Nipsey Hussle Thread; The Marathon Continues

There were ZERO copies around my way, and I’m not saying we stores had them and sold out, I’m saying these stores never even had them in stock, period.

The closest store to me was a Bestbuy about 30 miles from where I live. The 4 Bestbuys within 12 mile radius of me didn’t have em. No Target have them either. All they said was we can make a order and deliver.

In my opinion, the label probably only shipped the amount they thought would sell.

Thank you. I went to BB and tried to buy it but had to order online as did others in here.

In one of his interviews he mentioned they spent millions on promotions. TVs on trucks, brink trucks, videos, documentaries, all the events, the list goes on.
I would need to hear that. I ain't hear it in the 2 interviews I listened to. This pretty much had the same type of promo as Crenshaw. Wasn't no radio play. No internet stunts. Him and his team pretty much pushed it in LA, just like with Crenshaw.

And one thing I’ve noticed was, the store that DID have it in stock said “hurry, limited availability” on the first night it dropped lol.

I use to work at bestbuy, any time that showed up online was because we only had 10 copies or less.

I doubt nipsey is an artist that gets streamed a lot. Those 40k must be majority actual sales. That's probably whats hurting his total.

Bruh, we finally got victory lap :lol:

I been bumping all week. I got no review/opinion other than this joint bumps.

Dom needs to drop a solo joint next

Reactions: Ube
Is Nipsey Black?

Yeah. I think from Ethiopian descent also.

My mans first single was "Rap ******" and straight up dissing them cursing all over it. We knew he wasnt about to do no wild numbers :lol:. Its better that way then putting out some BS and doing the same numbers.

To keep it real though I was pretty disappointed in the album and I been a Nip fan from the start. For you to be working on your album for this long it needed to be bigger as far as the sound and experience. Nipsey did a disservice to himself letting certain tracks go on other projects instead of keeping them for this album. He would of easily had a classic and the roll out/promo was perfect. When I heard "Rap N's" i was like damn this dude really might drop a classic. It kinda felt like when Fab dropped Breathe then dropped a dud :lol:

The original Keys to the City > 2
Buddy and Nipsey on Status Symbol 1 & 2 > 3 (That dude Buddy is a great artist/songwriter btw. I hope Nipsey takes him under the wing)

Young N' , Double Up & Victory Lap Intro (could of been way better) are my favorites.

Maybe finally just getting this VL out his system and us waiting for so damn long after all these years will open up for even better stuff.

Just copped digitally. Still need that physical.
472712BA-2574-4004-8605-94AB1BD4CB32.jpeg

Yeah. I think from Ethiopian descent also.

My mans first single was "Rap *****s" and straight up dissing them cursing all over it. We knew he wasnt about to do no wild numbers :lol:. Its better that way then putting out some BS and doing the same numbers.

To keep it real though I was pretty disappointed in the album and I been a Nip fan from the start. For you to be working on your album for this long it needed to be bigger as far as the sound and experience. Nipsey did a disservice to himself letting certain tracks go on other projects instead of keeping them for this album. He would of easily had a classic and the roll out/promo was perfect. When I heard "Rap N's" i was like damn this dude really might drop a classic. It kinda felt like when Fab dropped Breathe then dropped a dud :lol:

The original Keys to the City > 2
Buddy and Nipsey on Status Symbol 1 & 2 > 3 (That dude Buddy is a great artist/songwriter btw. I hope Nipsey takes him under the wing)

Young N' , Double Up & Victory Lap Intro (could of been way better) are my favorites.

Maybe finally just getting this VL out his system and us waiting for so damn long after all these years will open up for even better stuff.

He definitely could have kept Status symbol 2 for the album

But status symbol 3 is still a banger

He definitely could have kept Status symbol 2 for the album

But status symbol 3 is still a banger

Yeah it is still a banger. I like how they changed the vibe of 3 to more of a roll your windows down summer joint. The other two were more dark/street records.

Maybe the album w grow on me

Status Symbol 2 appreciation :pimp:

He really should have finished that. One verse definitely wasn't enough for that beat.

3 definitely bangs though. Love that he kept Buddy on all 3.

keep thug

all aboard status symbol 2 being better then 3.

"I'm the type to make the news when I trip
Prolly be my downfall a short fuse on a crip
And I'm working on my temper put some jewels on my wrist
Cause I'd rather be that ***** on a cruise with my bitc
h"

Back
Top Bottom