Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

ummm nope

“regular civilians” do not even know what hoka one one or even to say it properly :lol: its a niche runner/walking shoes and still mostly popular within the running community

i see more people running in asics and saucony than NB and its still 10 nikes for every other brands i see used to run out there

you honestly have a better argument if you said the running community who actually participates in organized races, specialty running stores #1 selling is actually brooks the past 2 years iirc but “regualr civilian day to day runners” are still mostly nike runners these days, those that arent just buying from rw or fleet feet for example, if you include places like ftl, fnl, dicks, macys, etc... many do not even carry hoka or brooks and many NBs are casuals

hell the nike revolution is the #5 best selling shoe of the year so far because the general public could care less about cf plates and energy returns, not saying everyone who purchases the revolutions are running in them but that tells you what the general public are buying
I see your point..

its the competition that really pushed these other brands to keep pushing forward, really felt like they were stagnant there when nike was the laughing stock of the running community then it seemed like they put all their researchers and designers to work on running shoes and boom we might in the golden age of running shoes and we’re getting more options/alternatives than ever

its the competition that really pushed these other brands to keep pushing forward, really felt like they were stagnant there when nike was the laughing stock of the running community then it seemed like they put all their researchers and designers to work on running shoes and boom we might in the golden age of running shoes and we’re getting more options/alternatives than ever
Indeed... Ive had these for awhile now and want to upgrade at least to the Next%. Hopefully I can catch a restock or hit on RW release.

88F9E441-5424-4DE4-8964-C53B17FEC5EA.jpeg

for real. hopefully the vaporfly next% 2 has a nike id option and lets you put the flyknit upper on em. I regret not spending the extra $25 or so to get basically a og vaporfly elite on the VFN

for real. hopefully the vaporfly next% 2 has a nike id option and lets you put the flyknit upper on em. I regret not spending the extra $25 or so to get basically a og vaporfly elite on the VFN
I love the OG VF colorway. I never got them (just a few of the other releases). I’d be happy if I could recreate it with Nike By You.

Wish I had taken advantage of it when it was available and before the Alphafly hype.

Nike's controversial Vaporfly shoes make runners faster — so runners sponsored by other brands are blacking them out to wear in secret

1597543220253.jpeg

Puzey wore blacked-out Nikes during the California International Marathon in December. At the time, he was in between a terminated sponsorship contract with Altra and a new one with Craft. He ended his agreement with Altra amicably, he said, because the company wouldn't let him wear Vaporflys.

"I loved that company, but in terms of performance on race day, the Nike runners were driving a race car and we were driving a Mack truck," he said.

1597543800279.jpeg

Last edited:
Zoomx invincible looks great, looking forward for them ! I haven’t found something to replace the Peg Turbo 2 yet.

The Invincible is light as hell and felt like a massive chunk of ZoomX foam. The upper was an extremely light and breathable one-piece. (Not as tight as flyknit. ) It seems to be more of an everyday premium mileage shoe and not a "faster" shoe compared to how the Turbo was marketed and performed. It is going to be a luxurious daily trainer for most, racer for some/few. Could still run faster in it because it is so light but not quite built to be fast like the turbo or tempo next% are.

you were able to test it out?

it looks like it gon’ have a rocker effect

also look like the ankle parts heavily padded

The Invincible is light as hell and felt like a massive chunk of ZoomX foam. The upper was an extremely light and breathable one-piece. (Not as tight as flyknit. ) It seems to be more of an everyday premium mileage shoe and not a "faster" shoe compared to how the Turbo was marketed and performed. It is going to be a luxurious daily trainer for most, racer for some/few. Could still run faster in it because it is so light but not quite built to be fast like the turbo or tempo next% are.
Because of the lack of nylon or carbon plate?

Do you think it’s a case of preference? Flyknit/React versus the Invincible synthetic upper/ZoomX.

Just held it in hand, I am never the size of any sample shoe. If it does have any rocker to it, won't be as dramatic as a Clifton. I don't remember much about the collar, but there was a softness there and not the stiffer heel counter we get from the Peg.

Because of the lack of nylon or carbon plate?

Do you think it’s a case of preference? Flyknit/React versus the Invincible synthetic upper/ZoomX.

From what I could tell, yes. The lower profile of the Turbo, accompanied but some springiness of the react, give it that fast feeling. I used them for all workouts leading up to races and if the Vaporfly (whatever version it was at the time) wasn't there, I would have raced with it. But the amount of the foam, without a plate (again, not 100% positive but like 95% positive). It won't give you that "pop" off the ground that you can get from others. I do think that with the line expanding, if one prefers react feeling, you will likely have an option to use. And if you like the ZoomX, then you will have that. It won't be tit for tat, but some real diversity and great usability from each model.

I thought it was early 2021, but obviously given the current situation, releases might get pushed back a bit

With the exception of Next/AF, they always be on sale down the road. Just hold the urge.

godamn!!!

so many options and lots of them are pastel too

love it and i might be in trouble...

just wish there were more solid midsole options

1597691095858.jpeg

1597691051849.jpeg

1597691253075.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom