Nike's LeBron Sneakers to Test $300 Limit

magic+pass.jpg

Most level headed people can see through Nike's antics and realize most of what they do now is simply because they CAN.. I'm not buying that it's their only option and costs are up or any of that other BS.

I've seen one retro model stand at its current msrp of $90 for a decade or more. Then Nike decides to up the price because of costs? Were they doing us favors and losing money in the latter years before the price increase? Now we're looking at $110 for what can be guaranteed to be lessen quality than the retro from 2000 that retailed for $90. We're looking at a 18% increase in just a few years time.. From a plateau state to upping the ante... The only change out of all this is consumers dropping big bucks on limited items. And it now affects everything Nike makes.

Last edited:
That's crazy man. Luckily I don't care for shoes as much as i used to..

and even when I did care, I was more interested in buying older retro's from 99-07ish

Last pair of nike shoes I remember buying were infrared 90's for 60 bucks two summers ago

:wow:

How can you blame them? Y'all idiots ran out and bought Yeezy 2's at $245 a pop so why not Lebrons? We'll see the usual statements on here "Can't believe
Lebron's are 300 bucks now, guess I'm only going for 2 pairs this time" :stoneface:

This same story has been on repeat since I arrived here more than a decade ago. Nothing has changed. The consumer still buys.

Straight crazy. Like many have said, the price increase is just a cash grab by Nike. They see the insane resell prices we are willing to pay on ebay, and and figure THEY might as well get the money instead of a reseller. No way I'd pay 300+ plus for some bball shoes. But I guarantee as soon as some of us see a celeb with em, the boards will be filled with "2x copped", "robo copped" etc. I will bow out gracefully if this is the new trend. Mostly only wear my sneakers on the weekend anyway.

Last edited:
Elites still sitting on shelves around my way IDK what Nike is thinking I might cop the regular joints for !80 but even that is steep only nike product I've paid retail for was the oly 6's I plan on keeping it that way they've gotten out of hand it's easier now to just wait it out till some young hypebeast is strapped for cash and snatch joints up at steal prices copped my metallic red foams for $130 that way I refuse to get ****** by nike and $100 for some damn bball shorts? you can buy designer shorts for that

hypebeast fault cause that happend B
Has nothing to do with hypebeasts. They are a very small percentage of the population. Nike has a revenue goal they want to reach and they have to answer to shareholders.

Some of you have no idea how retail works especially on the buying/selling side. Nike isn't seeing $300 from the shoe. They sell them at wholesale which may be $125 and the retailer sells them at the MSRP to make their money back and profit at the same time. Once its out of Nike's hands, they've already made their money and the store will either have to make an effort to sell them or be stuck with merchandise and ultimately take a loss.

Last edited:
Has nothing to do with hypebeasts. They are a very small percentage of the population. Nike has a revenue goal they want to reach and they have to answer to shareholders.

But the way they're going about it is outrageous. Add an extra 2% to every item if that's the case so it won't be so blatant. Plus they have the NFL contract, that alone should give them a boost.

But the way they're going about it is outrageous. Add an extra 2% to every item if that's the case so it won't be so blatant. Plus they have the NFL contract, that alone should give them a boost.
It is outrageous. I agree and its why I've curbed my shoe buying. The NFL contract does give them a boost, but they don't get all the money. They have to give a certain percentage of sales to the league, the union and I believe the player as well. With the cost of labor even slightly going up, it cuts into their overall profit margin. You have to adjust as you see fit and unfortunately it leads into the $315 shoe. Also, to clarify. There are TWO versions of the LeBron X. One is $180 and the Nike+ version is $315. None of you ball like that so you shouldn't be spending $315 on a shoe.

The real truth is that we are seeing more outlet stores than ever before. Nike is all too willing to "discount" a FSR of shoes... Yet no one tends to question why they are happy about selling shoes for 20-50% off.. Their markup is so tremendous that making $5-$10/ pair is worth it. It's about time that customers get to know Nike's real philosophy and go by that standard. They value their shoes so LOW, that us customers should follow that same protocol.

Last edited:
$315 huh? :rofl:. Straight buggin'. I'm glad this is happening so they can eventually have stuff sit and the prices will be lowered or at least stablize.

I just took a closer look at the Jordan shorts, do they not even have a design? just the logo on the bottom right? :rofl:

Growing up LeBron always said he moved from house to house at times because they could not make ends meet. I wonder if you could ask him at that time of his life about a pair of $315 shoes for his favorite basketball player, what would be his response then versus now?
-Honestly unless you play for a MAJOR college or highschool program that tracks this type of stuff for training purposes and they give them to you for free, no one in the 9 to 5 working world needs these at all. I mean the NIKE + running technology was cool because it tracks your running stats why a little pricey but somewhat reasonable. But, this is out of hand. But, let them slap a southbeach colorway or dunkman colorway or whatever and they will sell out in seconds. Nike really has some people "balls on a string" when it comes to this type stuff. Then people get all big-eyed when they see a receipt of LeBron spending $130,000 on a night out with his friends who are not buying his shoes but getting them for free. Paying these prices for this type stuff enables him to do this with no second thoughts at all. But I can not blame Nike because it they are in the business of making money.

As long the price of white AF1's doesn't go over $100.00 I''m good. Hopefully you dudes take a stance against Nike and don't buy into the hype of buying these $300 Lebrons.

Last edited:
As long the price of white AF1's doesn't go over $100.00 I''m good. Hopefully you dudes take a stance against Nike and don't buy into the hype of buying these $300 Lebrons.
Taking a stance against Nike doesn't work and won't work. Once retailers like Footlocker and your mom/pop get them, its no longer Nike's problem as they've already made their money from the shoe. There aren't enough Niketown's to where taking a stance would be effective.
I wasn't surprised when I read and nor should you. The Internet has given racists a sense of anonymity to do these things. Sneakers have always been perceived as an urban thing so these comments don't surprise me. My thing is, that no one makes a peep when someone pays hundreds of dollars for a pair of shoes. Let people spend their money how they want.

Last edited:
Taking a stance against Nike doesn't work and won't work. Once retailers like Footlocker and your mom/pop get them, its no longer Nike's problem as they've already made their money from the shoe. There aren't enough Niketown's to where taking a stance would be effective.

I wasn't surprised when I read and nor should you. The Internet has given racists a sense of anonymity to do these things. Sneakers have always been perceived as an urban thing so these comments don't surprise me. My thing is, that no one makes a peep when someone pays hundreds of dollars for a pair of shoes. Let people spend their money how they want.

Jim Harrington Sr • 5 hours ago

nike throwing in that line about cotton is somehow ironic.
62 2

Share ›

blight14 • 2 hours ago • parent

Which we should have picked ourselves.....surely the most expensive mistake in our nations history..........
19 1

Share ›

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom