Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

New additions to the roster

AlphaFly Next% 2 - Hyper Pink
AlphaFly Next% 2 - Hyper Pink.png

VaporFly Next% 2 - University Blue
VaporFly Next% 2 - GT40.png

anyone got any news on the new zegama 2? I’ve heard it’s suppose to be coming out this year and potentially with a vibram outsole!

I’ve got a feeling we’ll get it this year from what I’ve seen, all the new colours teased at the running show are now out so kinda makes sense if that’s it

Last edited:
yah its an early access, i was mid power stroll and felt my phone vibrate then saw the notification, was able to get a pair

Reserved for you but not reserved for you 😂

:lol:

i think its because i went to the page after i placed the order on the app

Grey and black pair of Ultrafly spotted in the wild, wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a new colour-way at utmb

Also interesting video regarding UF not a full length by the looks of it

Last edited:
IMG_0944.png

Saw that Social Status and A Ma Maniere have a raffle for these next week. Any idea if these are dropping at other retailers like RW or elsewhere?

Grey and black pair of Ultrafly spotted in the wild, wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a new colour-way at utmb

Any pictures of the grey colorway in the wild?

IMG_0944.png

Saw that Social Status and A Ma Maniere have a raffle for these next week. Any idea if these are dropping at other retailers like RW or elsewhere?
RW has the VF 3 in this CW as coming soon. They don’t show the AF2 in this CW but hopefully they release them.

Ultraflys just arrived and man, I love these! Come with a lot of stickers that are cool!
PXL_20230830_005924838.jpg

The responsiveness of these on foot are incredible! Feel much more responsive than my Infinity React runners and much lighter! Feel like the Invincibles are a better comparison.

The size is good length wise, but the width of the toe box is wide and generous. The toe box is also low volume, so the upper material really hugs my feet. My big toe kinda sticks out the top of the toe box, but it isn't uncomfortable.
PXL_20230830_011432016.jpg

No heel slip and decent arch support. I have flat feet, but these aren't painful to wear. Will be wearing these around the house until I can get on a trail to put them through a run.
PXL_20230830_011439814.jpg

i do love how wide it is

IMG_7055.jpeg

midsole wrapped in that material is good but cleaning its gon be a nightmare
IMG_6872.jpeg

on the kipchoges, the faux sig and sharpie written message were a nice touch, was searching for some certificate hoping it was a real sig though not gon lie :lol:
IMG_7060.jpeg

I think it's a 3/4 length plate that forks at the toes but doesn't go through the heel. The cutaway view appears to be right through the root of the fork, which goes all the way to the toes, so it looks shorter than it is.

Aesthetically, the UF's upper appears to have that Pegasus profile. Maybe it's what the Pegasus Turbo should've been...
The UF doesn't really feel fast or light, but it has a comfortable midsole, grippy outsole, and thankfully, plenty of room up front. I've enjoyed the road and buffed out/sandy trail runs I've done in them so far.

Doesn’t it have a carbon plate? I thought this was going to be the VF or AF of trail running shoes (plus the Vibram outsole to bring it in line with competition).

Doesn’t it have a carbon plate? I thought this was going to be the VF or AF of trail running shoes (plus the Vibram outsole to bring it in line with competition).

For the nth time, the carbon plate does not give the spring, propulsion, etc... it's the damn foam. The foam and been taped up stoping it from compressing as much.

It’s more of the invincible run than Vaporfly
Appreciate the response.

I don't get the springy, propulsion feeling from non plated shoes like the Invincible or old Peg Turbo (which was a mix of react/zoom-X).

I understand about the energy return from the ZoomX (or other Prebax-based foam shoes). With VF or AF, I definitely feel that great springy bounce back feel when I run. I'm super slow right now. But I estimate a minute cut off my running time.

Back
Top Bottom