Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

1689365321182.jpeg

1689365363830.jpeg

it sounds amazing

is a fabric wrap on the outsoles normal for trail shoes? while bot an expert on trail, i feel like ive paid attention and watched/read plenty of reviews for it (especially ginger runner who mostly do trails) and ive never hear do that feature

the UFs are kind of the perfext super shoe for me, wide overall is a plus for my wide feet and vibram midsole that can withstand my extreme speedwalkin sounds great

id use it on the road as is but if they can remove the trail traction and cut a few oz off, it might jist be perfect for my intense elite level strolls

it sounds amazing

is a fabric wrap on the outsoles normal for trail shoes? while bot an expert on trail, i feel like ive paid attention and watched/read plenty of reviews for it (especially ginger runner who mostly do trails) and ive never hear do that feature

the UFs are kind of the perfext super shoe for me, wide overall is a plus for my wide feet and vibram midsole that can withstand my extreme speedwalkin sounds great

id use it on the road as is but if they can remove the trail traction and cut a few oz off, it might jist be perfect for my intense elite level strolls
The fabric wrap is not typical at all for trail shoes, but in this case it's necessary to keep the ZoomX from getting destroyed quickly and it's lighter than encasing the ZoomX in a carrier. It's a race shoe that's not meant for high levels of durability but I'm still curious to see how the midsole sidewalls and outsole (shallow 3mm lugs) hold up over time.

The fabric wrap is not typical at all for trail shoes, but in this case it's necessary to keep the ZoomX from getting destroyed quickly and it's lighter than encasing the ZoomX in a carrier. It's a race shoe that's not meant for high levels of durability but I'm still curious to see how the midsole sidewalls and outsole (shallow 3mm lugs) hold up over time.

that why i was asking, never heard or seen of it and if its something new nike innovated that will soon be copied by other brands

really looking forward to it

Is there a big difference from the Vaporfly 2s to Vaporfly 3s? Eyeing a pair and some Zoomfly 5s that I want as secondary runner shoe.

Is there a big difference from the Vaporfly 2s to Vaporfly 3s? Eyeing a pair and some Zoomfly 5s that I want as secondary runner shoe.

From what people have said on here, it seems most prefer the 2’s sole and durability, while the 3 has a better upper and concerns about the midsole durability. I think at this exact moment, with the heavy discounts on the 2s, the general consensus is to go with those. However, people do like the 3s. If the price were the same I believe most think it’s kind of a toss up.

I was gonna post this but there's a comment saying it might be an AI generated image? Not sure how legit this image is given I couldn't find it anywhere else.
yea something about it doesn't quite look right, would not surprise me.

feel like Nike is missing a zoom fly / tempo refresh this year, so hoping something comes out in the long run category this summer/fall.

Picked up a pair of ZoomFly 5s on sale through NDC. Looking forward to trying them out.

Ultraflys, white Zegamas, and black gtx trails all loaded up on ndc as “coming soon”. My body is ready

Last edited:
Ultraflys, white Zegamas, and black gtx trails all loaded up on ndc as “coming soon”. My body is ready

Some of the reviews of the Ultrafly on NDC are ... I don't even know how to describe them. Like this 4-star gem: "The shoes are really comfortable and softer than other tennis shoes. My feet are wider than normal so I have to loosen the laces a bit more than other shoes. The shoes are designed for hiking, but I have loved shooting hoops in my driveway with these. Design is okay — a style I wouldn’t normally buy but I do like them. If I could change one thing then it would be for a little give in the width."

Some of the reviews of the Ultrafly on NDC are ... I don't even know how to describe them. Like this 4-star gem: "The shoes are really comfortable and softer than other tennis shoes. My feet are wider than normal so I have to loosen the laces a bit more than other shoes. The shoes are designed for hiking, but I have loved shooting hoops in my driveway with these. Design is okay — a style I wouldn’t normally buy but I do like them. If I could change one thing then it would be for a little give in the width."

They’re pretty comical, most of the 5* reviews are from “given free to review or part of a prize/giveaway”

Has anybody seen any other colorways of the ultraflys? I wonder how long after they launch a second colorway will arrive. Hoping I can get at least the launch colorway to try out.

Back
Top Bottom