niketalk, Do you waste your money?

i try not to buy useless stuff but sometimes ill make an excuse to need something. no bueno.

ive gotten better at saving my money the biggest money waster now is going out to eat so much and i havent done such a good job at limiting that expense.

In the last two years, I've wasted about $1000 on entertainment. As of 2010, I haven't wasted any money.

Not just because it's the beginning of the year, but I'm truly making a conscious effort to stop. I was close to wasting money the other day onsomething that I knew I could do without. When I made my mind up that I wasn't going to buy it, I felt good about making that decision. A year ago, Iwouldn't have thought about it twice, and would have bought it.
It's best to find a happy medium. Do not go through life being a penny pincher, but at the same time do not be careless with your finances. Spend some and save some.
I agree with this. I'm not cutting myself off all entertainment, but there are times where I know that I don't want to buy something thatbad, so I refrain from buying it.

Yup. On shoes. I need to !%$%*+% stop or slow down ALOT!!!
grin.gif

I rather hit the club couple times a week, always have bud on me and have some new clothes than "saving up" for something like a piece of crap car,especially at my age. If you got your rent paid though all of your money dispensable.

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

I recently bought a LOT of clothes..about 4 pairs of jeans, 10-12 hoodies, and 2 pairs of pants and a couple shirts and even more recently bought about 3 pairs of sneakers..I would say I waste money but rarely that much. I used to buy a lot more sneakers but I've chilled with that. I find I buy food the most and lately the movies.
Damn 12 hoodies though. That is excessive man.
laugh.gif

I am horrible with money.
My first job-never deposited my money, went to the check cashing place and spent it in a couple of weeks.
Now I have a debit card with Citi and I put my $ from my part time in there. And I spend money like its nothing.
I'll use it at the convenience store, fast food, you name it and then be surprised tht I have 3 bucks left in my account.
I'm trying to get this $%% under control but its hard..

I do it a lot less than I used too..
Lived with Mom's while working, she never really MADE me pay rent.. I just spent that %##+ on shoes.

The reason I can't buy them as much anymore.

Back
Top Bottom