NikeTalk has received a legal threat from RipoffReport.com. Silly as it sounds, please don't use th

They do realize we COULD shut down their servers just bombarding them with emails... there IS enough people registered here....

Stupid corporate politics. Penny smart, dollar stupid.

*** Editors note: in NO WAY am I promoting shutting down "MESSAGEBOARD EDITs" servers.

this almost reminds me of that time when I got a PM telling me that I was going to get sued if I didn't edit out my post from an old thread :lol: :smh:

the guy was telling me to take down the article or he would take Niketalk to court as well :lol:

but i guess this threat is more serious

Last edited:
Yikes... Sounds almost as bad as the righthaven fiasco from the past few years.. I wish you and the site the best method man

this almost reminds me of that time when I got a PM telling me that I was going to get sued if I didn't edit out my post from an old thread
laugh.gif
mean.gif

the guy was telling me to take down the article or he would take Niketalk to court as well
laugh.gif
Yeah, there's a company called Righthaven that's especially notorious for this sort of thing:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Righthaven

We've received a couple of complaints from them over the years and it's easy to take issue with their tactics.

However, users SHOULD NOT be posting full articles etc. from other publications.  That actually is a legitimate copyright violation.  

Links are fine, but posting an entire article in a forum post is like putting a full NBA game on your youtube channel.  That's not gonna fly.  Linking to that content is the way to go there.  Newspapers etc. rely on advertising to survive just as we do.  
sucks for the kids looking for help on there reports on ripoffs.
Thankfully, we don't allow homework help here anyway. 
lol @ ST quick shot
Hey, I'm not the one who brought them up.  For the record, I don't think they're involved in "reporting" us to this website.  Copyright trolls routinely scour the web for "violations."  They aren't the first and, sadly, I doubt they'll be the last.  

They do realize we COULD shut down their servers just bombarding them with emails... there IS enough people registered here....

Stupid corporate politics. Penny smart, dollar stupid.

*** Editors note: in NO WAY am I promoting shutting down "MESSAGEBOARD EDITs" servers.
Don't even go there.  

We don't practice "vigilante justice" on NT.  We encourage everyone to be respectful of each other and of the law.  

It would be a waste of time. Avoiding them is best. They are a waste of internet space.

LULZ what?

thats like saying we cant say Nike :rofl:

tell them to shut up, SRS

motion to change our name to reportripoffs.com and we can report ripoffs on sneaker prices as to legitimize the domain

Back
Top Bottom