Favourite Mario Kart

got my son a 2ds for xmas 

he says its broken already something about the battery

his brother thinks he charged it to much im like..:smh: hmmm

so is this a common issue for my 2ds users/owners 
My kids 2d's are still going good
Hit up Nintendo customer service

ANYBODY ELSE TRY MARIO KART 8 YESTERDAY AT GAMESTOP??? :nerd:

Thinking about creating a YouTube account so I can record our Mario kart and smash bro tournaments
Any good ideas on the name I should use for the account :nerd:

Last edited:
Damn I really hope that virtual console lineup is true. Never got play Sunshine and MK DD is still the best IMO.

I feel like its fake for some reason. I didn't get a chance to play sunshine I would love to. Melee seems OD they releasing the new smash

I hated the first galaxy. Hated it. I truly think its just because of the controls though. I'd be interested in a HD version in the wii u

I feel like its fake for some reason. I didn't get a chance to play sunshine I would love to. Melee seems OD they releasing the new smash

I hated the first galaxy. Hated it. I truly think its just because of the controls though. I'd be interested in a HD version in the wii u
That's weird. Galaxy 1 + 2 has the 2nd best 3D controls out of every game I played. The first would be SM64. The game is a masterpiece but different opinions though. 
pimp.gif

If they released Melee on Virtual console I would probably never play Smash Bros U :lol: The ONLY reason I don't still play Melee is because I don't have any more Gamecube controllers that work.

If they released Melee on Virtual console I would probably never play Smash Bros U :lol: The ONLY reason I don't still play Melee is because I don't have any more Gamecube controllers that work.

You can find them on Amazon if you're interested in getting them again. I got an all white one with a ten foot cord :lol:

Mario Kart 8 Proves Nintendo Is The Game Maker For Grown-Ups

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordans...ves-nintendo-is-the-game-maker-for-grown-ups/

I think Mario Kart 8 is just about the most mature game I’ve played this year. I know readers won’t like this article. They’ll disagree. For some reason it seems to have become cool to hate Nintendo. I’m alone in my adoration and it is mostly because I write from a father’s perspective. I’m sure my premise will seem absurd to most readers. How could I call the game maker that makes ‘kiddie’ games mature? I’ll explain.

A blister has almost formed on my thumb from pressing down the accelerator button. My kids and I have been giggling and playing together nonstop. Mario Kart 8 is intergenerational bliss. Parents and kids should all play this game together.

Ordinarily, I’d cite some research. I’ve written many posts (like this one) explaining the benefits that come from parents and kids playing video games together. But I’m not writing that this time. This is not about research.

I also don’t want this to be a review of the game; reviewer is really not within my skill set. Besides, Erik Kain has already written the only review you need to read about this highly anticipated game. His review, and the others around the internet, are overwhelmingly positive. Despite the fact that the current trend in game journalism seems to be negative on Nintendo, few writers can deny that this eighth iteration of the classic go-kart racer has beautiful artwork and top-notch controls. Even the negative reviews seem to be complaining about what’s been removed since the last version. Paradoxically, they’re reviewing what’s not there. It is almost as if we all realize just how good Nintendo is at making video games. So much so that we take the achievements for granted.

The biggest achievement here is that Mario Kart 8 is just as much fun for me to play as it is for my six year old, my eight year old, and everyone else who has visited my house since we downloaded our review copy (including my adolescent teenaged nephew). Consider that for a moment. This game is challenging enough for me that I want to play, but still simple enough for my six year old that he remains stimulated.

We snuggle up next to each other on the couch, controllers in hand, playing together. We discuss our favorite race tracks, the best vehicle modifications, and how this version compares to Mario Kart 7. There’s something really special about the experience. I feel like a father when I play.

As a parent, I’m always trying to introduce my kids to things that I enjoyed in my youth. I play them music. I show them movies. I take them to the parks I loved. I introduce them to the comfort foods that come accompanied with fond memories. Most of the time it doesn’t work. Times change. Things age. What appeals to one generation is hardly of interest to the next. But Mario is different.

Mario is like Star Wars. From the moment I showed the first movie to my kids, they were hooked and I was flooded with memories. Few movies span generations like this. It is like LEGO. There’s a timelessness in the fun-factor of the brick. Most toys wane with age. Mario, Luigi, and the gang succeed. And with Mario Kart 8, Nintendo masterfully builds a game that blends grown up nostalgia refreshed in a way that keeps it from feeling dated.

