Nikes Commitmnent to Fairness

View media item 507932Source: Reddit

NDC seems to be cancelling orders involving the DB3's/Mints if they were obtained with a bot. If you had your order cancelled you've received an e-mail talking about the commitment to fairness

There WILL be a restock and this restock WILL have DB3's | DB 95's | Toro 4's | Hazelnut's | Mints etc. Pretty much anything that has been released since May/June up until August/September will be in this restock.
View media item 507946
If your order was cancelled under the commitment to fairness policy, the credit card you used for the purchased will be blacklisted site wide. Not the account, the Credit Card.

Looking for some of the bot users to chime in to gauge spread of this or if its just isolated cases.

Last edited:
Except plenty of people with bots still got through for multiple pairs and will pick up more once Nike does their restock.

Except plenty of people with bots still got through for multiple pairs and will pick up more once Nike does their restock.

No doubt this will happen, but at least Nike has shown some initiative to try and eliminate botting.

Hozer, where did you get the info about blacklisting credit cards?  I saw their reply to cancelled orders and putting them back up on the site at an undisclosed time but nothing about blacklisting cards.  BTW, I don't use bots and I haven't tried for a pair of Jordans since the Black/Red XIII released. 

If they really do start a blacklist, then it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thank you Nike. Now find a way to fix the RSVP problems.
I thought that the new photo hashtag based RSVP fixed that?

Edit:

Also, I think this is stupid. Nike should just add a captcha to the add to cart button. We don't know their method of determining if a bot was used or not is even reliable, and this is probably going to hurt legitimate customers.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure all nike need to do is change the coding on the webpage.. if the coding is a bit off the script will not work. if they change one line i.e size the script will be looking for it and not find it - unable to buy.

If i was a coder at nike I would try to find a way of making the botters get owned.. like have a hidden size element, so when they script it still "buys" but it it does not give them a pair of the shoes it gives them a trollface.jpg and a creditcard ban. lets face it they are all using the same thing so i dont think it would be very hard to switch it up.

Edit:

Also, I think this is stupid. Nike should just add a captcha to the add to cart button. We don't know their method of determining if a bot was used or not is even reliable, and this is probably going to hurt legitimate customers.
Optical character recognition is used to capture those words. I use OCR for work every day for my litigation support job so when nike revealed that this would be the new RSVP format, i knew it was going to be pointless.

Every release just needs to be an raffle via email like footlocker does. Point blank.

Last edited:

Edit:

From speculation only, it seems as if they are determining this by length of order time; From the time link goes live to DM or checkout. If its in the fraction of a second mark, well humans can't do that and that leads to a cancellation.

Hozer, where did you get the info about blacklisting credit cards?  I saw their reply to cancelled orders and putting them back up on the site at an undisclosed time but nothing about blacklisting cards.  BTW, I don't use bots and I haven't tried for a pair of Jordans since the Black/Red XIII released. 

Source of mine, I've yet to see it confirmed it by a banned individual though. Whether its currently happening (which I doubt) or it will be put into place (More likely) I think its a step in the right direction. I've also heard rumor of an IP ban, although my source says this is just hearsay at the moment and unlikely to occur.

I say use a 5 question pop quiz about the history of Jordan's career if you buying air jordans. Bots would have to be loaded like a dictionary to get through.

Only happening to people who use web based service for a bot... Nike can only see IPs on there servers. So they see your account added the shoe to your cart in Florida, but you checked out in NYC... Nike cannot see what the user is doing on there computer.

Nike is full of ****

Fairness? How about producing enough pairs to meet demand? Eliminate all of this BS. Oh, but then none of the beasts would be interested and only people that actually like the shoe would purchase :rolleyes

i dont understand the bot thing, but if you have to use it to PURCHASE shoes, that says more about the system and quantity available.

I dont even attempt to get shoes anymore due to how difficult it is to obtain them.

Back
Top Bottom