Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They had Mortal Kombat though.
Mk wasnt as popular plus psx had it too plus the fighting and rpg games ppl actually cared about. N64 got crushed.

64 had killer instinct gold and mk gold. That was about it. Neither could touch what was coming out on psx and I was a huge fan of killer instinct 1 and 2.

The PS1 was one of the few systems I have never owned.

I did have a Dreamcast though. System had potential but PS2 stole any momentum that they had.

DC > ps2 but everyone bootlegged the games and that was its downfall. Sega never recovered after the Saturn which was too expensive followed by the DC and the bootlegging.

DC had a bunch of arcade perfect games like mvc2, mvc, cvs2, cvs, cvs pro, project justice, 3s, power stone 1 and 2, etc.
Plus games that shifted gaming like jet set radio and shen mue...

I still wish Sega would give it another run just to see.

I could see a new console on the market where the online service is called Sega channel. Would be dope.

PS1 vs N64 was close so whatever way you go I'm cool with

Both were better than the Dreamcast easy

Saturn better than the N64?! :smh:

As a kid the Saturn was an easy pass

Last edited:
Seems like only thing Sega did better than PlayStation, Nintendo was arcade ports. When it’s all said and done, games make or break a system imo. PS and Nintendo had better games than every Sega console.

Both were better than the Dreamcast easy
87618CDB-2074-4D69-AABE-F39D88AD5F1B.png

Ya’ll got them nostalgic lenses on when it comes to Sega :lol:
The lineup speaks for itself. I think ppl just dont know or understand because you would have had to import at the time.

If a person was a hardcore fighting gamer Sega held us down for two cycles, really. Even psx doesnt compare in that department. Or ps2. Etc.

64 and onwards:
Nintendo for the AAA titles
Sony for the RPGs
Sega for the fighting games

Cant just gloss over the fact that no other system had that lineup or could handle those games. Psx made a player choose the same exact team as someone else in order to switch between characters in mvsf and mvc and sony didnt have mvc2 until well after the DC port and their port wasnt even arcade perfect from my memory.

Anyway....

I’ve completed 5/8 dungeons in Links Awakening and the color dungeon.

Might have to do a second playthrough when I’m done.

DC > ps2 but everyone bootlegged the games and that was its downfall. Sega never recovered after the Saturn which was too expensive followed by the DC and the bootlegging.

DC had a bunch of arcade perfect games like mvc2, mvc, cvs2, cvs, cvs pro, project justice, 3s, power stone 1 and 2, etc.
Plus games that shifted gaming like jet set radio and shen mue...

I still wish Sega would give it another run just to see.

I could see a new console on the market where the online service is called Sega channel. Would be dope.

Open world with Shenmue and Cell Shading with Jet Set Radio. Two iconic and revolutionary titles that people downright m disrespect if they’ve never owned a DC.

Power Stone to this day in unmatched

A couple months back, the director stated he would love to make a 3rd game and it’d be perfect for the Switch. I hope to see the day come during it’s life span.

Needs to toss in Rival Schools 3 while we’re at it.

Who got the lite? Thoughts on it?

It’s cool for me so far. Feels comfortable in hand, sturdy, screen is nice af. Battery life is ok slightly better than the first. I played a full walking dead episode I had exactly 20% left.

For 199.99 it’s def a good buy if you just wanna play switch games. Not really missing
The missing features...yet. Would be cool to be able to dock it tho. They could of sold a dock separate n made more money. I’d also like at least an hour more of battery life. But other than that I see this being the top holiday seller easily. For $300 you can get 2 top tier Nintendo games and the switch lite.

Dreamcast titles that **** on everything back in the day

Sonic Adventure 1+2
Shenmue 1+2
Soul Caliber
Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone 1+2
Phantasy Star Online
Skies of Arcadia
Samba De Amigo
NBA 2K series
NFL 2K series

Stop the slander

Dreamcast titles that **** on everything back in the day

Sonic Adventure 1+2
Shenmue 1+2
Soul Caliber
Crazy Taxi
Jet Set Radio
Power Stone 1+2
Phantasy Star Online
Skies of Arcadia
Samba De Amigo
NBA 2K series
NFL 2K series

Stop the slander
**** on everything? Maybe some of these titles would have made their way to DC had they been able to stay afloat but we're not about to act like their games were hands down better than what PS2 put out :lol:

Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
WWF Smackdown 2: Know Your Role, 4: Shut Your Mouth, 5: Here Comes the Pain
Need for Speed Underground + Underground 2
Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, San Andreas
Metal Gear Solid 2, 3
Shadow of the Colossus
SSX Tricky
Jak and Daxter
Ratchet & Clank
NBA Street + Vol. 2
Def Jam Vendetta + Fight for NY

Anyway....

I’ve completed 5/8 dungeons in Links Awakening and the color dungeon.

Might have to do a second playthrough when I’m done.

I’m about to start dungeon 4. Think I’m gonna do a Link to the Past run through after Links Awakening.

Back
Top Bottom