Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Yo. I have a size 10 pairs of the Gyakusous in Black/Sails. They are too damn small. I should have went for an 11 with my wide feet.

If anyone wants to trade for size 10 pine Jordans. Holler.

Loving the Zoom Fly Flyknits so far. Ran a fast (for me) 10k out of the box, followed by a 21k mid-tempo training run the next day. Legs still feel great.

Platinum/Crimson picked up from local NZ Nike store; waiting on a second pair of the Black/Flash Crimson/Orange I ordered online.

Went with my standard Nike size 10 (same as I wear in Zoom Streak Flyknit and Odyssey React) and think it was the right call.

9jbkC0H.jpg

PDkaw1Z.jpg

Was there anyone in here from Chicago that was lucky enough to get early access to those VF Elite Flyprint?

Just curious what retail price was for them.

$700 after tax.
As someone who has the first vaporfly flyprint, this purple one looked terribly flat in person compared to how the first one looked in person.

P.S.
Even though I was given the chance to get them in my size, I didn't. £100/$150 more for a colourway that no top superstar athlete used (One elite used them this year at Chicago) and looks more boring than my original, it's a pass. It came in a nice box though.

Last edited:
$700 after tax.
As someone who has the first vaporfly flyprint, this purple one looked terribly flat in person compared to how the first one looked in person.

P.S.
Even though I was given the chance to get them in my size, I didn't. £100/$150 more for a colourway that no top superstar athlete used (One elite used them this year at Chicago) and looks more boring than my original, it came in a nice box though.
I thought the opposite of the first colorway and thought these were much cooler. The black ZoomX didn’t do much for me, but to each their own.

I was actually able to grab the very last pair at Nike Chicago, albeit in a size 7, which is nowhere near my 13. It was too cool to pass up and if I’m able to sell and pay off some VF Flyknits that I’ve stocked up on, even better. If not, I’ll return them, but I will say, these are such a cool shoe to sit and stare at.

I actually came in here to edit my post lol

Just saw someone post on one of the #’s I searched on IG and they said $750 after tax

Sounds like $600-$700 figure.

Edit: Found a post from guy who bought them
One good thing in this pic is it looks like a few real runners got pairs. I’m basing that off their attire.

i am surprised Mo didn't run in the flyprint, is it as pliable as flyknit or is it pretty rigid? maybe it doesn't mold to your feet as good as flyknit? he didn't run in flyprint on the london marathon either while kipchoge did
mo-win-jpeg-1538926290.jpeg

rupp-1538934083.jpg

GettyImages-1050757076.jpg

I am looking for some nikes fvp and after trying the only stores with stock are
Nike Santa Monica and Nike by Melrose

Anyone know if either of them take phone orders?

i am surprised Mo didn't run in the flyprint, is it as pliable as flyknit or is it pretty rigid? maybe it doesn't mold to your feet as good as flyknit? he didn't run in flyprint on the london marathon either while kipchoge did
mo-win-jpeg-1538926290.jpeg

rupp-1538934083.jpg

GettyImages-1050757076.jpg

I don’t think FP would hold up as well in that weather...

TBH, I’m not that interested in Flyprint. It’s cool and all from a tech perspective... However, I’d rather wear FK than FP. They remind me of those gel sandals you could find a local swap meet*shrugs

i wouldn't write off flyprint until you try them, at I am not, i might write them off for the price though :lol:

not that i am willing to pay if i have the chance, chances are i will but the performance or even comfort difference, it's probably not worth the extra $500

I am looking for some nikes fvp and after trying the only stores with stock are
Nike Santa Monica and Nike by Melrose

Anyone know if either of them take phone orders?

they should and if a nike+ member, they should ship free too

It is curious why more athletes didn't use the Flyprint. I remember hearing that it was specifically developed for the athletes who said that the Flyknit on the Vaporfly Elites got too heavy when running in the rain. The Flyprint was made to mitigate this concern. With the rainy conditions in Chicago, it would have made sense to wear them.

Guess there was hardly enough to go around even for runners. Not that there should have been any correlation with #s sold to public right?

42004085_2223766831240501_7793041205771174225_n.jpg

The 39-year-old comedian announced on his Instagram page Thursday that he will be running the Chicago Marathon to raise money so more kids can attend college.

“I told you guys I put a purpose behind the run. In other words, there’s a meaning, there’s a definition, there’s a reason,” Hart said while wearing running gear.

“The reason behind this run is simply first and foremost personal greatness, personal achievement but also what I can bring awareness to, what I can raise money for education!”

Along with charter school network KIPP and the United Negro College Fund, Hart launched a $600,000 scholarship fund in August to enable 18 students to attend historically black colleges and universities.

“I told you I’m into the new thing of sending kids to school. That’s my new thing, my new hobby,” he said. “I sent 18 kids to school so now the goal is to make that number more. That goal is to get that number to 40. After 40, 80, after 80, 150.

“Your boy is about to do big things – and the big thing starts October 7 with the value and the purpose behind my run,” he said.

Hart has really embedded himself in the sport. He recently partnered with Nike to host pop-up 5Ks across America to motivate people to get moving.

“We want to be global, we want to show that running can bring people together all over the world, and regardless of where you are, you can do it,”he told Men’s Journal.

Hart only started running in his 30s to offset the high demands of his job.

“I knew running was a great way to take care of myself,” he told Runner’s World. “Now when I land in a new city every morning, I literally hit the ground running.”

And now he’s helping students so they can hit the ground running in the real world.
42669453_108345923423902_3701889279391505982_n.jpg

If anyone comes across or knows anyone who picked up a size 12 in the Flyprint, I'm super interested. Happy to trade my size 7 or make something work.

Back
Top Bottom