Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sonic Lost World - Play Together Co-Op Trailer

Metroid stage for the new Smash Bros

These games look beautiful. Smash Bros is soooo far away... :smh:

Some big Pokemon news coming out of The Pokemon Game Show even that was held in Japan.
One of the big reveals was a new Anime special based on the original Gameboy characters Red & Green (Blue here in America). This is the trailer and damn it looks sick.

Another big news/teaser is the last couple of seconds in this clip, there's been alot of speculation on whether it's a Wii U game or just some promotional video.
I'm gonna assume it's a new Stadium style Pokemon game for Wii U.

All over my face.
Haven't watched a Pokemon anime since early 2000. Got fed up of Ash losing and giving away his good pokemon all the time.

I always used to think Red was Ash but Red just seemed better so definitely will watch this. Can't beat the original games and original 150.

I agree that a console version of Pokemon would be dope, but I think Nintendo keeps the main series on portables because it is their most valuable brand. From a business perspective I think Nintendo wants to maintain brand equity for their handhelds... meaning if you want to play the main Pokemon games you need to get a Nintendo handheld.

With that said I do think it would be a great idea if Nintendo released the old Red, Blue, and Yellow games on the Wii U with updated HD graphics. I think that would be a happy compromise to please home console consumers while maintaining the Pokemon brand as a handheld franchise.

Nintendo will more than likely release a new installment to the Pokemon Stadium series with online capabilities... which is also a dope idea :smokin

What they need to do with stadium or Colosseum is just make the battle system better. I remember playing it on N64 and just being disappointed because it was nothing like the anime. It was just one pokemon flinches and then they cut to the next pokemon taking the hit but you don't see anything actually happening. If they make a similar battle setup to Dissidia, I think it would be much better. They won't even need to focus much on the RPG elements, just the battle system.

Speaking about Pokemon, this happened recently in relation to that mystery clip that was shown in the retrospect video I posted earlier.

A new Pokémon title was teased during Pokémon Game Show with a brief image of Lucario and Blaziken about to face off. The title was not formally announced, but Siliconera believes it may be called Pokkén Fighters or Pokkén Tournament.

Siliconera uncovered trademarks for Pokkén Fighters and Pokkén Tournament filed by The Pokémon Company in the US. Two bipedal Pokémon about to fight? Sounds kind of like a Pokémon fighting game to me and it and there are enough fighting type Pokémon for this game to exist. And that flag in the top right hand corner looks like the logo for fighting Pokémon from the Pokémon Trading Card game. Hmmm…

Nintendo has come out and said that the clip was just conceptual but I think it will be a fighting game.
This might be Nintendo's answer to Capcom not releasing SFIV on Wii U :lol:

Speaking about Pokemon, this happened recently in relation to that mystery clip that was shown in the retrospect video I posted earlier.
Nintendo has come out and said that the clip was just conceptual but I think it will be a fighting game.

And watch that game become the next big thing and sell millions of units... 8)

Capcom is just ruining their own franchises. Whenever they get a hit they run it into the ground.

Capcom is just ruining their own franchises. Whenever they get a hit they run it into the ground.
That's why I love Nintendo
They can take an ip and keep innovating
And building upon it
Nintendo makes fun games period. Me and my kids and girl have Mario kart tournaments every week and we all play new super Mario bros together constantly
I can't wait till Mario land 3d comes out that is when I will buy a Wii u

A Pkm fighting game would be dope.

So many variables, water, land, air, power-ups, specials, evo, status effects.

That new Sonic looks great, Sega's Mario Galaxy.

Hopefully they get the battle system right.

Capcom ain't been great but they are in no way running SF into the ground. It's done great and they constantly support it.

Capcom ain't been great but they are in no way running SF into the ground. It's done great and they constantly support it.

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV:Arcade Edition
Ultimate Street Fighter IV

4 versions of virtually the same game.... If that's not running a game into the ground I don't know what is. If you don't agree, we'll just agree to disagree.

It's the law of diminishing returns. When Ultra Street Fighter IV releases I doubt it will have a big impact. People have and will get tired of buying the same thing, which is partly why 2D fighters fell off in the first place.

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Offers a Definitive Experience

• Triforce quest – the five Triforce pieces can now be grabbed directly
  • Only the remaining three require translated charts instead of eight
  • Hero Mode available from the start
  • Picto Box has been upgraded
  • Upgraded camera could still be used to snap photos of unsuspecting villagers or enemies
  • Pictures can go up on Miiverse
  • Link can also take funny self-photographs
  • Switch between happy, sad, and surprised emotions
  • Get the Swift Sail at the auction house after completion of the first dungeon
  • No alert via an in-game prompt to signal the special sails availability
  • No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
  • Enhanced first-person camera
  • Can now have full movement in that perspective
  • Can travel through hallways and shoot arrows like you’re in a FPS

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08...-wind-waker-hd-offers-a-definitive-experience

• No longer possible to accidentally skip Tingle’s island, as the developers have inserted an introduction to the quirky character into the main quest
Not excited about this.

:rofl: @ the selfies, not gonna lie, I'll probably post my fair share of them on Miiverse.

