 CWs on us lately, sheesh!! I'm still holding tight for the ZF2s, though some of these recent CWs are tempting! I would've surely grabbed one or more of them had they been earlier in the year.

look-wise, only thing differentiating the ZF and VF is the cutoff swoosh?

they're still calling the upper on the VF and ZF flymesh despite the flyknit versions in the pics
Untitled.png

I have never run in a Vaporfly and I am salivating at this release. I want them so bad even though they’re absurdly expensive in Canada ($350)

Back
Top Bottom