No its not cuz you're black Vol. Stop Complaining

For the past few weeks ive been noticing alot of threads sayin why do black people do this and why do black people do that. What happened to just being proudto see your fellow black people succeeding in life. I understand that people have pet peeves and thats y there is a thread for it. We should all be able toappreciate that we as not just black folks but the human race has come so far(although there is still some *+$@*@ up *$** goin). When black get mad at whatother black people do, every other race sits back and laughs us sayin " i told you they were uncivilized." This not how all non-black people look atit but it is how majority of them do when they see things like this. Lets stop hatin on each other and appreciate the privilege's that we have in thisworld.

i always blame things not going my way based on the fact that I'M BLACK...but of course i'm always kidding.

Umm, if it's a thread about why black people do or say ____ then it is because they're black, right? And furthermore, it's not like allwhite people or all Asian people, or all people of any other classification agree on everything and furthermore if so that wouldn't be a good thinganyways.

It seems like many black people tend to get annoyed with the way people cherry pick a particular phenomenon, usually negative, and like to pretend thatthat's how we all are, as if we are all monolithic and fit that stereotype and fail to grant minorities the chance to be judged as an individual, as ifbecause they know your skin color they know all these other ancillary things about you. But if you're not one, sky's the limit, it's a clean slate.

laugh.gif
Saw at least one coming.

Originally Posted by Snake201

Originally Posted by Grizzlyboy

Black people are like Crabs in a bucket that's why
I don't get it.
nerd.gif
When crabs are in a bucket they try to escape, when one gets close the others pull him back in to get themselves out.
I.E. how black people hate on each other to further themselves, only to be sucked back in by our own people. We are rarely happy to see someone else do well.

I agree with everything you said realistically its not going to happen because our generation and younger are just LOST

This Obama vs Mccain is going to show alot of peoples true colors....

Originally Posted by litlbibby

For the past few weeks ive been noticing alot of threads sayin why do black people do this and why do black people do that. What happened to just being proud to see your fellow black people succeeding in life. I understand that people have pet peeves and thats y there is a thread for it. We should all be able to appreciate that we as not just black folks but the human race has come so far(although there is still some *+$@*@ up *$** goin). When black get mad at what other black people do, every other race sits back and laughs us sayin " i told you they were uncivilized." This not how all non-black people look at it but it is how majority of them do when they see things like this. Lets stop hatin on each other and appreciate the privilege's that we have in this world.
Son...did u take something that was in chinese and try to use one of those internet translation sites?

Edit: did anyone else think that this thread was gunna be an angry racist mad at black ppl using the race card?

ok i re-read wut u said

When black get mad at what other black people do, every other race sits back and laughs us sayin " i told you they were uncivilized."
basically ur trying to say that black people shouldn't criticize other black people? There's nothing wrong with criticizing ur own peoplewhether ur black, white, eskimo, or martian as long as you feel like it will help.

For the past few weeks ive been noticing alot of threads sayin why do black people do this and why do black people do that. What happened to just being proud to see your fellow black people succeeding in life. I understand that people have pet peeves and thats y there is a thread for it. We should all be able to appreciate that we as not just black folks but the human race has come so far(although there is still some *+$@*@ up *$** goin). When black get mad at what other black people do, every other race sits back and laughs us sayin " i told you they were uncivilized." This not how all non-black people look at it but it is how majority of them do when they see things like this. Lets stop hatin on each other and appreciate the privilege's that we have in this world.
I agree to an extent, if I'm reading this right...

For example, if your saying, "stop the crabs in a bucket" mentality, then I agree. No need to ever tear someone down simply because they are at thetop of the mountain and you want their spot. The mountain top is big enough for more than one person so instead of trying to throw salt in someone else'sgame, just focus on yourself and running your own race...

However, some things need to be hated on. "every other race sits back and laughs...", I think a lot of other races can look at BET for an hour or twoand say the same thing. There's more than a few things that Black people, as a people, that we could do to present ourselves in a more dignifiedlight...and sometimes that requires being critical of others who need to recognize that, word to Bill Cosby...

Originally Posted by dunks87

i always blame things not going my way based on the fact that I'M BLACK...but of course i'm always kidding.

laugh.gif
i think we all do this in a joking way.

Umm, if it's a thread about why black people do or say ____ then it is because they're black, right? And furthermore, it's not like all white people or all Asian people, or all people of any other classification agree on everything and furthermore if so that wouldn't be a good thing anyways.

It seems like many black people tend to get annoyed with the way people cherry pick a particular phenomenon, usually negative, and like to pretend that that's how we all are, as if we are all monolithic and fit that stereotype and fail to grant minorities the chance to be judged as an individual, as if because they know your skin color they know all these other ancillary things about you. But if you're not one, sky's the limit, it's a clean slate.
i see what you but how often do you hear other races sayin asian on asian, white on white etc, vs black on black crime. The point im tryin to makeis if we keep puttin eachother down for our shortcomings and mishaps instead of helping one another succeed toward a common goal then we will never (I dontrealy like sayin this but it fits the sentence perfectly) "overcome."

Well for one thing people need to stop calling Obama an "uncle tom" or "house negro". That would be a start.

Originally Posted by dunks87

laugh.gif
i think we all do this in a joking way.

Umm, if it's a thread about why black people do or say ____ then it is because they're black, right? And furthermore, it's not like all white people or all Asian people, or all people of any other classification agree on everything and furthermore if so that wouldn't be a good thing anyways.

It seems like many black people tend to get annoyed with the way people cherry pick a particular phenomenon, usually negative, and like to pretend that that's how we all are, as if we are all monolithic and fit that stereotype and fail to grant minorities the chance to be judged as an individual, as if because they know your skin color they know all these other ancillary things about you. But if you're not one, sky's the limit, it's a clean slate.
i see what you but how often do you hear other races sayin asian on asian, white on white etc, vs black on black crime. The point im tryin to make is if we keep puttin eachother down for our shortcomings and mishaps instead of helping one another succeed toward a common goal then we will never (I dont realy like sayin this but it fits the sentence perfectly) "overcome."

94% of all crime is perpetrated against people of the same race. Just because many times people don't come up with derisive terms to describewhen other races do the same things, doesn't mean those things don't happen. Columbine was white on white crime my dude.

and appreciate the privilege's that we have in this world.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
not much
if you look at a time table we have come so far from where we used to be.

I agree with everything you said realistically its not going to happen because our generation and younger are just LOST

This Obama vs Mccain is going to show alot of peoples true colors....
bein sayin that since the beginning.
basically ur trying to say that black people shouldn't criticize other black people? There's nothing wrong with criticizing ur own people whether ur black, white, eskimo, or martian as long as you feel like it will help.
im not tryin to say that at all. someone else mentioned that sometimes we need to call out black people for what they do. Stephen A Smith calledout black athletes the other day because he said that they are making fools of themselves by always being in the spotlight getting in trouble and reinforce thestereo types that alot of people have about blacks. Wut im sayin is that we dont need to put other black people down when the accomplish things that should beapplauded. Heres an example http://niketalk.com/topic/118253A recent thread

Originally Posted by Snake201

Black people are like Crabs in a bucket that's why
I don't get it.
nerd.gif
When crabs are in a bucket they try to escape, when one gets close the others pull him back in to get themselves out.
I.E. how black people hate on each other to further themselves, only to be sucked back in by our own people. We are rarely happy to see someone else do well.

damn...

Back
Top Bottom