• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody knows yet what online services Nintendo will provide but I would expect them to continue to offer downloadable games like the 3DS and WiiU can.

And do you hate the PS4 and Xbone because they still use bluray discs?

Anyway Flash memory cards are insanely cheap so there is no real drawback to them (other than being easy to lose due to their small size). Cheap price, fast access speeds, and hopefully no installation required like some current games on other platforms.

Seriously it's not a big deal :lol:

Yes.
Optical media :x
Tha space they used for tha cartridge could have been used to fit a slightly bigger battery.

Yes.
Optical media :x
Tha space they used for tha cartridge could have been used to fit a slightly bigger battery.

Optical media is a thing of the past. A download only console gonna need a huge hard drive which will make the system bulkier and more expensive. Carts are the next best thing especially if you're trying to bring down costs for the device.

Optical media is a thing of the past. A download only console gonna need a huge hard drive which will make the system bulkier and more expensive. Carts are the next best thing especially if you're trying to bring down costs for the device.

2017 my papi.
emmc flash storage drives and microSD cards.
A hard drive :x

Last edited:
2017 my papi.
SSD's and microSD cards.
A hard drive :x

Remember what works best for you doesn't mean it's the best for Nintendo. They want a consumer friendly device and have to make sacrifices.

It's been heavily rumored and all but confirmed the Switch will use microSD cards, but SSDs are still expensive. And I'm sure Nintendo's distributors are totally against a download only console as well. It creates a trend in the industry putting GameStop out of business and huge online retailers like Amazon wouldn't even carry the Switch if Nintendo didn't sell carts. By not selling physical media, it limits the amount of money they can make off the system. You gotta keep your distributors happy. Not to mention the countless number of people who don't have the bandwidth to download these games in a timely fashion will be a problem.

Again, cartridges are the best of both worlds in this case.

Using cartridges again would be interesting. Would be good if they were slim cartridges though.

Remember what works best for you doesn't mean it's the best for Nintendo. They want a consumer friendly device and have to make sacrifices.

It's been heavily rumored and all but confirmed the Switch will use microSD cards, but SSDs are still expensive. And I'm sure Nintendo's distributors are totally against a download only console as well. It creates a trend in the industry putting GameStop out of business and huge online retailers like Amazon wouldn't even carry the Switch if Nintendo didn't sell carts. By not selling physical media, it limits the amount of money they can make off the system. You gotta keep your distributors happy. Not to mention the countless number of people who don't have the bandwidth to download these games in a timely fashion will be a problem.

Emmc ssds aren't expensive (peep tha numerous amounts of cheap windows tablets with them). What's more consumer friendly than having all your games already on your device versus having to drag around a bunch of bulky cartridges. Bandwidth is the only real issue and with wifi hotspots all over the place folks could use those or hit up their friends network.

2017 and cartridges still doesn't sound right :x

I'm here at the Nintendo world showing, I forgot how massive this screen was lol

Emmc ssds aren't expensive (peep tha numerous amounts of cheap windows tablets with them). What's more consumer friendly than having all your games already on your device versus having to drag around a bunch of bulky cartridges. Bandwidth is the only real issue and with wifi hotspots all over the place folks could use those or hit up their friends network.

2017 and cartridges still doesn't sound right :x
It really is bandwidth. As much as we like to think "oh its 2017 doesn't everyone have high speed internet" the fact is there is still a large population that doesn't. then you couple that with people not trusting the the cloud. sure, most of us are early adopters, but it's tough to cater to early adopters and sustain a product in the market.

The manager at nintendo nyc said that they'll have enough preorders, they said limited because it's not endless. He said that if you show up early in the morning tomorrow, chances are that you'll get a pre-order in

Back
Top Bottom