Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

If you ran at least 10mi last month, check your Nike app Rewards tab for 10% at all Nike Stores. It’s valid until the end of the month.

IMG_6692.jpeg

IMG_6691.jpeg

I heard 8/17 for usa release… but I’d be ready regardless
You’re correct

Potomac River Running had them on their site at the beginning of the month. I bought my size and received an email right after advising Nike had a hard release date of 8/17 and they couldn’t ship until that day.

What app do you guys use to track your runs? I've been using the Apple Fitness app, but is there another app that is just as good?

What app do you guys use to track your runs? I've been using the Apple Fitness app, but is there another app that is just as good?

I use NRC (because I want to hit Volt) and the Apple Fitness app. As of the last major WatchOS update, the running metrics, racing your previous times, track recognition and more on Apple Watch are great.

To use them in tandem, I start NRC on my iPhone then start an outdoor run on my Apple Watch Ultra. After the run is complete there’s an app I use called HealthFit that syncs the run over to Strava (which I like for Heat maps, Local Legend Leaderboards and a few other metrics).

Are there certain metrics or functionality you’re looking to gain past Apple Fitness?

I use NRC (because I want to hit Volt) and the Apple Fitness app. As of the last major WatchOS update, the running metrics, racing your previous times, track recognition and more on Apple Watch are great.

To use them in tandem, I start NRC on my iPhone then start an outdoor run on my Apple Watch Ultra. After the run is complete there’s an app I use called HealthFit that syncs the run over to Strava (which I like for Heat maps, Local Legend Leaderboards and a few other metrics).

Are there certain metrics or functionality you’re looking to gain past Apple Fitness?
Wow good info

Thanks for the info! No, I'm a beginner runner and just wanted to see if there were some good alternatives to the Apple Fitness app to track my runs.

yah i use nrc because ive got too much miles invested there where switching means i kose then

if that app that transfers runs from nrc to strava includes a decade worth of runs then i might try it but i am never getting rid of nrc

I use a Garmin watch, and it syncs to NRC and Strava.

I've been thinking about getting the COROS watch for quite some time now, as it has a CRISP display. However, my Garmin is working fine.

On that UFly note, I'm looking forward to seeing more cws!

I tried these on along with the infinity4 with reactx in stores and they were too “mushy” for me, if that makes any sense.

$260…that’s steep. Are they just passing the vibram licensing fee to us?

they have to but the alphafly is already $250 (alphafly is $275) and this is like the vibram’d version of that in a way but actually more r&d was done to make the shoe (still only running shoes i know that wraps the midsole with cloth or something to contain it) so theres some extra expense in creating it

so $260 actually doesnt seem too bad especially when a lot of running shoes and trail shoes are playing in that price tange even before nike introduced the vaporfly line, i believe those salomons and similar brands can go upwards of $200 iirc

Back
Top Bottom