@nikestore tweeter bot

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrome extensions work fine.

processed an order for a pair of hazelnuts. 

hopefully its all smoke and mirrors by nike and they get shipped out tomorrow - will update.

I heard some script users scripts died. And nike did input a JavaScript to detect basic scripts like chrome extensions
I'm pretty sure that websites cannot directly check if an extension is installed. If it is possible, please correct me. It would be helpful to know for future development.

I'm pretty sure that websites cannot directly check if an extension is installed. If it is possible, please correct me. It would be helpful to know for future development.
it is possible.

but google normally tries to prevent it.

you can find sources from 2012 from googling "detect chrome extension installed".  there is a tampermonkey example from november 2012 in the results I think.  

it is a fact nike did implement a java to see if scripts are used. can people stop calling these scripts bot also its pathetic to call these things bots

I'm assuming you mean this - http://www.willhawker.com/what-i-learnt-today/20-11-2012/27

That's not exactly a direct way to check. If I read it correctly, you still need to know the extension's ID and the files it uses. If Nike can't get a hold of the specific bot you're using, then you're in the clear.
If you arent using tampermonkey then yes you are correct.

But how many people are using scripts not plugged directly into tampermonkey?

So I have an update to install in java...should I hold off?
nerd.gif

The only way Nike can handle the bot problem is to start randomly choosing people out of the "line".  So instead of this online fcfs, where bot users are always at the front of the line, Nike should let people access the page in a random order. This would give bot users and non-bot users the same chance at getting a pair. Sort of like an online raffle. Do I think this could actually be implemented? Yes, easily. Do I think Nike gives two damns? Ummm no.

Last edited:
1. u didnt say ur friends paid retail tho haha

2. The rise of the campout again? Could it happen?

If enough people start striking out online, i think its gonna happen.

Bot life

I can see some hype with a shirt that says it

My boy pays retail, does not use a bot and cops 1-6 pairs on release day without using a bot. He's a Niketalk member and posts all the time about what he cops. He got two hazelnuts and 6 royals, so explain that.

Crazy.

Enough people can never strike out online because all pairs will be sold. So no matter what someone wil end up with the shoes, and someone will end up striking out, it's not like pairs will sit.

I know people who don't even bother online because of the bots.

And maybe the reason nike held back so many pairs for the online release. Was so that they could het an idea of bot users vs average users.

They can see what amount of inventory was added to cart IMMEDIATELY vs the amount that trickled in.

I think this release was a test...

There was no "test". And there is no way of telling because people that don't use bots get pairs before people that do. I know people that used bots and didn't, and some copped with and without bots. Same thing with people with bots, some were successful and some struck out. It's not just about bots, that's what people don't understand. Internet speed is like 40% of copping successfully. If you have broke *** Internet you can have the best bot on earth and still strike out. Then again, my boy has Fios, used a bot and he failed on the denims and hazelnuts. It's random and strange and there seems to be no type of pattern.

I haven't heard of 1 single canceled order due to "use of a bot or otherwise" and If they can tell there would have been, becuse everyone still used their bots.

There is no way they can tell, and they can't just "cancel the first 1-2 seconds of orders. That's mad people and not all of them use bots.

my programmer

This is false. idk who your programmer is but when Nike starts canceling orders and everyone using scripts start getting their orders canceled, I'll believe Nike is doing something about it.

The only way Nike can handle the bot problem is to start randomly choosing people out of the "line".  So instead of this online fcfs, where bot users are always at the front of the line, Nike should let people access the page in a random order. This would give bot users and non-bot users the same chance at getting a pair. Sort of like an online raffle. Do I think this could actually be implemented? Yes, easily. Do I think Nike gives two damns? Ummm no.

Bots aren't always at the front of the line. That's a completely false assumption. Read the hazelnut thread, it was like 70% people saying they didn't use bots and copped off NDC. The other 40% said their script worked fine.

I wouldn't want an online raffle, that's ******** to me, I hate raffles. I think the person that puts in the most work and effort should get a pair. U know how bad your chances would be for an "online raffle". There is no way that system would ever work. What are they supposed to take all orders between 8:00 and 8:05 and raffle them out randomly by size? That's ****** it makes no sense.

IMG_20130708_093108.jpg

That pic was posted in the lebron thread.

Either way im not worried about what they do, I got through for my order on Saturday without a bot. Maybe less bot users were after them? Maybe more inventory?

IMG_20130708_093108.jpg

That pic was posted in the lebron thread.

Either way im not worried about what they do, I got through for my order on Saturday without a bot. Maybe less bot users were after them? Maybe more inventory?

I can't find it, I've been searching like crazy. How many days ago?

This is false. idk who your programmer is but when Nike starts canceling orders and everyone using scripts start getting their orders canceled, I'll believe Nike is doing .
not false but you can believe what you want

Until Nike comes up with a better system to add to cart, this will never end. I miss the midnight - 5am releases of the old.

Y'all don't get it, it's not nikes fault loser kids are doin what they're doing. No matter what they change the system to it'll be breached someway by the loser kids.

Does FNL still do the virtual line (haven't bought any RD product from them since last year)? If NDC implemented something like that, wouldn't that solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom