Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1699940354298.png

I just re-installed it on my PS5. It seems really cool, but I'm a bit of a dummy and I got lost, so I put it down.

I just re-installed it on my PS5. It seems really cool, but I'm a bit of a dummy and I got lost, so I put it down.

I was the same way when I first played it. Played for a couple hours and then didn't play again till a few weeks later, but then I was hooked.

It's like reading a book out of order. You'll be confused and lost for awhile, but once things start to click, and those eureka moments start to pile on, there's nothing like it. Make use of your ship's computer, especially rumor mode. It'll organize/contextualize things and give you ideas on where to explore next.

It's like a 20-30 hour game so it does take a little while to get your bearings.

I kept hearing good things about it and tried it a few times on Gamepass but the controls felt way too awkward for me

Please give it another try :lol:. If controls are the only thing holding you back then just autopilot everywhere and pay attention to how it's getting you from A to B, then copy it. Remember there's no braking in space. You need to decelerate just as much as you accelerate to reach your destination. The "Match Velocity" button is your friend once you get close to your target.

I'm in the sunken ship but taking a break until later tonight. I've gotten everything up until this point and have fought every enemy...Quick thoughts:

I'm not necessarily a fan of modern controls on OG games. Auto run is ok...but I work off of muscle memory so auto run plus the timed hits take some getting used to since the window has changed (at least it feels like it did). The timed hits are still fairly easy to get tho, especially attacks. Defense takes some getting used to since the timing and visual cues have changed for some (feels like most or all to me) enemies.

The area damage thing where more enemies get hit makes fights a little faster.

Tonight I will either work on getting to monstro town OR 100 jumps. Not sure yet. I haven't done a single super jump in the remake but I have been leveling jump up.

The graphics are cool but for me some of the charm is lost.

You already know I had to make it here day 1...but ima savor it. I might go for 100 jumps later tonight or tomorrow. I'll probably beat jinx all 3 times right now tho.

This is still the illest ff boss theme to me.
I'm in full nerd mode tonight. I was a kid playing this is 96! We finally probably got some sort of chance at a real mario rpg sequel involving square Enix if this game does well.

Attachments

• 20231118_001846.jpg
    20231118_001846.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I remember that boss fight. My grandma wanted to take me to the mall and I had been fighting that boss for I dont know how long... so I left the system on and I swear as soon as I got back I beat that boss in a few mins.

Still waiting for my copy to ship from Play Asia.

I remember that boss fight. My grandma wanted to take me to the mall and I had been fighting that boss for I dont know how long... so I left the system on and I swear as soon as I got back I beat that boss in a few mins.

Still waiting for my copy to ship from Play Asia.

日本語でするつもり?

I still haven't been able to get 100 jumps but I've beaten the game and I beat every post game boss except the last one. The post game bosses make you think.

I'll try to beat ______ in the morning. I'm too tired to try right now.

I need to practice the timing on genos last weapon. The timing in general for timed hits felt off the entire game.

I feel like I can rate this game now. I think the OG is the better version because IMO the charm was lost with the remake. It's still a good version tho for anyone that hasn't played the OG. I do like the cut scenes and I actually don't mind the area damage and I like the bestiary and music player. Having signal ring at the beginning was a great idea too. The remake is an 8/10 with the OG being 10/10 to me.

i beat all the crystals and now im about to take 3d culex out. I had to pause and savor it. He's done with no help. The wind and fire crystals are the worst. After that it's easy. I never had to switch anybody out or use a triple attack move and I still don't have a super suit. It's doable. I'm not even using an attack scarf.

I beat the post game boss but deleted the pic so I didn't spoil anything for anyone.

Playing through this game made me want to run through the OG game one more time. I love this game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom