Nike's new RSVP process

Given you can translate text, there is nothing stopping a program from being created that is smart enough to learn and adapt. Hand written wouldn't matter much, unless the text is illegible. Adding some salt/distortion helps, but a good openCV program can learn to adapt and solve the capturing of the words. Logic to translate the words to actions... the final string could be constructed. Mixing in a few things that would be difficult to read, such as the color of the font/shoe/background, would introduce enough data to confuse a app.

My concern would be more towards those that have a problem solving a puzzle. Color blindness, vision... any number of reasons. Accessibility is something that seems to have fallen back during the mobile shift.

Given you can translate text, there is nothing stopping a program from being created that is smart enough to learn and adapt. Hand written wouldn't matter much, unless the text is illegible. Adding some salt/distortion helps, but a good openCV program can learn to adapt and solve the capturing of the words. Logic to translate the words to actions... the final string could be constructed. Mixing in a few things that would be difficult to read, such as the color of the font/shoe/background, would introduce enough data to confuse a app.

My concern would be more towards those that have a problem solving a puzzle. Color blindness, vision... any number of reasons. Accessibility is something that seems to have fallen back during the mobile shift.
And how accessible are they to anyone now? Or if they use something simple enough for the bots to adapt to? I def see your point but they really would need to make it a little complex for it to work.

And how accessible are they to anyone now? Or if they use something simple enough for the bots to adapt to? I def see your point but they really would need to make it a little complex for it to work.

I guess that depends on the user. The current approach is less accessible, but I doubt those I'm referring to were among those camping out. Just something that is a issue I would like to address on more of my projects. Text to speech, text size change... Whatever I can do to make the content available to almost everyone. Unlaced has none of these features, so I'm part of the problem. But this will be addressed in the coming updates.

I guess that depends on the user. The current approach is less accessible, but I doubt those I'm referring to were among those camping out. Just something that is a issue I would like to address on more of my projects. Text to speech, text size change... Whatever I can do to make the content available to almost everyone. Unlaced has none of these features, so I'm part of the problem. But this will be addressed in the coming updates.
In a broad sense, you're right it has been overlooked. I applaud your efforts on that front.

All the hate on here is disgusting...I won RSVP's by myself, failed at them myself as well. I won RSVP's thru Chronos and failed at a few as well. I appreciated Chronos looking out because it was not MANDATORY for you to donate but I felt that for someone to go thru the trouble to try and help others on this board does deserve a donation for his time and effort or lack thereof from the point of view of some of you haters. This is about as even a playing field it's gonna be for a while, bot or no bot. And while we're at it, how much of a difference is it to donate to Chronos $10 to land you a RSVP than it is to slide the local FTL or shoe store employee $20 to hold a size for you????? Hypocrites...

I Think the Biggest Thing here is them banning people...DMs coming in within 1 second will probably be a instant ban

All the hate on here is disgusting...I won RSVP's by myself, failed at them myself as well. I won RSVP's thru Chronos and failed at a few as well. I appreciated Chronos looking out because it was not MANDATORY for you to donate but I felt that for someone to go thru the trouble to try and help others on this board does deserve a donation for his time and effort or lack thereof from the point of view of some of you haters. This is about as even a playing field it's gonna be for a while, bot or no bot. And while we're at it, how much of a difference is it to donate to Chronos $10 to land you a RSVP than it is to slide the local FTL or shoe store employee $20 to hold a size for you????? Hypocrites...

Call it a donation, but what's the difference between a $10 donation to him and the $30 or $50 "donation" to the other snipers? THAT is hypocrisy. And to be clear, it was stated that you had an advantage with the $10 donation. In the end, I have no problem with someone trying to pull their hustle while they can, whether I agree with it or not, but don't act like you're trying to stop the other guys from making a killing when you're promoting the same paid service for your own profit.

What really irks me is that he claimed he was doing this to put an end to the snipers, and yet here he is already saying that despite of a new system (which he was looking for Nike to implement), and despite a policy that strictly forbids this, he's going to push on to compete with the other snipers. It nullifies the whole premise for doing it in the first place.

He wasn't forcing anyone to pay and some won without paying. Great. But that's just a distraction from the fact that he was profiting just like the people he claimed he was trying to put out of business. Isn't it clear as day he's out to make money just like these other people, he's just doing it for cheaper and not looking like the bad guy bc of the free option as well?

What up NT fam.. Just got my NT account back due to TLO, RSVP, bots, etc. The game has changed. I'm getting too old for camping at the local moms n pops, and all raffles rigged here(NOLA)!  But anyway, whether you like it or not, right or wrong...I'd make the donation. I have not been very successful online since things have changed. Therefore..

How does one get intouch with a bot holder, Chronos, anybody..someone PM me its whatever!

Paypal ready..

Save your money.

Why doesn't Nike implement a FNL or FTL family system, or are there bots for those sites as well? I only ask because of the 'bots can't be stopped' posts.

I refuse to believe that bots really could parse through something like this that is handwritten and scribbled on. Seriously? Come on...

900x900px-LL-7d3e4130_NewNikeTwitterRSVPSystem_2_032713.jpeg

Computers do whatever they wanna do , all you have to do is program them

Last edited:
I refuse to believe that bots really could parse through something like this that is handwritten and scribbled on. Seriously? Come on...

900x900px-LL-7d3e4130_NewNikeTwitterRSVPSystem_2_032713.jpeg

machine learning... it's possible. The hand writing makes the app work harder, in terms of running algorithms that compare against known character styles. The "styles" definitions can be updated to take in account modifications that successfully tricked the system. As j23 mentioned, checking against a set of words, the app can actually guess some words.

I have first hand experience with converting the text in an image to a string. Not easy, but far from impossible.

Call it a donation, but what's the difference between a $10 donation to him and the $30 or $50 "donation" to the other snipers? THAT is hypocrisy. And to be clear, it was stated that you had an advantage with the $10 donation. In the end, I have no problem with someone trying to pull their hustle while they can, whether I agree with it or not, but don't act like you're trying to stop the other guys from making a killing when you're promoting the same paid service for your own profit.

What really irks me is that he claimed he was doing this to put an end to the snipers, and yet here he is already saying that despite of a new system (which he was looking for Nike to implement), and despite a policy that strictly forbids this, he's going to push on to compete with the other snipers. It nullifies the whole premise for doing it in the first place.

He wasn't forcing anyone to pay and some won without paying. Great. But that's just a distraction from the fact that he was profiting just like the people he claimed he was trying to put out of business. Isn't it clear as day he's out to make money just like these other people, he's just doing it for cheaper and not looking like the bad guy bc of the free option as well?
When it comes to sneakers now, especially retros and such, most are trying to make a buck. People going to their local store or ordering and getting sizes and shoes they will never wear in order to turn a profit. If I were a computer genius I would probably do the same to benefit the community rather than myself and sometimes that benefit comes with a small fee. Why all the hate? YOU chose not to use a RSVP system or maybe you did and you failed. Who knows and who cares? Time to move on please and accept the fact that what the "sneaker game" has come to

they should do an online raffle by everyone filling out a form a couple days before the release day and the winners pick up their pair on release day

Back
Top Bottom