Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

how many legit miles y’all getting out of the alphaflys? just had a buddy grab me 2 pair from the oregon employee store, wanna put in treadmill work on 1 pair, save the other for spring, or even summer if they’ll last that long.

via IG

Olympic cw on Flyknit
F359F4DF-8BE8-4094-81D2-EDBB32C29E15.jpeg

About 2 weeks ago I went to the Nike outlet because I wanted to see if they had either the Alphaflys or Vaporflys so I could use them for a run coming up on Thanksgiving. And of course they would have both shoes there on the hash wall but literally none available in my size. They had .5 up and down but not my size.

However, they had the Zoom X Invincible Runs there in my size. I tried them on and they felt amazing. I was close to buying the pair there but it was still for retail. So a few days after, I checked on GOAT to see if there would be some cheaper pairs on there and luckily I found a brand new pair for only $120. They just came in today and I did a mile run in them on the treadmill and they felt great. Definitely needs some getting used to cause I primarily run in Infinity React 2s but they felt great. I even compared the comfort on both and I was surprised how stiff my IR2s felt. Most likely due to the mileage ran in them. The Zoom X Invincible have easily made my top 3 shoes for comfort.

has anyone tried the zoom fly yet? Saw a few reviews but BITR deems them “confusing” could use another perspective.

I did NYC on Espeed1’s and they didn’t feel as harsh/firm in the forefoot as the 2’s. They are perfect besides that. Cushy and carbon plate seems cool.

has anyone tried the zoom fly yet? Saw a few reviews but BITR deems them “confusing” could use another perspective.

I did NYC on Espeed1’s and they didn’t feel as harsh/firm in the forefoot as the 2’s. They are perfect besides that. Cushy and carbon plate seems cool.

I have a few friends who got the ZF4 and the love/hate breakdown generally follows some of the observations from reviews. The ones who liked the ZF3 like the ZF4 the same or better and use them for tempo runs. Not surprisingly, these folks are fast runners. A couple friends who didn't like or had no experience with the ZF3 and got the 4 as a daily trainer really dislike it for being too stiff/firm and heavy feeling. These folks aren't fast runners.

I loved the ZF3 sole. The upper just wasn’t durable, imo. I developed holes on the toe area where the mesh is visible. Then again, I was mostly using that specific pair for strength training.

Just saw these on IG
D39BE4E9-5507-4DA0-91AA-1B920686F124.jpeg

4D841018-DF50-47EC-BF25-DF62E73CBC7F.jpeg

These were designed nicely! I’d scoop these up if they were GRs!

Anyhow, if you’re going to opt for the Flyknit Upper, opt for the Traditional Swooshes for that clean look! I wasted my 15% off code on four Flyknit Uppers with the graphic Swooshes. SMH.

The graphic Swooshes look good on that design!

When you opt for the same color Graphic Swooshes as the Flyknit upper color, it looks awful.

It's a 5k/10k road shoe. possibly half also if your feet can take it. my first 1:21 half was in the takumi sen 3.

It's just supply chain issues causing delays for shoes. alot of shoes set to release q1/q2 next year got delayed already.

Vaporfly relevant only since there’s at least one in one of the photos so I think it qualifies lol Made me laugh my *** off on a Wednesday. This is why I love NYC

Back
Top Bottom