NIKETALK PLEASE GIVE ME FEEDBACK ON MY NEW RAP SONG - THANKS

keep it up.....

that song on your youtube page isn't bad either
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

check out my bro as well  ..........http://www.youtube.com/user/RavageEnt2009

Are you $!#!%!* kidding me? I can't tell if you're being serious.

BTW, this forum needs a subforum for NTers trying to promote their music. There is too much trash around here lately.

Originally Posted by PLVN

Still awful.

i am not trying to convince you, i am just exposing you.  your comment doesn't add or take away from the post.  you re like a ghost in here.

Originally Posted by Futuristic

Are you $!#!%!* kidding me? I can't tell if you're being serious.

BTW, this forum needs a subforum for NTers trying to promote their music. There is too much trash around here lately.

serious?  if you mean.. if i like my work?  then yes.  i do.  seriously.

Ok Feedback:

I can't really understand you. I feel like your going for a Doom / ODB sort of hybrid feel which if refined I guess could be cool. But it sounds like youre not completing your thoughts and that in turn is making it hard to pick up on your phrasing. It's like you start in one direction and rather than seeing it through you prioritize finding another word to Rhyme without it being related to anything that was said before it.

I listened to 'Drunken Master' and 'Zodiac' also to get a range of ur sound before I made comments and definitely the most prevalent issue with all of it is sound quality. Are you using a pop filter? Might wanna give the mic some room also sounds like your hella close. and or using a laptop/blackberry mic

I'm actually curious how you even perform something like this. It reminds me of the first time I heard dubstep.

I wouldn't post a link to a 35 sec. song, nobodies gonna take you seriously. I have intros on records longer than 35 seconds. You wanna put ur best foot forward and thy wasn't it. There could be room in "the game" for ur story and ur perspective but if No one can understand and it's abrasive on the ears it doesn't matter if ur Christ on the mic. If you clean up the sound you might have something. It's not my cup of tea but I don't really like odd future or Mac miller either and theyre on, so.. Yea I hope that helps

Originally Posted by threat6

Ok Feedback:

I can't really understand you. I feel like your going for a Doom / ODB sort of hybrid feel which if refined I guess could be cool. But it sounds like youre not completing your thoughts and that in turn is making it hard to pick up on your phrasing. It's like you start in one direction and rather than seeing it through you prioritize finding another word to Rhyme without it being related to anything that was said before it.

I listened to 'Drunken Master' and 'Zodiac' also to get a range of ur sound before I made comments and definitely the most prevalent issue with all of it is sound quality. Are you using a pop filter? Might wanna give the mic some room also sounds like your hella close. and or using a laptop/blackberry mic

I'm actually curious how you even perform something like this. It reminds me of the first time I heard dubstep.

I wouldn't post a link to a 35 sec. song, nobodies gonna take you seriously. I have intros on records longer than 35 seconds. You wanna put ur best foot forward and thy wasn't it. There could be room in "the game" for ur story and ur perspective but if No one can understand and it's abrasive on the ears it doesn't matter if ur Christ on the mic. If you clean up the sound you might have something. It's not my cup of tea but I don't really like odd future or Mac miller either and theyre on, so.. Yea I hope that helps
Thanks for taking the time to drop some words.

I am def. influenced by Doom, Nas, Raekwon, Kool G Rap, Big Pun, RZA etc.  The rhymes are abstract... thought jumping from thought from thought, etc.  If you can give me an   example of a thought/lyric and i ll do my best to explain it.

I am using a pop filter with a usb mic(got a macbook) and free online software.  i don't edit/mix anything.  I do all my tracks in one take.  i post them up to show other artists and to listen too for practice, etc.  I def. plan to record all my projects with proper equipment when the time comes.  what do you think of this recording, got it done with "decent" equipment: http://soundcloud.com/see.../gimmie-beer-produced-by

I ve done a few tracks at open mics.. just get the beat on the speaker and i get in the zone.  done a few where a live band improvises the back drop as i start spitting.  Did that answer your question? WAAAWAAAWAAA hahaha DUBSTEP... really!?!?

I like the short song format a la "Madvillain".  And it's what i like from the producers i am finding on soundcloud.  I also don t wanna waste peoples times.. people got !@*% to do.. haha.. i get what you re saying though.  I have 2-3 minute tracks as well.. i def. wanna attempt super long tracks like 10-15 minutes, i like extremes. 

once again.. thanks for the feedback, peace.

maybe is the recording quality but i wasn't feeln it. I couldn't get into it due to the basement grittiness, Clean it up somehow. Potentials there..

Back
Top Bottom