Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Unless I’m mistaken, you’ve prior experience with shoe development/design at Nike. Curious to get your thoughts as to why they’ve chosen predominantly white with a touch of orange for major running debuts/drops? Seems a bit quiet. I mean, it doesn’t shout “hey, look at me.” What am I missing? Thanks.
When I left, the whole company was restructuring. It was just after the Epic React 1 was done and the Alphafly, and the running shoe departments lost a few good designers to other departments and there was a bit of a brain drain from the company in general.

Been meaning to ask on this thread, how’s the traction holding up on wet trails/rocks and asphalt? I know it’s Vibram but the lugs look a bit thin.

It is phenomenal. I went running on a slick surface a couple weeks ago and they were solid. It’s not wearing down quickly either. I’d say the biggest concern is the material on the midsole.

image.jpg

Been meaning to ask on this thread, how’s the traction holding up on wet trails/rocks and asphalt? I know it’s Vibram but the lugs look a bit thin.
Traction is great on all surfaces so far (SoCal buffed out trails, some technical stuff, pavement, grass), but if you have to run through loose dirt or mud, 3mm lugs are probably going to feel iffy.

Am I the only one that hates the invincible 3? Ok, maybe hate is a strong word, but it's such a downgrade to me from the 1 and 2. I hate how thin and cheap they feel, the heel fit, and the zoomx is not nearly as comfortable, especially in the forefoot.

Am I the only one that hates the invincible 3? Ok, maybe hate is a strong word, but it's such a downgrade to me from the 1 and 2. I hate how thin and cheap they feel, the heel fit, and the zoomx is not nearly as comfortable, especially in the forefoot.
Completely agree. Not comfortable at all. Really disappointing - especially as visually, they look better than the 1 & 2.
1 & 2's are becoming harder and harder to find now. Hopefully, the 4 is an improvement and comes out soon!

It's a step down for me. I never run in them anymore.

I returned them after 1 run. For some reason, it just did not work out for me.

New VF3 colorway:

I’m having a hard time understanding Nike’s pricing of the recent VF 3 CWs. We have the following:

Kipchoge CW - $250
Black / gold CW - $260
Orange midsole CW - $270

I don’t understand why there is a premium price for the black / gold and orange midsole CWs or why there is a difference in the pricing between these too.

What is most confusing is the Kipchoge CW is the standard $250 price and this is arguable the CW that is special.

I’m having a hard time understanding Nike’s pricing of the recent VF 3 CWs. We have the following:

Kipchoge CW - $250
Black / gold CW - $260
Orange midsole CW - $270

I don’t understand why there is a premium price for the black / gold and orange midsole CWs or why there is a difference in the pricing between these too.

What is most confusing is the Kipchoge CW is the standard $250 price and this is arguable the CW that is special.
Agree that Nike's pricing is weird recently. When the Ultrafly was announced, it was $250, but when the first proto colorway dropped it was $260, but then the 2nd colorway just came out at $260 and the proto went to $250... :stoneface:

Agree that Nike's pricing is weird recently. When the Ultrafly was announced, it was $250, but when the first proto colorway dropped it was $260, but then the 2nd colorway just came out at $260 and the proto went to $250... :stoneface:
Thats weird, here in Austria the pricing is as follows:

Vaporfly 3% EK: 269,99 EUR
Vaporfly 3% other colours: 259,99 EUR
Alphafly 2 EK: 319,99 EUR
Alphafly 2 other colours: 309,99 EUR

Thats weird, here in Austria the pricing is as follows:

Vaporfly 3% EK: 269,99 EUR
Vaporfly 3% other colours: 259,99 EUR
Alphafly 2 EK: 319,99 EUR
Alphafly 2 other colours: 309,99 EUR
This pricing makes sense to me as the Kipchoge CWs of the AF 1 were always a $10 price increase relative to the other CWs in the US. The Kipchoge CWs are special and can warrant a higher price.

The current pricing situation makes no sense though. What warrants a higher price for the black/gold CW relative to the Kipchoge and even Proto CWs. Don’t get me wrong, I like the black/gold CW. I just don’t understand why it’s priced higher.

This pricing makes sense to me as the Kipchoge CWs of the AF 1 were always a $10 price increase relative to the other CWs in the US. The Kipchoge CWs are special and can warrant a higher price.

The current pricing situation makes no sense though. What warrants a higher price for the black/gold CW relative to the Kipchoge and even Proto CWs. Don’t get me wrong, I like the black/gold CW. I just don’t understand why it’s priced higher.
Yeah I agree hence why I think "our pricing" makes some sense at least, why yours is so different for the models is interesting

Back
Top Bottom