Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Same here for the most part.

But big ups to any parent concerned about what their child or children consume on a normal basis.

My mom was pretty big on it. Even though I couldn’t appreciate it at the time (I thought she was just playa hatin :lol:) I understand it as an adult and even feel like she saved my mind in some cases.

Shout out to my mom :pimp:

Last edited:
659A5A86-1C34-43B8-B10B-DEC40D304D08.jpeg

Real talk though, I use times like gaming as teaching moments. Even things as simple as teaching my son to say "he beat me" instead of "he killed me." Nintendo was really intentional about this I believe and used the term "fainted" in Pokemon, for example, to make it seem less cruel. At the end of the day, kids have different maturity level and certain games can definitely lead kids to become desensitized to death or violence. I'm never one to tell another person how to parent their children, because all kids are different.

All that being said, I rarely let my son win when I play him in Smash and stay on some "you gon learn today" ish.

Good informative & unbiased video on the different controller options you have for Ultimate

Personally as soon as Smash was announced I made the decision that I was gonna use the Pro Controller

Not only because I didn’t wanna spend money on a 17 year old controller I was only gonna use for one game but mostly because I know I was going to be playing in handheld mode just as much as docked and didn’t wanna have to master 2 different controller mechanics just to go back and forth between the 2

The transition from the GameCube controller I used on Smash 4 to the Pro for Ultimate was pretty seamless and picked it up after only a couple hours of play

Sakurai interview tidbits – Smash Bros. Ultimate’s development length and more
Posted on December 11, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch

Masahiro Sakurai doesn’t have one of his regular columns in Famitsu this week, but he is featured in the magazine nonetheless. That’s because the Japanese publication is sharing an interview with the Smash Bros. Ultimate director.

We’ll be taking a more in-depth look at the interview soon (technically the latest Famitsu isn’t even out yet), but as usual, some tidbits have leaked out online early. Here’s a brief roundup:

– Development actually started around February of 2016
– Sakurai was aware of the Switch fairly early on and had been shown its design from the planning stages
– Sakurai didn’t really consider changing the layout based on what mode the game was played in
– The Switch’s LCD was a lot clearer than he had thought; there weren’t any problems even when in tabletop mode
– Changing the layout between the portable, tabletop, and docked modes meant the team’s work would have had to have been two-fold
– It was pretty important in the grand scheme of things that it ended up not being necessary
– On people struggling against the harder Spirits: “It’s important that your level should sufficiently match your opponent’s – your immediate goal should be to level up your Spirits as you fight, not trying to do it in one giant leap.”
– “Using King K. Rool’s stomach armor-based moves will grant him super armor. Taking too much damage will cause it to crack and leave him dazed, though.”
– Sakurai says that for online battles, it’d probably be best if you didn’t think too hard about how many wins and losses you have
– Even if you have access to both, he believes it’d be better to just look at how much you’ve won
– Sakurai will take another look at Elite Matches after some time has passed, when it’s a little more intense
– On the next Smash game: “It’d be fine if there wasn’t another one for about 10 years, don’t you think?” (laughs)
– Sakurai received something close to an order for a new Smash Bros. since the Switch was coming out – that was this game

Source

Reggie confident in Switch hitting 20 million sales goal, talks importance of DLC, no news about new Switch hardware

Earlier today, Forbes published its own interview with Nintendo of America boss Reggie Fils-Aime. Reggie was again asked about Nintendo’s goal of selling 20 million Switch systems this fiscal year, DLC, and rumors of new Switch hardware.

Find these comments from Reggie below. If you’d like to read some additional statements, head on over to Forbes.

On Switch selling 20 million units this fiscal year…

We’re feeling confident in our momentum and it’s not just a stellar launch of Pokémon, it’s not just what appears to be a stellar launch for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. That Black Friday through Cyber Monday time frame was critically important to us, the remaining shopping days now through Christmas are critically important to us. More days right after Christmas as consumers receive gift cards or take unwanted gifts and monetize into things like Nintendo Switch are important to us. So, this is going to be an ongoing effort to make sure that we drive our business forward through the balance of this holiday season but also the first calendar quarter as well.

