Nike's 2009 Hybrid madness continues...

Sorry if already posted but the hybrid mess continues strong in '09

And calling WallyHopp...an interesting concept the AM1 mashed up with the AT1, but the byproduct looks odd for some reason

^

looks like flywire too on the upper panel.

YAY - they are bringing back the older (and wayyyyyyyyyyy better) Blazer silhouette!!!

^

looks like flywire too on the upper panel.

YAY - they are bringing back the older (and wayyyyyyyyyyy better) Blazer silhouette!!!

smh.gif

.. Are those 180-Blazer hybrids in that mix, like wth NIKE?!?! NOOOOOO, don't go the JB route, making hybrids out the *#! that looks like sum Bullshhh!

YALL BEEN DOIN THE DAMN THING IN THE 09 LATELY, KEEP IT GOINNNNNN, Dun Eff up now!

If they're determined to squeeze every last drop out of the 180 mids, they could at least
Retro the White/Varsity Crimson colorway. Come on Nike.... Do them right, and I'll even pay retail for them.

Can anyone ID these shoes:

1) the shoes to the left of the AM1/AT1
2) the shoes to the right of the blue blazers

Originally Posted by SinnerP

eyes.gif
ruining two classics at once... way to go.
28s0i8i.jpg
RUIN???? Are you kidding me? I love these. I can finally go take a decent run in trainers. strap up the velcro real tight and get to running...wait a second... runners in theory don't need velcro. thats why theyve almost never been seen out of ANY running brand out there. velcro forefootstrap=lateral quickness. that in turn makes it apparently obvious that an outrigger is needed and yet missing. Tinker had it all too perfect in 1987. if youwant velcro, outrigger is essential. yet I dont think too much thought went into these.. Then again, they have premium durabuck/suede that is the right SHADEfor once and bright green accent pieces.. Materials and attention to detail that has been missing on normal cut air trainers for almost a decade. Threeintregral parts being shown that love on a hybrid of all shoes.
laugh.gif

soleaddict, i think it looks odd because so much focus is on the black forefoot area and without an outrigger to bring in some symmetry, its looking like somesecond rate no name nikes:

nike macbuck
156760873_tp.jpg

The ugly stepchild gets all the love here but your true money maker from '87 gets thrown into the retirement village.

Another issue i've been trying to deal with. How would a chlorophyll c/w look on an at1 low retro:
the results not too great:
35e25154e96c3c55c5bbd45cc795ed2ea88cdc3.pjpg

I have come to realize, you can't mess with Orginal colorways. they just work too well to be messed with.

1149148954_308873_001.jpg

keep the blacks and dark greys on the HIGH cut. the lows, its all about the greys....

A decent NEW GENERATION AIR TRAINER flywire 2009:
1343504342d46adfc573ca2cb6efb028078f5ab.jpg

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Can anyone ID these shoes:

1) the shoes to the left of the AM1/AT1
2) the shoes to the right of the blue blazers
#1 is an air force II with what looks like a chucktaylor rubber midsole instead of the normal af1 mid
#2 is of a 1990s AIR FLIGHT LITE high ( a true to form retro came out last year) with a blazer midsole
roll.gif

EDIT: I think im wrong on #1. I think its a DELTA FORCE HIGH. Both are quite similar. i dont think a DF high retro has ever come out.. just the 3/4 cut. thesehybrids are bring out the best and worst of nike

Oh god. Hideous....that's a very poorly designed shoe right there from an aesthetic perspective. Sticking an air unit on some at1s would make more sense.

Now thats something much better... that outrigger makes all the difference to me...
1343504342d46adfc573ca2cb6efb028078f5ab.jpg

Lol, for once we have a differing opinion on a trainer...

Back
Top Bottom