NIKETALK in TIME MAGAZINE

I bet Time Magazine will see an increase in magazine sales for that weeks edition and not know why!!!!!

Quote:
Haha that's good I guess. Watch we get another influx of new members from that article alone.

Quote:
yeah im sure that there are a crapload of potential shoeheads that read time magazine..

Yup so expect an influx of resellers and grown folk in lines, tryin to make an extra buck.
Think about it.
.[/b]​
Appreciate it.[/center]

Essentially, the people I see reading Time aren't really caring about sneaker culture. However they might try to get in on trying to flip a quick buck out of sneakers...little do they know about hypebeasts and how overly saturated the market already is.

Therefore, I say the article won't produce a jump in numbers.

But the more and more I see this site & sneaker culture grow, the more pride and joy I take in feeling like quite a few of us older members and original site owners played a small role in it.

I remember when Dirty was just Dirty in the chats w/the rest of us :lol:
laugh.gif

Quote:
I bet Time Magazine will see an increase in magazine sales for that weeks edition and not know why!!!!!

I'm sure the publisher is sitting there wondering "Wow! we sold 5,000,135 copies instead of only 5,000,000 copies!"
[/center]

Quote:
ISS - Own Magazine

NT - Article in a magazine

NT - 1

ISS - 10

NT does have more info..therefore resulting in

NT > ISS

You can have a 100 issues of SC and it's still not on the level of TIME magazine that's been around for decades.

The fact that a major magazine would even bother to take notice is good enough.

Exposure, info, everything you see from these half @#%$ variant sites still doesn't compare to what NT has accomplished.
[/b]​
s?ref=4kPYZAZ-Ac4BzA6eVDt7KMckhzE]Join BLINGO for your chance to win prizes every hour![/url]​
aka AIR JORDAN TWO3 OG Member since '00​

Quote:
yeah...a magazine and it's associated "sneaker contests" that have helped to further bastardize this hobby into some ridiculous business.

ain't nuffin wrong wit capitalizin' on a industry like kicks....

if that was da case wit stuff hiphop would still be stuck in da south bronx...

but I$$ isn't da first OR da best online community....niketalk been had da game on lock for years...i'm proud to be affliated for so long...
team platano

Thats awesome! I <3 NT. But, you guys do realize that ISS is technically noticed in the magazine also? The TIME staff attended the Sole Collector event, which is all ISS. Also, the main photo was at the SC Miami event. I remember meeting the photographer for Time during the Miami SC Competition. He was real nice.. he took loads of pics of my table, I wish I could of seen them.

Props to NT.. props to the sneakerworld getting noticed in a NONE hype mag. lol. I love how everyone always complains about NT or sneakers being in magazines or newspapers. Blah, I don't think people who read time are gonna run on to NT and start collecting ASAP.
<center><font face=tahoma><font size=2><center><B><font color=FFFFFF>SALAAM</B><font size=1><font color=CCCCCC> ale<font color=999999>inu<font color=666666> ve <font color=333333>al k<font color=666666>ol h<font color=999999>a ol<font color=CCCCCC>am <B><font color=FFFFFF><font size=2>SHALOM</B></center><font face=tahoma><font size=1><Font color=000000>

thats carzy

s?ref=kdF9ZmH3twHeKzvoSsTR2vwIAkk]
Don't forget to join me with blingo.Blingo is a search engine with a twist. Each search on Blingo is also a chance to win a prize.
[/url]​

Quote:
i remember when pat decided to sell his stuff off...

Me too. I was just a browser at the time.

Props to y'all though. Carra = Yaaaay. :smile:
smile.gif

But had this been a few years ago, I would be proud and ha ppy that NT got mentioned. It was more about the shoes then. No outside hype, no kids acting like it's good to be dumb, the general forum wouldn't be #1 and there wouldn't be as much negativity as there is now.
[/center]

Quote:
I remember when Dirty was just Dirty in the chats w/the rest of us
Quote:
ain't nuffin wrong wit capitalizin' on a industry like kicks....

if that was da case wit stuff hiphop would still be stuck in da south bronx...
there's a difference between spreading word....vs. sucking the industry dry like a vampire.

if you're ok with the practices of ISS and SC...then good for you.

[table]T E A M N E R D [/table]​

First Kanye, now NT in Time mag, wohoo!!
Jordans are for Sportin,
Nikes outperform Mikeys!

Big things for NT. I'm expecting about a good 1,000 new people registering within a couple months. AWESOME!
[/i]

like whoa, Im gonna pick up a copy
"It's simple for everyone else, give 'em a Big Mac and a pair of nikes and they're happy..." -

Back
Top Bottom