On the importance of DLC…

Our global president has said DLC is important to us, whether it’s paid or free, in driving ongoing engagement with Nintendo Switch as a platform and with the particular games. And you’ve seen that with what we’ve done with Zelda: Breath of the Wild, with paid DLC you’ve seen that, what we’ve done with Splatoon 2 and Arms, with both free and paid DLC. So, it’s something that we’re looking at, but what’s important is that the DLC provide new and additional experiences for the consumer. We think that from a consumer satisfaction, it’s critically important.

On rumors of new Switch hardware…

Right now, as we go into our second holiday, my focus is making sure the current grey and neon Switch continue to have momentum in the market place. You saw systems, whether it’s our own or competitive home console systems, utilize that tactic a bit later in the life cycle. So right now, the current execution of Nintendo Switch with the Joy-Con and all of the capabilities, that’s our focus right now.

Reggie on Black Friday success, why Red Dead Redemption 2 isn’t on Switch, Smash Bros. talk, more

Hollywood Reporter is the latest outlet to have shared a few words with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. The two sides discussed Nintendo’s Black Friday success, why Red Dead Redemption 2 isn’t on Switch, the importance of having announced Joker for Smash Bros. Ultimate, and more.

We’ve rounded up highlights from the interview below. You can read the full discussion here.

On what made the five-day period around Black Friday such a huge success for Nintendo…

When you look at it compared to a year ago, we basically doubled our business over those five days.

I think it’s a number of things. First, consumers look at Black Friday as an opportunity to get their holiday purchasing going. They look at values out of the marketplace and for us, it was really important to message the type of value that we will have with Nintendo Switch during the holiday season. For Black Friday, specifically, we had a hardware bundle that included Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – arguably one of our best-selling games – a game that consumers are already voting with their wallets that they want. That bundle sold out immediately. Then, we had a strong dedicated offer for Cyber Monday and this was offering $35 in e-shop credit when you bought through the dot-com retailers. What we saw that was gratifying is that both of those deals sold out quickly and then consumers started buying stock at regular price. That’s what we expect to continue. There’s going to be no more significant deals for Nintendo Switch. We’re only in our second holiday and the consumer is indicating that, for them, this product, with this great alignment of software really is a must-have product and something that they need to have now.

On third-parties and ports…

First, let’s talk about third-party. From our perspective, we want all of the best third-party content to make it to our platform, whether that’s coming from the big publishers and developers or whether it’s the independent community. As an example, we’re thrilled that Celeste won [best independent game at the Game Awards] and Overcooked 2 won [best family game] and Dead Cells won [best action game]. These are all games that are on our platform and are performing exceptionally well for us. So, we want that content on our platform and we’re thrilled when Bethesda gives us the level of support that they have or Take-Two gives us the level of support that they have. Now, when it comes to games from previous Nintendo generations – It’s a statement of fact that the Wii U was not as successful as we hoped it would be and yet that platform had fantastic content. Now that the install base of Nintendo Switch is so much larger, it gives us an opportunity to bring those great games back and share it with consumers that maybe hadn’t participated in the previous generation. For us, we’re clear that, in terms of Nintendo-developed games, we want to bring new experiences from our best franchises to Nintendo Switch, and that’s what you see with Smash Bros. and Pokemon. We also want to make sure that if a consumer didn’t experience a great game, like Captain Toad, that we make it available on the platform as well. For third-party, big or small, we want all that best content to come.

On whether Nintendo wants a game like Red Dead Redemption 2 on Switch…

Absolutely. We’d love for it to be there. But again – and this is where there needs to be an understanding of just the development process – Red Dead has been in development for years, time that predated any communication of Nintendo Switch. So, from the developer’s mentality, they need to move forward and finish the game they’ve been working on and then be in a position to look at other opportunities. Any game from a key third-party that’s coming out now, typically that development started well before any conversations about Nintendo Switch. What happens moving forward? We’ll see. But that’s how you wind up with a situation with Red Dead not being available on our platform.

