Niketalk, What's The Best Used Car Under 5k?

Most lists I see on this topic seem to consensus the same brands (Honda/Acura, Nissan/Infiniti, Toyota/Lexus) and model wise the Accord, Civic, Camry, TL, Maxima, G35/G37, ES Series. I'm obviously going to be looking at 150k+ miles, 15+ years old. What about American? I've seen some Impalas and Dodge Avengers around 2012 or so and 160k for around 3500, Ford Fusions too. Just looking for a beater to keep my SUV on ice a bit

The only American cars that are reliable and worth having are going to be the v8 muscle cars and trucks but you will be finding the worst examples for that budget.

Just do your self a favor and get the cleanest lowest mileage Honda/Toyota in the configuration (2/4 door or suv ) that you can find. Your probably looking at late 90s early 2000s civics, corollas, camrys, accord ect ect

The only American cars that are reliable and worth having are going to be the v8 muscle cars and trucks but you will be finding the worst examples for that budget.

Just do your self a favor and get the cleanest lowest mileage Honda/Toyota in the configuration (2/4 door or suv ) that you can find. Your probably looking at late 90s early 2000s civics, corollas, camrys, accord ect ect
07 g35x with 225k miles for 2500? Thats more miles than I want ideally but sheyiit

Copart is great place to find low mileage Salvage title cars, just gotta know what to look for. Might have to fix some loose hanging bumper or know a body shop person who can do the job for a good price. You do have to pay a membership fee

Last edited:
You have more car threads that I have threads my guy, not hating just an observation :lol:

Honda accord would be my option, if you looking for a beater only and no women will be seeing it

Go to a police impound car auction. You can get something decent for the money you mentioned. Might even find a steal ☝️🤓
**** threatened to impound my joint this weekend.

I also looked at a 2014 Impala ltz sports, murdered out eith sunroof and black rims for 2995. drove great, everything was gucci I said let ne do a light inspection and I realized it didnt have no seatbelts except for the drivers

https://listings-prod.tcimg.net/listings/52619/48/92/2G1WB5EN1A1179248/MTEB5PTAEYU4VRWB6I65T6HVEE-og-860.jpg

**** threatened to impound my joint this weekend.

I also looked at a 2014 Impala ltz sports, murdered out eith sunroof and black rims for 2995. drove great, everything was gucci I said let ne do a light inspection and I realized it didnt have no seatbelts except for the drivers

Damn, I can understand why you’d have second thoughts. Still though, it’s a higher chance of getting a better car.

Sounds like the seller drove one of Super Dave’s stunt cars, lol. How does it not have the other seatbelts? 😂

These ****s have so many miles in this range. Sheesh 240k is like average, that's 10x around the world! I guess it's a good thing that they have the life span/capacity to do so

What about old Cadillacs? BM #2 and my mom both have old *** Escallades that held up very well

For you i'd up it a bit for something more reliable. Car market is *** right now.
the economy is too so I figured Id have a chance to catch someone just needing 3 months rent money. It's going to just be a beater, doesn't make sense for me to be driving this guzzler by myself on days where sometimes I am doing 100 miles a day outchea getting like 22mpg.
Have you looked at Kias?
actually have some decent closure coming on that end of the year. They finally had a class action settlement, I think 3.4 Billi, for the engine of the Kia Optima Hybrid EX model I had and I got in and had all my paperwork showing how much I loss off it and the ensuing upside down trade in. Don't know how much I'm going to get back but anything is better than nothing

You might save money driving what you have for now and wait until the car market cools down. I know gas is expensive but cars at that price point in this market were probably $1K or under in a better market.

Back
Top Bottom