Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

With Nike’s return policy even after they’re run in, I’m going to try the Pink or Sail cw. Might even use them for a race lol

white/grey pairs tempting

rakuten got that 12% cashback too

imma go for a run, if my size is still available when i get back then its meant to be

1680361005756.jpeg

RW invites just went out if you signed up for the raffle like entry contest.

IMG_4067.png

Just entered -- not even for myself. GF is racing in May so wanted the proto's for her.

Not sure if the raffle makes me feel any better.

All of the running stores were out even for women sizes pretty early on (Heartbreak, The Loop)

Saw the first wave of VFN3 color ways. Grays sold out quick and forgot the proto dropped today…

Just another sadderday!!

VFN2s are still good for me!

4B1C5F31-7F18-4130-BC9B-8810F195C625.jpeg

Can’t wait to try the 3s out though LOL. Ordered the Sail/Orange and Pinks cws.

F0318119-ECAC-4C39-928F-CA659A2F59E9.jpeg

9565FEAC-8256-438E-AC1C-E181DAB2F555.jpeg

Initial impressions after their first run:

Right out of the box, they looked and felt very plush and breathable. The Flyknit upper is a major improvement over the VFN2 with the Engineered Mesh. It reminds me of the original Flyknit Racer but with more structure and reinforcement. It’s more flexible and forgiving in my true size. Like the OG VFN, the 2s were very narrow. I had to opt for a +1/2 size up for a comfortable fit. These on the other hand, fit just right with enough room for foot splay in my true size.

The ride felt more stable than the 2s. However, the 2s felt more propulsive and faster to me. I did manage to negative split the entire run though.

The durability seems like it’s going to be an issue. I already see glimpses exposed ZOOMX through the few small tears on the outsole. My 2s hardly show any wear after SEVERAL runs in. I suspect that I’ll have even more tears and ZOOMX exposure with subsequent runs. I’m willing to give them another shot though, but I just don’t think they’ll be my race day shoe.

Last edited:
IMG_4168.png

RW has some more Proto in women’s sizes if anyone is still looking. Might need to be on their mailing list to access.

Back
Top Bottom