On getting certain characters into Smash Bros…

That becomes his challenge, right? (Laughs.) In terms of, “How am I going to do this? How is that character going to play?” We have found that as Nintendo has approached the owner of the intellectual property they’re excited for that character to be a part of Super Smash Bros.

I personally have not been involved in those discussions, but as I have talked with Mr. Sakurai and others in the development area I’ve never heard of a story where we’ve been turned down as we pursued a particular character.

On the importance of announcing Joker for Smash Bros. Ultimate…

… The reason it was so important to showcase Joker was really to help the player understand that the net has been cast very wide for the different new fighters who will enter Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. From that perspective, it’s going to be very exciting. As it gets closer to the launch of the next fighter we’ll reveal that, so stay tuned for that.

On any more classic consoles or adding more games to currently-available classic consoles…

There’s no ability for add-on content with our classic consoles, so when you purchase the console it’s coming with that set roster of content. We worked very hard, both for the NES Classic and the SNES Classic, to really have the best games that defined that generation. We’ve said that the current systems are the extent of our classic program. We’ve also been clear that, at least from an Americas perspective, these products are going to be available through the holiday season and once they sell out, they’re gone. And that’s it. The way that consumers will be able to continue participating with our classic content is going to be through Nintendo Switch Online, and we just released three new games (Ninja Gaiden, Wario’s Woods and Adventures of Lolo) from the NES generation onto that platform. We look at that as the main way that consumers will be able to experience that legacy content.

Oh yea Reggie knee deep :lol:

I should not have been surprised though. Haitians, Peurto Ricans, and Brazilians can be absolutely anyone and anything

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate hosting Spirit Board event this week

Nintendo will be kicking off a special Spirit Board event in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate later this week. As pictured in the image above, it’ll carry a glasses theme. You’ll have a better opportunity to obtain Spirits who wear glasses when live.

The event begins December 14 at 3 PM Japan time, lasting for three days. Assuming it goes live worldwide at the same time, the start time should translate to:

– 10 PM PT (December 13)
– 1 AM ET (December 14)
– 6 AM in the UK (December 14)
– 7 AM in Europe (December 14)

Smash Bros. Ultimate update coming within the next week (version 1.2.0)
Posted 1 hour ago by Brian in News, Switch | 5 Comments
New-Minus.png

Nintendo will release a new update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, the company has announced. Specifics of the patch have not yet been detailed. Version 1.2.0 was just confirmed via the in-game notice system.

Nintendo cautions that replays created with the current version will not be compatible. If you’d like to preserve them, you can convert them to videos by accessing the replay data option in the Vault mode.

We’ll have the patch notes when the update goes live, which should happen within the next week.

NES – Nintendo Switch Online update out now (version 2.0.0) – new games and SP versions live
Posted on December 12, 2018 by Brian(@NE_Brian) in News, Switch eShop

The NES – Nintendo Switch Online app has been updated. Version 2.0.0 is live, adding in the latest games and SP versions.

Adventures of Lolo, Ninja Gaiden, and Wario’s Woods have been added. On top of that, Dr. Mario SP and Metroid SP are now available.

Here’s an introduction to the latter two:

Dr. Mario SP

Uncover the ultimate truth after beating the game!

In this special version of Dr. Mario, you’re dropped in just before a rare scene that occurs only after clearing the game on level 20 at Hi speed. This game has been played and loved by many people since its release, but who knows how few have seen this! Fun fact: in the 2005 Nintendo DS game Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day, this game was called Germ Buster. This wasn’t necessarily for training your brain, but it seems to have a relaxing effect on it either way!

Metroid SP

Defeat your archenemy, Ridley!

In this version of Metroid, you start at the battle against Ridley! Our hero, Samus, has all her equipment, including the Ice Beam upgrade for her weapon – and she’s ready to face down her nemesis! Ridley is now known for being a playable character in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game for Nintendo Switch console, but in this game, Ridley was described as the original life-form of the planet Zebes, controlled by Mother Brain.

Back
Top Bottom