• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I've done nothing but the main quest for the dos part. About 12 hours in. And still haven't even seen the "dungeons" mentioned. Am I doing something wrong?

EXPLANATION OF WHERE IN THE STORY I AM AT BELOW (SUPPPERRR EARLY)
Just leaving the research lab to go back to Impa.

Also, the research assistant told me I can use pictures of memories she unlocked in my slate and actually put them on my sensor to find them better. But I don't see how?

PS: Are these swords supposed to be breaking so easily. Have pretty high(wish) grade swords (25-40) and they're all breaking in less that 7 strikes???

When you guys say dungeons, are the 4 "free the divine beasts" considered the dungeons in this game?

That's what I consider to be the dungeons. Outside of that, there are the
shrines.

*spoiler contains the number of shrines, so don't click if you don't want to know.

Last edited:
Dropping a pin on your Shiekah Slate telescope is more to help you navigate to them after you leave the Tower. After you scope them out you have to go to them and go inside to complete a puzzle. You'll see the pin on your mini-map at the bottom-right corner of your TV and if you're looking in that direction you can pull the scope back out and you'll see the column of light from the pin rising into the sky.

This is what the Shrines look like:

It's easier to find them at night as the orange lights will be brighter against the darkness. There are no "correct" ones though. There are 4 that you have to find/complete on the Plateau and then there are 100+ scattered throughout Hyrule after you leave the Plateau.

Thanks for the info

So I've done nothing but the main quest for the dos part. About 12 hours in. And still haven't even seen the "dungeons" mentioned. Am I doing something wrong?

Also, the research assistant told me I can use pictures of memories she unlocked in my slate and actually put them on my sensor to find them better. But I don't see how?

PS: Are these swords supposed to be breaking so easily. Have pretty high(wish) grade swords (25-40) and they're all breaking in less that 7 strikes???

You're fine. You can't really do anything "wrong" in this game. And yes, the swords will break easily. It kind of depends on the enemies you're using them against in terms of how many strikes it takes to break though.

The Dungeons are actually optional so no you're not doing anything wrong :lol:. If you wanted to you could've headed straight to Hyrule Castle to fight Ganon after the Plateau (although you'd probably die before you even got there).

Response to your spoiler:
I'm not 100% sure on this as I haven't used the Sensor for anything other than finding Shrines, but I'm not sure if you can use the Sensor find your memory locations. What you can do, is take a picture of any item and have it give you a beep when you're close to one. For example, take a pic of a treasure chest and set it for your Sensor and you'll get notified whenever you're close to a chest.

For hints about where your memory locations are:
There's a dude in Kakariko Village across from Impa's house (next to the statue that you pray to) that's painting a picture. Talk to him and he'll mention that he's a traveler and ask if you have any pics of nice locations (you may have to do some other side quest with him first, I forget). He'll look at your slate and give you hints about where your memories are located. You'll also find him at various horse stables and he'll give you hints of a memory location that's near the stable.

And yeah the swords break easily especially if you're fighting stronger monsters with them. You usually always find something comparable soon after though so I don't worry too much about it.

Dropping a pin on your Shiekah Slate telescope is more to help you navigate to them after you leave the Tower. After you scope them out you have to go to them and go inside to complete a puzzle. You'll see the pin on your mini-map at the bottom-right corner of your TV and if you're looking in that direction you can pull the scope back out and you'll see the column of light from the pin rising into the sky.

This is what the Shrines look like:

It's easier to find them at night as the orange lights will be brighter against the darkness. There are no "correct" ones though. There are 4 that you have to find/complete on the Plateau and then there are 100+ scattered throughout Hyrule after you leave the Plateau.

Thanks for the info
No prob. If you've ever played/liked Portal then you'll love the Shrines.

Last edited:
Killed a blue maned Lynel last night... Felt cheated by how many weapons I broke and how many meals I ate for what I ended up getting :lol:

PSA on weapons that you find lying around in the world in case you want to be able to grab something before heading out to fight or going into a dungeon.

*Spoiler contains information on the location of a couple of swords. They aren't rare or anything.

Any weapon that you just find lying around will re-set after a full in-game day as long as you're not waiting at campfires or sleeping. There's a Silver Longsword behind the shrine in Zora's Domain and a Royal Greatsword on the very top of the Woodland Tower.

Last edited:
So is Wolk Link is pretty much uncontrollable?

Dude is just going to charge and attack any wild animals nearby and enemies?

What if you want to sneak attack?

Also, what happens if you teleport? Does it just stay in the last spot you left him at you got to wait and respawn him the next day?

any info on switch restocks? what are yalls first impression on the console? i really wanna play zelda, but i don't wanna drop close to 400 for a console where i'll only play/like 1 game.

The wolf companion is unlocked with the amiibo that came with Twilight Princess? I keep thread pop up online about them being OoS and I'm sitting back wondering how people can't find them and I have 3 of them :lol:

Can you repair weapons?