They’ve managed to do this again and again in recent years. New Super Mario Brothers. Super Mario 3D World. Yoshi’s New Island. Kirby Triple Deluxe. Each new title, one after the next, stands out in the family category in ways nobody else seems capable of matching. This is a mark of maturity.

Sure, these aren’t the games we put the “M” rating on. But we live in a society that believes an adolescent attitude of violence, destruction, and combat is “mature.” After all, the U.S. is founded on revolution. And we remain like perpetual teenagers, celebrating rebelliousness and the most simplistic iterations of the Oedipal struggle. Our most lauded individuals are the “innovators” and “disruptors.” Cue the classic Apple Computer commercial in your head; the dreamers, the misfits, the crazy ones, etc.

That’s teenaged stuff, a narrative of perpetual obsolescence—-too much plastic packaging and not enough recycling–that’s wasteful and unsustainable. The rebels of today become the fathers of tomorrow, waiting to be disrupted by the next generation. It is counterproductive. As a father, I don’t value new, shiny, provocative, and edgy in the same way I value sustainability, stability, mindfulness, and education. I’m looking for fun. I’m looking for thoughtful. I’m looking for opportunities to bond with my kids. I’m looking for something that transcends generational idiosyncrasies. Making games that can accomplish this impresses me.

This is the maturity that makes me think Nintendo is leading the pack in a game industry that’s just now crossing over into adulthood. Just as many of the game producers and executives of the past generation have grown up to start working on social impact and educational games (have you seen the trailer for Never Alone that Alan Gershenfeld, former Activision executive is involved in?), I think Nintendo continues to demonstrate unmatched maturity in their focused attention on family games–not games for kids, but games that the whole family can enjoy together.

I encourage every parent to play Mario Kart 8 with their kids. At the very least, I think you’re guaranteed a couple of nights where you’re all staring at one screen together instead of individual private screens alone.

Afterward, take a walk, nature is the most mature game maker of all.

Mario Kart 8 Proves Nintendo Is The Game Maker For Grown-Ups

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jordans...ves-nintendo-is-the-game-maker-for-grown-ups/

I think Mario Kart 8 is just about the most mature game I’ve played this year. I know readers won’t like this article. They’ll disagree. For some reason it seems to have become cool to hate Nintendo. I’m alone in my adoration and it is mostly because I write from a father’s perspective. I’m sure my premise will seem absurd to most readers. How could I call the game maker that makes ‘kiddie’ games mature? I’ll explain.

A blister has almost formed on my thumb from pressing down the accelerator button. My kids and I have been giggling and playing together nonstop. Mario Kart 8 is intergenerational bliss. Parents and kids should all play this game together.

Ordinarily, I’d cite some research. I’ve written many posts (like this one) explaining the benefits that come from parents and kids playing video games together. But I’m not writing that this time. This is not about research.

I also don’t want this to be a review of the game; reviewer is really not within my skill set. Besides, Erik Kain has already written the only review you need to read about this highly anticipated game. His review, and the others around the internet, are overwhelmingly positive. Despite the fact that the current trend in game journalism seems to be negative on Nintendo, few writers can deny that this eighth iteration of the classic go-kart racer has beautiful artwork and top-notch controls. Even the negative reviews seem to be complaining about what’s been removed since the last version. Paradoxically, they’re reviewing what’s not there. It is almost as if we all realize just how good Nintendo is at making video games. So much so that we take the achievements for granted.

The biggest achievement here is that Mario Kart 8 is just as much fun for me to play as it is for my six year old, my eight year old, and everyone else who has visited my house since we downloaded our review copy (including my adolescent teenaged nephew). Consider that for a moment. This game is challenging enough for me that I want to play, but still simple enough for my six year old that he remains stimulated.

We snuggle up next to each other on the couch, controllers in hand, playing together. We discuss our favorite race tracks, the best vehicle modifications, and how this version compares to Mario Kart 7. There’s something really special about the experience. I feel like a father when I play.

As a parent, I’m always trying to introduce my kids to things that I enjoyed in my youth. I play them music. I show them movies. I take them to the parks I loved. I introduce them to the comfort foods that come accompanied with fond memories. Most of the time it doesn’t work. Times change. Things age. What appeals to one generation is hardly of interest to the next. But Mario is different.

