Nikes ⒶⓁⓅⒽⒶ Project

I picked up 4 or 5 pairs of Ultraflights back in the day from Ross for around $30 a piece. White/yellow, incredible shoe to play ball in.

Along those lines though not alpha related, when are we gonna get a Zoom BB retro???

I picked up 4 or 5 pairs of Ultraflights back in the day from Ross for around $30 a piece. White/yellow, incredible shoe to play ball in.

Along those lines though not alpha related, when are we gonna get a Zoom BB retro???

Considering how poorly they sold and how Nike doesnt like putting forefoot Zoom in any retros lately, I wouldnt hold my breath. Wasn't there a scandal surrounding the Zoom BB2 a few years back ala the recent XV fiasco that cost Eastbay a lot of money? Hi tops had Zoom but Lows didnt and since they used the same description they ended up paying out for anyone who bought a pair?

^ you forgot this cw...

The hype would be real around these if they were to release now

This thread is gonna make me cry.

I need those Venom Duncan's. Have they ever been retroed???

Nike needs to drop pretty much the entire Payton line.

I got about ten pairs of Alpha Projects left. I might do a group photo depending on how lazy I feel.

^Nah. Those Duncans have never been retroed. Doubt they ever will. People really only acknowledge the Foamposite Max joints with him. They never sold well either, even in San Antonio. However, since the Kukuni would be a no-brainer in terms of selling, maybe these would sell modestly at best. He was at the forefront of the AP line before he left for Adidas in 03. He wore Flightposites and Vis Zooms in addition to his 2 series deep shoe line, Foamposite Max and the Garnett Uptempo 3.0.

Last edited:
Nike needs to drop pretty much the entire Payton line.

QFT

GP has the best signature line next to Jordan IMO. I know some might argue Penny, but I dont think anyone would contest all of GPs shoes were better performers.

Even the Takedown Son of Gloves were great on and off court. Nike sure got their moneys worth out of those 2.0 midsole/outsoles too :lol:. So many Shoe Carnival specials used that same tooling for the next few years.

^ you forgot this cw...

View media item 2470268

The hype would be real around these if they were to release now

Coca-Cola joints. I recall these selling for a grip back in the day. Were they FnF release?
I think so. These also reminded me of the "spiderman" Kukini's that flew off the shelf at the time of release

Which colorway were the "Spidermans"?

The other "Spiderman" kicks from the era I remember were the Max Dolce

View media item 2471279There was also an all red pair, but I couldnt find pics of those.

^ I can't remember the exact cw either, but they might be the all red pair. I know people called them spiderman's and they were gone fast.

^ I can't remember the exact cw either, but they might be the all red pair. I know people called them spiderman's and they were gone fast.

There were so many colorways of the Kukuni it's nearly impossible to keep track of em all. I cant find any pics of the leather pairs at all. I had some white/silver ones that wete FNL exclusives and know there were a couple more SL versions.

Not necessarily all red, but found these......
View media item 2471438

That was them. Also had a version without the lace cover, but I think blue may jave been rhe only cw in those.

The version with the exposed laces rather than the web-like covering is called the Air Max Dolce Light I believe. There was a second colorway that was a dark grey/light grey.

Love this thread - it's like the majority focus of my sneaker collection. My five favorite basketball sneakers of all-time have the five dots on them, even though they weren't really explicitly branded with alphaproject branding/boxes. Might have to break all of my pairs out to photograph..

Last edited:
Not necessarily all red, but found these......

These were too far fetched (design wise) for many at the time, but they were part of the AP. The Trainerposite.
Remember having these, got it for $19 each, these things are so uncomfortable to wear being too narrow.

My wife still has the Jet Flights in her closet.

Here's some more from the AP line. I think they pushed the envelope with this line.

Flight Lite IIs(my old pic before they died)
View media item 2468428
Air Max Duncan
View media item 2468429
Zoom Ultraposites (Not 100% if they fell in the AP line, but they should have with the corresponding dots on them)
View media item 2468436

Need

Was extremely disappointed with the flightposite 2014 retro and I have zero faith in Nike retroing any of these faithfully.

yall got some nasty taste when it comes to shoes, every shoe posted is ugly. life too short for all that.

I have a bunch of AP stuff either DS or NDS in my collection, i'll dust them off and take some pics and contribute.

Loved the attention to detail on the AP stuff, especially when they break down the tech on each shoe on the sticker on the inside of the box on some of the 2000 ish releases.

Even if they retroed some of these classics Nike will find a way to cut corners. Just look at the BB4 retros. The recent olympic BB4 retros from 2012 they didnt have the monkey paw anymore. 

Back
Top Bottom