I'm not at that point yet but some of the stronger weapons supposedly could be fixed (or get replaced?) but requires some of the rarer materials out there or doing some sidequests.

Last edited:
any info on switch restocks? what are yalls first impression on the console? i really wanna play zelda, but i don't wanna drop close to 400 for a console where i'll only play/like 1 game.

If you're a fan of The Legend of Zelda series, then the Switch is worth the price to play Breath of the Wild. I'm fine knowing that BoTW may be the only game I play on this console until Super Mario Odyssey releases as it's not my main console for gaming. BoTW is an amazing game and is Nintendo's finest work since Ocarina of Time. The game received perfect scores from several writers and it was deserved. I've played the game everyday since Friday and I'm nowhere near completing it and even upon completion, I'm sure I'll want to play it all over again; it's that good.

In terms of the console itself, there's not much to it right now. It's really just the dock and the Switch itself, which is a tad larger than an iPhone Plus maybe. There are no video steaming services available, the user interface isn't as extensive as that of the Xbox One or the PlayStation 4 and there isn't any way to interact with people on your friend's list. The console specs aren't up to par with that of the Xbox One S or the PlayStation 4, but you're not purchasing the Switch to own the most powerful console.

The main draw of the Switch will be first party games and the ability to take it with you on the go or just to play undocked. I never thought that I would have much use to play the console undocked as I assumed I'd want to experience everything on a monitor or on a television; however, after playing BoTW undocked for three consecutive days, I can say that I truly enjoy it. I can play in the living room while my wife watches her shows or you can take it with you if you know you're going to be somewhere waiting for a little bit. The battery life playing a game like BoTW is between 2-3 hours, but that really isn't a problem for me. I'm never really in a situation where I'd be playing undocked for 6-8 hours straight anyways. The Joy-Cons are easy to get used to, but I've been playing mainly with the Pro controller. All in all, I always felt like the Wii and Wii U weren't really consoles for me, even with the first party games those had, but this generation of Nintendo looks promising, especially with a gem of a game like BoTW.

Can you repair weapons?

*Semi-spolierish regarding the acquisition of some weapons

You acquire the Lightscale Trident for completing the Zora's Domain Divine Beast quest. When that breaks, it can be repaired by the blacksmith in Zora's Domain if you bring him one diamond and five pieces of flint. I believe the weapons you acquire for completing each Divine Beast quest can be repaired in similar fashion.

1-2 is awesome too. I spent more time playing that with my 4 and 7 year old than playing zelda, but what I've played of zelda it's incredible. I hope they can churn out some games quicker than wiiU did. The execution of the system is great. I would never ever own a DS because I'm old and don't really play on the go, but this is nice because if I decide to I can  

Just downloaded Blaster Master 0. Looking forward to playing it this weekend. Lo and behold, among the new entries are several Neo Geo games on the eShop, but nothing I'm all that interested in. Give me Baseball Stars 2, Magician Lord, and 3 Count Bout.

Last edited:
i haven't even docked my switch yet.. :lol:

just got the thunder sword or whatever from the 3 Hinox Giant brother's (Tawa Jinn) shrine.. sword is dope.

This console is great, easily "switches" from console, to handheld to table top mode, you can take your game with you anywhere I feel it's pretty a head of its time in a way. Zelda is great a reason to buy the system and fall in love with the game, I have used the console everyway it's amazing how easy it is to move around...that being said you might not get games like grand theft auto, or battlefield but the reason your buying this is for the 1st party games, I got Zelda this month and mario kart next, street fighter in may probably splatoon in the summer, and e3 coming up should be big for the switch...I haven't owned a Nintendo console since GameCube so I'm far from a fanboy...I absolutely love the switch but I feel it's not that durable even tho I've seen a couple torture test videos on YouTube and it still works after taking a beating, but the body scratches fast, the skins thing, and the battery could be better honestly

I say buy it to anyone who is on the fence, it's great to me

The full potential of this system make begin to show itself when April 28th rolls around........aka the release date for the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe port on the Switch.

The multiplayer capabilities of MK8 will be on full display for the Switch, the portable co-ops and online co-ops etc.

Hopefully I can finally get a Switch by that time.

And for those that do have the Switch, you can pre-order Mario Kart 8 Deluxe right now on Amazon   Amazon product ASIN B01N1037CV

Last edited:
That's what I consider to be the dungeons. Outside of that, there are the
shrines.

*spoiler contains the number of shrines, so don't click if you don't want to know.

Thanks. I guess I'm almost done with the game then. Only 1 left. But I want to complete every single thing outside of the main quest before I finish. Unless I can complete the main quest and then continue sides.

Thanks. I guess I'm almost done with the game then. Only 1 left. But I want to complete every single thing outside of the main quest before I finish. Unless I can complete the main quest and then continue sides.

As far as I know, you can. What happens is that save file will just spawn you right before the last fight and you can go back to doing everything else instead.

Back
Top Bottom