Niketalk, With Perpetual Inflation And High C.O.L Already, How Can NYC Pizzarias Continue to Offer 99c Pizza?

Why are you looking a gift horse in the mouth? Ask no questions, hear no lies..
I've never had it. Last time I was in the city was 2009 summer and I don't remember really eating anything local. I don't remember eating at all. I mean I'm sure I did obviously, I think a few Halal carts and I ate at the hotel and the Cameroonian lady bought me a rotiserrie chicken in exchange for making me sleep in the living room on the top bunk. Somebody mail me a slice

You can’t even get totinos for .99 anymore, if they still getting it a dollar a slice, let em live. :lol:

They use as little ingredients as they can. They still hit tho and that gives them the volume which I assume is what makes it successful.

Maybe when I was a kid they were okay but for the longest I've associated 99 cent pizza with inferiority.

I do miss when they were 1.25 but just like metro card fare it all goes up.

Not sure how the pandy treated this guy's business but he's a real one. I'm guessing if you own the building you can pass on the savings to your customers.

Pizza is actually really cheap to make. Especially just plain cheese
A whole pizza can cost like $3

Im no where near NY but I was downtown last night and a homeless person asked me to buy them a slice of pizza. $8 plus tax :smh:
Everywhere in OKC that has what they call a New York style slice is like $5 per or 24$ is whole pie 1 topping, get the quirky, cute topping mixes and you're easily over 30 for 8 slices of pie after taxes. And we got a place that tombout Detroit style pizza. I didn't know what that even is/was unless it's a pizza made in an abandoned home. **** was trash though and 9$

Pizza is actually really cheap to make. Especially just plain cheese
A whole pizza can cost like $3
On Long Island, spots charging $3 for a plain slice now. One of the local places a few years back had a great deal, 2 large cheese pies and a 2 liter soda for $20. Impossible to find a bargain like that now.

I was in NYC a couple months ago for the first time in almost 10 years, and I found they same $1/slice spot I went to last time, its around 41st and 6th I think, across from a McDs on the adjacent block.

It was still hittin' too :smokin

Everywhere in OKC that has what they call a New York style slice is like $5 per or 24$ is whole pie 1 topping, get the quirky, cute topping mixes and you're easily over 30 for 8 slices of pie after taxes. And we got a place that tombout Detroit style pizza. I didn't know what that even is/was unless it's a pizza made in an abandoned home. **** was trash though and 9$
I'm not from Detroit but I believe it's square pizza with a thick crust covered in cheese all the way to the edges.

I feel like when that little ceasars hot n ready $5 **** dropped it ruined the whole pizza game. Now its all cheap trash or super expensive gourmet.

I'm not from Detroit but I believe it's square pizza with a thick crust covered in cheese all the way to the edges.
actual pics from Rendezvous Pizza in Bricktown, OKC. They call this one the 8 mile slice. $8 on the small of the day and IIRC I only got 1 square, maybe it was 2 but either way these tiny ****s look like they just took those garlic breads you cook in the oven and topped it with pizza topping. Their NY pizza is fire and their wings and their apps and I love what they did with the place, but their prices are OD

o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom