Niketalk what is the difference between Polo and U.S. Polo Association

polo needs to lower their prices. They overcharge so much for their ok quality. I was thinking of buying one of those quilted vests / jackets, them things were paper thin. Had no kind of weight to it for a fall / winter item.

Same time, if you are paying anywhere near MSRP, even half of, you don't know how to shop. I never got into thick *** bubble down vests. Seems like a mixed message to me. Is I'm hot so I got no sleeves or is I'm cold and got on part of a bubble coat?

I wouldn't even buy those specific items at half price. That style of jacket / vest shouldn't even be that thin.

So those thin jackets are actually warm? I would've never guessed.

Yup I mean If you plan to use it as a coat for winter you're gonna freeze but for 40-60 degrees it's perfect. Throw on a crew neck or hoody under and you probably can wear as a coat.

Last edited:
Definitely middle class. Hard for me to consider it a luxury brand or for the rich. Polo RL is consistently on sale/clearance, so that $100 shirt will be on sale soon...

If LV and Gucci is high class than Polo is definitely middle-class as in any adult with a decent job can afford it.

There are different polo brands so you mean a middle class person could afford blue and purple label or even some of the rrl stuff none tax season and still have to spend??

There are different polo brands so you mean a middle class person could afford blue and purple label or even some of the rrl stuff none tax season and still have to spend??
No, I meant the entry-level line. The other lines are for people who want to spend more and those are to compete with the higher end brands.

Last edited:
Don't agree, that's like saying Zara and Banana Republic is high end, it's not. Premium quality but, not comparable to Hermes, Saks, LV, and Gucci.

Yeah it is fam purple label and blue label are as I said before. That's high end. Smh at putting Ralph in the same category as Zara and banana republic. Way better quality.

Last edited:
There's also people who won't buy chaps or polo jeans co. Because it's sold at stores less Tha macys...

Learned the hard way when I post a pic at the RL thread... I learnt my lesson

Yeah it is fam purple label and blue label are as I said before. That's high end. Smh at putting Ralph in the same category as Zara and banana republic. Way better quality.
Ok, you're right to a certain extent, RL competes with the higher end brands as well as Tommy, DKNY, Calvin Klein. But, like those last three, they put a lot lines out for the middle-class.

Ok, you're right to a certain extent, RL competes with the higher end brands as well as Tommy, DKNY, Calvin Klein. But, like those last three, they put a lot lines out for the middle-class.

Ralph exceeds those lines by miles and it's not even close. Ralph Lauren is a luxury brand fam that's why the fashion world considers him the Greatest American designer b

Ralph exceeds those lines by miles and it's not even close. Ralph Lauren is a luxury brand fam that's why the fashion world considers him the Greatest American designer b
Their top of the line is not what I'm referring to, I'm talking about what's avaiable to the general can vary from middle and they don't live off of rich folks like LV and Gucci.

I don't think you guys are having a good picture of a middle-class individual which is the cornerstone of this debate.

Last edited:
Their top of the line is not what I'm referring to, I'm talking about what's avaiable to the general can vary from middle and they don't live off of rich folks like LV and Gucci.

Even their "middle class line" is better in style and quality than any of those brands you just mentioned and more expensive. Go look at the polo thread dudes ain't posting no basic polo and tees picture.

Back
Top Bottom