Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Invincible.jpg
Chili’s look great there

My size 13 chills going back. Not feeling this a colorway in my size. Keeping the white/blue/yellow whatever it’s called. Wife’s silver/mango looks phenomenal IMO.

My size 13 chills going back. Not feeling this a colorway in my size. Keeping the white/blue/yellow whatever it’s called. Wife’s silver/mango looks phenomenal IMO.

I’m waiting for mine. ETA March 14. Can you elaborate? Does this color way look bulky in your size? Too much color?!

Wore the Invincible chile for the morning run. I really like the ride...soft bouncy but not too much, and it does provide stability. No foot fatigue, no blister, no hot spot. The outsole works great on the asphalt surface. Definitely a great training shoe. I actually like the chile colorway. The color blocking is just pop in subtle way. I also wore it to Costco last night. They are also great to be a walking shoe. Not gonna lie, I kept staring down just to see how gorgeous the view from the top :lol:. Those boost fan boys who keep saying it's like walking on the cloud, this IS the shoes.

I’m waiting for mine. ETA March 14. Can you elaborate? Does this color way look bulky in your size? Too much color?!

yeah just my opinion but feel like in my size less color contrast might mask the size a little better. And a big part of me wants to turn the corner on winter, so the silver works for that too. this colorway reminds me of the epic react OG intro color way, a bit. Only tiny thing I would change about it is i'd prefer a white/platinum foam vs the slightly off white it is.

ran in them today. super comfortable and easy riding. the tongue and padding support remind me of a brooks glycerin i had back in the day. can't really compare them to anything else i've run in. really enjoyed them. could see having multiple color ways of this shoe. really like it. stability and grip great, also. toe box comfortable but not too snug. not sliding around in it at all. just great first impression

Last edited:
These feel great out of the box. I haven't taken them on a run yet, but just walking around on them feels pretty awesome.

Last edited:
I have been rotating my invincible with the tempos on my runs. I'll say this for the invincible; this is the best shoe to take on a holiday vacation. I usually pack two different pairs of shoes for travel, but these are the perfect travel shoe that I'll only need to wear one.

I’m tempted to try out the invincibles for work, looks like they have a good amount of support for those 12 hr shifts haha

So for those of you who have the invincibles are they the true successor (that Ive been waiting for) to the LunarEpics?

So for those of you who have the invincibles are they the true successor (that Ive been waiting for) to the LunarEpics?

Mine are on their way. I tried them on in a Nike store today (yeah, I should have just purchased in store...) walking around and based on the plushness, for me, for now they’re the spiritual successor to the OG Pegasus Turbo (until there’s a Turbo 3, if ever...).

Checked out the production date on a pair of the women’s invincibles that my wife tried on - went back to Aug. ‘20. Kind of cheap by Nike to sit on these for almost a year and thereby minimize the amount of warranty time one can claim on the shoe.

Checked out the production date on a pair of the women’s invincibles that my wife tried on - went back to Aug. ‘20. Kind of cheap by Nike to sit on these for almost a year and thereby minimize the amount of warranty time one can claim on the shoe.
I thought warranty went off purchase date not manufacture date, learn something new everyday...

Are they well balanced for just walking and standing? Or do they feel a little wobbly

Well after having taken them on a 5 mile run I don't think I like them much. The upper kind of sucks and doesn't really lock down my foot. Major heel slippage. Far too narrow in the fore-foot, but maybe they'll break in. The shoelaces are strangely short too. I can't even get them into the last hole and tie them. I ordered some longer ones so maybe that'll fix the heel slippage issue.

As far as potentially feeling unstable on them, I didn't get any of that at any point. The sole is wide enough to stop your foot from rolling.

All in all I don't think they're worth their price tag. It feels like a budget upper with a cushioned sole. I may just keep them for casual wear because these are certainly not high-end performance shoes.

Last edited:

like the other members mentioned, warranty is covered one year from date of purchase

most shoes are in production and manufactured months before release, there’s no way you’re gonna have a pair that has a production date that’s within the date of purchase unless it’s a NBY

Third quarter production dates aren’t abnormal for first quarter release dates—initially the Invincible was scheduled for January 7—but port delays are creating a logistical nightmare.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom