Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Since there's a few runners in here. What stability running shoes would you guys recommend for daily road running? Been using structure 23's

Since there's a few runners in here. What stability running shoes would you guys recommend for daily road running? Been using structure 23's

It's more light stability, but the Infinity React 2 is pretty great and comfortable for me as a neutral runner too.

I think the prevailing wisdom these days is that most people who would have been steered towards a bulky/beefy medial posted stability shoe in the past would be fine in a stable neutral shoe. I've personally found this to be the case and can recommend the Saucony Endorphin Shift, Hoka Mach 4, Hoka Clifton 7, and Saucony Triumph 17/18 as bread and butter daily trainers with decent (or good) stability. I also second the Nike Infinity React series. I believe the NB Fresh Foam More v3 is also in this category and hope to find out next week when mine arrive!

Got those plat next, want og too. I’m fired up to have a neutral color way in this shoe, even tho I’m going to trash it r

CT2228-003-1.jpg
CT2228-003-2.jpg
CT2228-003-3.jpg
CT2228-003-4.jpg
CT2228-003-5.jpg
CT2228-003-6.jpg
CT2228-003-7.jpg
CT2228-003-8.jpg
Anybody know when these Miami Vice’s drop?

B/W Tempo Next% for $120 shipped from Notre. No tax even for Cali.

Are the next % 2’s supposed to the be cheaper than the 1st ones? Watching YouTube reviews, they say they are priced at $225 not $250 like the originals. But on NDC, they are $250.

Got the aquamarine pair last night at local store b/c said sold out on NDC.

In the previous gen, had to go up 1/2 size for adequate volume in the toe box. Got the same size (+.5) out of habit. With the new mesh upper on my feet though, think going TTS may be the right way to go w/ this gen. The mesh is incredibly flexible and roomy compared to the Vaporweave of the last gen, so that bit of extra space may not be necessary anymore.

How have others gone on sizing?

Reactions: xbx
Thanks it’s helpful. I’ll take the same size as my Peg Turbo 2 I guess, tts.
Tried the v1 in store and as you say, tts was slightly tight.

Lengthwise both versions appear exactly the same. I had to size up for v1 and wouldn‘t size down in v2 for fear of big toe touching the front. V2 feels definitely more roomy though. I‘m actually not so sure if I like this. I did some fast runs in them and my feet didn‘t feel as securely locked down as I want it. There was a little bit of swimming and even tearing on the laces like crazy didn’t help much. The last run I used thicker socks and with them shoes felt great!

Last edited:
Lengthwise both versions appear exactly the same. I had to size up for v1 and wouldn‘t size down in v2 for fear of big toe touching the front. V2 feels definitely more roomy though. I‘m actually not so sure if I like this. I did some fast runs in them and my feet didn‘t feel as securely locked down as I want it. There was a little bit of swimming and even tearing on the laces like crazy didn’t help much. The last run I used thicker socks and with them shoes felt great!

Right - this excessive roominess or floaty-ness is what I'm afraid of. Lockdown doesn't seem as dialed in as the previous gen.

I guess thicker socks could help a bit, but so used to thin socks when wearing VF generally.

Did my first workout in these this morning, an interval workout where the hard miles targeted a 6:30/mile pace and the easier ones around 7:40ish. They’re still easily the best running shoe ever for me. While not any faster, the mesh is more comfortable and accommodating and the shoe is now a better racer for a longer time on your feet.
8ACDB0D9-BE46-459E-AD5F-3F1A377A791C.jpeg

The last for the VFN% feels like it was modeled after my foot. I have never had a shoe fit better in my life. It's a second skin with a midsole glued to it. With that said, after I get an hour in, my feet are warmed up and have swollen a little and then the top of my foot starts to feel tight. My hope is that the new model has an upper that is slightly more forgiving and fixes that for me.

The last for the VFN% feels like it was modeled after my foot. I have never had a shoe fit better in my life. It's a second skin with a midsole glued to it. With that said, after I get an hour in, my feet are warmed up and have swollen a little and then the top of my foot starts to feel tight. My hope is that the new model has an upper that is slightly more forgiving and fixes that for me.

The 2's will be perfect for you then. I have narrow, low volume feet and the 1s always felt claustrophobic inside, even for me. The upper on these is still supportive and locked in but it won't crush your feet or toes.

Back
Top Bottom