Nissan 240x heads help me out.

Hey guys I'm not that great with cars, but I feel like I came to the right place to find some knowledgeable people can that help me out with what I should prefer. I am interested in letting go of my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe, to maybe pocket some extra bucks. It's black, automatic, bose, sunroof, 113,500 miles, spoiler. My friend is telling me I should be interested in this car I found on craigslist. I don't know much about cars but I was going to put mine around $11,000 as well. Who is the one that isn't asking for enough money? 

This is the description:

It's a 1995 NISSAN 240SX! Great car to drift! The car is a Right hand drive.It has a 1999 SR20DET -S15 CAR HAS A/C COOLLDD...
MODS Include: front mount intercooler kit, 550cc injectors, 300zx fuel filter & MAF, B&M short shifter, polished intake and valve cover, Koyo radiator, Wilwood rotor & calipers, G35 wheels, Carbon fiber hood, Tein coilovers, Body kit, AEM Wideband, High and low HID lights, Walbro 255lph pump, A/C digital, Silvia steering wheel, silvia cluster 180km/h, SAFC -NEO -Tuned 20PSI @376hp, 290tq, 
Silvia mirror
PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE!!!!
only trade 350z or g35 coupe...
5V65Z05U13n93kf3l7bc4cbef55df2f501b25.jpg

I would never buy a highly modded 240 second hand unless I knew the person very well. But I guess thats not what you're asking.

Is this going to be your DD?

Pretty much I would rather resell it after than keep it. I think my boys are just being stupid because one of them is saying they could flip it in a week. I told them I'll hook them up if they did that but if I could worst case scenario resell it in a month or two I wouldn't mind driving it.

From what ive seen it easier to sell one closer to stock(long as its stick) or part it out. The true value of a highly modded car like that one is hard to pinpoint and can vary from person to person. You'll have to deal with the low ballers and potential buyers that'll get cold feet. But maybe your friend is right.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

From what ive seen it easier to sell one closer to stock(long as its stick) or part it out. The true value of a highly modded car like that one is hard to pinpoint and can vary from person to person. You'll have to deal with the low ballers and potential buyers that'll get cold feet. But maybe your friend is right.
This

Definitely doesn't sound like a DD.

Sounds more like a weekend at the track to burn up 4 set of tires type of car.

Something to keep in mind.
smile.gif

First thing is first, you do know that sr20's, like RB's, are illegal in the states right? If a cop pulls you over and ask you to pop your hood, there might be a chance he knows about jdm swaps and can take your car.

Second, maintenance on those cars, especially a track/drift tuned car, can sometimes be pricey... but you know that already.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the car considering their has been major mods to the engine. I bought my 240 a couple of months ago and slowly building it up. In the case where "you don't know about cars", you can always google Do It Yourself on dedicated forums; check out zilvia.net for questions.

PS- you're never going to use that much HP anywhere on the street. Be safe if you do purchase the car- they have the potential for power gains

PS #2: KA>SR
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Cali Fresh

I have a SR stock in my car. I'm pretty sure it's not illegal 
laugh.gif

SR20DE is different from SR20DET
laugh.gif
Plus, the non turbos came in different models besides the 240. What do you drive?

He wouldn't have to worry about that down here. Being modded in Cali
sick.gif
I dont know how some of ya'll do it

becarefull bro look deeply into the history of the car the mods and the build, you don't want to buy another mans headache or dud,I'm actually trying to save up to get a g35 coupe myself my old j30 just aint cutting it anymore
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Los Angeles Fresh

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Plus, the non turbos came in different models besides the 240. What do you drive?
You just said SR20, lol. And I see plenty of DET's here in SD that drive around with no problem.

I drive a SE-R btw
glasses.gif

First thing is first, you do know that sr20's, like RB's, are illegal in the states right? If a cop pulls you over and ask you to pop your hood, there might be a chance he knows about jdm swaps and can take your car.

thankfully everyone doesn't live in california
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

thankfully everyone doesn't live in california
laugh.gif

Basically. We ride SR's and RB's out here all day.

and...

Originally Posted by kc24688

Hey guys I'm not that great with cars, but I feel like I came to the right place to find some knowledgeable people can that help me out with what I should prefer. I am interested in letting go of my 2004 Infiniti G35 coupe, to maybe pocket some extra bucks. It's black, automatic, bose, sunroof, 113,500 miles, spoiler. My friend is telling me I should be interested in this car I found on craigslist. I don't know much about cars but I was going to put mine around $11,000 as well. Who is the one that isn't asking for enough money?

This is the description:

It's a 1995 NISSAN 240SX! Great car to drift! The car is a Right hand drive.It has a 1999 SR20DET -S15 CAR HAS A/C COOLLDD...
MODS Include: front mount intercooler kit, 550cc injectors, 300zx fuel filter & MAF, B&M short shifter, polished intake and valve cover, Koyo radiator, Wilwood rotor & calipers, G35 wheels, Carbon fiber hood, Tein coilovers, Body kit, AEM Wideband, High and low HID lights, Walbro 255lph pump, A/C digital, Silvia steering wheel, silvia cluster 180km/h, SAFC -NEO -Tuned 20PSI @376hp, 290tq,
Silvia mirror
PRICE IS NEGOTIABLE!!!

Bad move. If you're not genuinely interested in it to begin with, I can tell you right now that this car will be nothing less than a headache.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You just said SR20, lol. And I see plenty of DET's here in SD that drive around with no problem.

I drive a SE-R btw
glasses.gif

It's a MODDED 240sx with 376hp. Why would I be talking about a nonturbo sr20?
and as for everyone driving a turbo sr20 in SD, I'm not saying everyone being pulled over will get their car taken away. I'm just saying the engine is illegal everywhere in the US. If the cop KNOWS about it, there might be a chance that it will be taken away. Not saying it always happens.

Just some food for thought

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

He wouldn't have to worry about that down here. Being modded in Cali
sick.gif
I dont know how some of ya'll do it

no smog bs
pimp.gif

OP dont do it, like the other said its hard to make profit off modded cars, even if you part out

Back
Top Bottom