Mario is like Star Wars. From the moment I showed the first movie to my kids, they were hooked and I was flooded with memories. Few movies span generations like this. It is like LEGO. There’s a timelessness in the fun-factor of the brick. Most toys wane with age. Mario, Luigi, and the gang succeed. And with Mario Kart 8, Nintendo masterfully builds a game that blends grown up nostalgia refreshed in a way that keeps it from feeling dated.

They’ve managed to do this again and again in recent years. New Super Mario Brothers. Super Mario 3D World. Yoshi’s New Island. Kirby Triple Deluxe. Each new title, one after the next, stands out in the family category in ways nobody else seems capable of matching. This is a mark of maturity.

Sure, these aren’t the games we put the “M” rating on. But we live in a society that believes an adolescent attitude of violence, destruction, and combat is “mature.” After all, the U.S. is founded on revolution. And we remain like perpetual teenagers, celebrating rebelliousness and the most simplistic iterations of the Oedipal struggle. Our most lauded individuals are the “innovators” and “disruptors.” Cue the classic Apple Computer commercial in your head; the dreamers, the misfits, the crazy ones, etc.

That’s teenaged stuff, a narrative of perpetual obsolescence—-too much plastic packaging and not enough recycling–that’s wasteful and unsustainable. The rebels of today become the fathers of tomorrow, waiting to be disrupted by the next generation. It is counterproductive. As a father, I don’t value new, shiny, provocative, and edgy in the same way I value sustainability, stability, mindfulness, and education. I’m looking for fun. I’m looking for thoughtful. I’m looking for opportunities to bond with my kids. I’m looking for something that transcends generational idiosyncrasies. Making games that can accomplish this impresses me.

This is the maturity that makes me think Nintendo is leading the pack in a game industry that’s just now crossing over into adulthood. Just as many of the game producers and executives of the past generation have grown up to start working on social impact and educational games (have you seen the trailer for Never Alone that Alan Gershenfeld, former Activision executive is involved in?), I think Nintendo continues to demonstrate unmatched maturity in their focused attention on family games–not games for kids, but games that the whole family can enjoy together.

I encourage every parent to play Mario Kart 8 with their kids. At the very least, I think you’re guaranteed a couple of nights where you’re all staring at one screen together instead of individual private screens alone.

Afterward, take a walk, nature is the most mature game maker of all.
I'm not singling you but speaking in general rather; Nintendo games have always been sophisticated and more mature than any other games out on the market based on the fact they treat everyone who plays their games with respect and manages to give a challenge to all gamers no matter what you're experience is. Because of this they have always been the best developer out because nobody understands videogames like Nintendo. I mean, they single handily resurrected the entire industry by themselves and revolutionized the gaming industry 3 times. It's insane. 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Went to my local GS to play some MK 8 just to find out these bums no longer have Wii U displays setup
mean.gif
 I have no doubt it's going to meet my expectations and be an all around fun game but I still wanted to play it. I hope it's as fun as Double Dash was for me, still the best MK game IMO.

Went to my local GS to play some MK 8 just to find out these bums no longer have Wii U displays setup :smh:  I have no doubt it's going to meet my expectations and be an all around fun game but I still wanted to play it. I hope it's as fun as Double Dash was for me, still the best MK game IMO.
Damn bruh
U missed out :smh:
I swear I woulda stayed all day playing MK 8 this weekend
But being a grown *** man sitting inside of GameStop hogging the Wii u just didn't seem right to me :lol:

Damn bruh
U missed out
mean.gif

I swear I woulda stayed all day playing MK 8 this weekend
But being a grown *** man sitting inside of GameStop hogging the Wii u just didn't seem right to me
laugh.gif
Yeah I hear that my local mall GS has a U inside so I may go check it out sometime this week, just need to call and see if they actually have MK 8 up.

SPANISH OFFICIAL NINTENDO MAGAZINE HAS 3DS SMASH BROS DOWN WITH A SEPTEMBER RELEASE
MAY 19, 2014

Spanish publication Nintenderos says that the Official Nintendo Magazine in Spain has Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS down as being released this September. You may remember that US retailer Target had the game penciled in with an August 29th release for the United States. So we could be looking at September for Europe and August 29th for the United States. Hopefully we will receive a release date for the game next month at E3.

I don't even want to play MK8 til release day. I was watching a vid of Mario Kart Stadium on 150cc :wow:

Y'all boys get ready for me, I'm coming out of retirement

Back
Top Bottom