Some Mario Kart 8 footage from Gamescom, I really cannot wait to play this game, it looks gorgeous.
If the online is anything like MK7 then I will be happy.

Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV:Arcade Edition
Ultimate Street Fighter IV

4 versions of virtually the same game.... If that's not running a game into the ground I don't know what is. If you don't agree, we'll just agree to disagree.

It's the law of diminishing returns. When Ultra Street Fighter IV releases I doubt it will have a big impact. People have and will get tired of buying the same thing, which is partly why 2D fighters fell off in the first place.

Super added 10 characters, new modes, new ultra's and tweaks
Arcade edition added 4 characters and tweaks
Ultra is adding 5 characters, new stages and tweaks and they've got Combofiend on board to help with development.

The only one you couldn't purchase as DLC was super. The other 2 came as either DLC or disk based.
DLC for users who don't want to buy a new disk everytime and disk for tournament organisers who won't have to download the dlc on every console they have. All they would need is just the disk copy.

All they've done for the game is support it and it's why it's still the most popular game at EVO and in the FGC

Agree the gameboy versions are always good but a console one where you could battle people all over the world would be awesome :smokin
Na Nintendo is still banking off the handheld system. I know just in Tokyo most people us their portable devices more than regular console. Also Nintendo could have made pokemon a mmo atmosphere but they keep limiting us to make dollars. 3dsxl could have been soooo much better along with pokemon x and y.

Looks like the Wii U Windwaker Bundle is indeed a real thing based off of this video that was posted but taken down by Nintendo.
I never got to play Windwaker on the GC but I'll probably end up playing it on hero mode right off the bat.

Last edited:
I just listened to the IGN podcast and I just got reminded why I don't go to that website anymore. Those four "journalist" were supposed to be knowledgeable Nintendo experts, but they spent the majority of the time contradicting themselves while presenting misinformation about how Nintendo will ultimately fail with the Wii U.

One of their reasons for the Wii U's "failures" is Nintendo's "bragging" about releasing one game a month going into 2014. They present the info as if there will be no other 3rd party games or games from indie developers coming to the platform. Then they act like that's not enough games for the "hardcore" gamer... just :smh:

They go back and forth about tablets and how Nintendo made a mistake by packaging the Wii U with a tablet controller. They make it seem as if the tablet controller is forced upon gamers then talk about how the Wii-mote was so great in Pikmen 3. Which is it???!!! Is the gamepad forced or do Wii U games have too many controller options?

Than they go on to say that the gamepad is taking away value from the Wii U and that the PS4 is a better value because Sony didn't burden consumers with the eye toy. Shouldn't experts know that the base model Wii is $100 less than the PS4. Shouldn't they know that the deluxe Wii U comes with a $60 game, free stands, and is backwards compatible?

How is it possible that the PS4 is a better value when its not backwards compatible, has no compelling software, and offers no unique gaming experiences. And here's the kicker... they said Sony got it right by allowing gamers to play PS4 games on the Vita! Are you frigging kidding me? They think its a great idea for people to spend $200 on a failing console just to do what the Wii U does for FREE!!!!

Oh I get it... PS4 is supposed to have better value because it has better graphics :rolleyes

Listening to them flip flop about how Nintendo is some stale/rigid Japanese company who overly relies on nostalgia to sale games had me like :x. I thought to myself... they must be trolling, but a few moments later they talk about how Nintendo takes new concepts and incorporate them into their already existing franchises. Wait what??

According to this podcast Nintendo is this rigid Japanese company who tends to go left field and take gambles???? Really IGN... Really. Just sad |I

No wonder the gave a game like the Wonderful 101 a 7.4. :lol:

Sorry for the rant

Last edited:
Finally got Pikmin 3. Game is hard trying to balance 3 people at the same time. I wish they dodge or auto attack instead of sitting around when not selected.

Not excited about this.
Was about to pull the same quotes and say the same thing. Time to go grab a gamecube version off ebay
mean.gif

I still havent beat SS on Hero Mode I dont even think I started it. Gotta do that at some point

Last edited:
are the deluxes still 350? bout to pick up that windwaker bundle
Yeah the president said no Price drops. He belives the thing just needs games.

Also because if they lower the price the system will then be sold at a significant lost which is something Nintendo WILL NOT DO ever.

are the deluxes still 350? bout to pick up that windwaker bundle
Yeah the president said no Price drops. He belives the thing just needs games.

Also because if they lower the price the system will then be sold at a significant lost which is something Nintendo WILL NOT DO ever.

Its whatever im buying regardless just im not in a rush, only reason i buying is for certain games

Hopefully they do make a console rpg pokemon game, i will cease to know sunlight

I really want to buy a 3DS XL since it's on sale for $175, but I'd hate the feels I would get once Black Friday hits and I can scoop the joint up for $150 (perhaps with a free game or something)

Its whatever im buying regardless just im not in a rush, only reason i buying is for certain games

Hopefully they do make a console rpg pokemon game, i will cease to know sunlight

Everyone wants a console RPG pokemon. A MMO type thing would hurt me.

Its the same for me. I have a gaming PC so only certain games get played on the Wii U and with the games coming ALOT OF GAMES are gonna be played on the Wii U

Back
Top Bottom