Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just did a 6 mile tempo in these - my first Vaporfly.

It's crazy how fast they feel, I was about 45 seconds faster than my usual tempo pace so had to dial back for the last 5 miles.

Only criticism would be the heel rubbed slightly, but will be fine once I play around with lacing and choose a thicker sock.

Just did a 6 mile tempo in these - my first Vaporfly.

It's crazy how fast they feel, I was about 45 seconds faster than my usual tempo pace so had to dial back for the last 5 miles.

Only criticism would be the heel rubbed slightly, but will be fine once I play around with lacing and choose a thicker sock.
It's wild, isn't it? I just raced for the first time in Vaporflys and PB'd by almost 3 minutes even after reduced training volume due to injury. I ran by far my fastest kilometer ever and still felt like I had more in the tank. And my legs felt fresh again within 24 hours.

What a great shoe. Even if some of it is placebo, it sure is effective.

nike definitely created something amazing and thats why everyones adapting it now, the main advantage the swoosh has at the moments the zoomx being super light

i also find it funny that we can probably count the years in one hand when nike was frowned upon when it comes to running shoes but now they are a threat to a lot of the running-specific brands out there

i want to see a data where it shows how much of the running market share nike has taken from the other brands in the past few years

they were already making good looking running shoes and improved upon it to really capitalize on the athleisure trend and i dont see it going away anytime soon despite the tech fleece hype being on an all time low

Let me know your thoughts on sizing if you head in today!

PO

I managed to try ZF3 on. Definitely you can go either TTS or half size down from ZF1 and ZF2. As someone mentioned already, the toe box area is pretty roomy, so this is wide-feet-friendly shoes. Usually a inner-bootie-type of shoes is snug fit, but not this one.

What interesting to me is the heel-midsole area is very soft. You can see when you standing still, the heel-midsole is "crushed". I don't even have heavy big body frame (5'9" 155 lbs).

Overall, I like the shoes. I will keep an eye on it when they go on-sale.

+1 about the ZF3 midsole. Feels a lot more cushioned than the ZFFK. Higher stack of React I think.

Damn. The VF3s/Next%s are that much better than the VF2s?!

Too bad the NRC code isn’t applicable to those :/ Since it expires next month, I’ll hold off using it until the Cody Hudson Peg36s become available on NDC, so I could copp both the ZF3s and the CH Peg36s at 20% off.

Just surpassed 100mi in the Orbit Blue ZF2s with this run. I love the ZF2s, but I can’t wait to try the 3s!

CAC47207-8608-4B46-951B-B3F09F7BF1EE.jpeg

Last edited:
Update part 2....I just received an email from Nike Assist ( Jennifer at Nike Elite Services) that basically said I purchased N% at $275 and when shoe is released in July, the price will be $250. As a result, they are issuing a $25 refund. Talk about dysfunction. Maybe enough complained. I can't see Nike just doing it because they felt like it.....lol.

Same here:

upload_2019-7-11_17-5-44.png

Same here:

upload_2019-7-11_17-5-44.png

so now the question is why they did this... my box from April says suggested retail is $275, so this doesn't appear to simply be a case of a fat finger when they were loading the shoes on the app. something must have spooked them and caused them to rethink how elastic demand would be at this higher price point.

Nice to see the Next%s up on the Canadian store. Now if I could get NDC to stop erroring when I try to add them to my cart…! :smh:

so now the question is why they did this... my box from April says suggested retail is $275, so this doesn't appear to simply be a case of a fat finger when they were loading the shoes on the app. something must have spooked them and caused them to rethink how elastic demand would be at this higher price point.

Logically, what would have been the reason for a $25 increase? Sure the shoe may be an improvement over the previous iteration, but unless the additional foam and ripstop (or whatever it’s called) material were that much more significant cost wise per shoe, just seemed like a money grab on Nike’s part.

For me personally, and this may sound crazy, I’d pay $250, but not $275 :lol:. But I’m no competitive runner either so that probably explains my logic.

I find interesting some boutiques are having VFN.

Notre is $250 flat shipped to Cali. No tax :tongue:
notre.jpg

I have 20% disco code that expires until end of year. Im hoping I can use it on VFN when they are not being excluded.

I have 20% disco code that expires until end of year. Im hoping I can use it on VFN when they are not being excluded.

I wonder why no one will discount it.
Nike has allowed every one of the new models to be purchased on their employee site at 40% off, with the exception of the VFN.

PO

Back
Top Bottom