No more Rookies vs. Sophomores. Now Rooks/Sophs vs. Rooks/Sophs

You guys really liked the old format that much? The imbalance in classes just made it silly sometimes. This class, for example, has NO big men. Westbrook's class, had ONE PG. Sophomores usually would blow the rookies out. Stuff like that just makes the game less competitive. Also, no one cares about rookie/sophomore bragging rights. Ideally, you'll have pretty balanced teams in this game. If guys take it semi-seriously, we might get a competitive game, which is way more entertaining than watching dejuan blair make open dunks.

Shaq's team is going to be
sick.gif
. That alone will kill it.

Originally Posted by mgrand15

You guys really liked the old format that much? The imbalance in classes just made it silly sometimes. This class, for example, has NO big men. Westbrook's class, had ONE PG. Sophomores usually would blow the rookies out. Stuff like that just makes the game less competitive. Also, no one cares about rookie/sophomore bragging rights. Ideally, you'll have pretty balanced teams in this game. If guys take it semi-seriously, we might get a competitive game, which is way more entertaining than watching dejuan blair make open dunks.
That's still somewhat flawed reasoning. 
What if there are two sub-par classes in a row? then what? 

I just liked the competitive aspect of of rookies vs soph's. It came with bragging rights I suppose. I'm pretty sure they'd talk !%+! to each other about who the better class was. With this format...all that is kinda lost. Now it's JUST a pick-up game...with no other competitive aspect to it.

They should just make it the SpriteRookie/Sophomore Dunk Contest, with Kenny and Chuck picking dunkers and Magic Johnson doing commentary. LeBron would have the option to enter.

I like the old format better. It was all about bragging rights and representing for your class. Also, they going to have Blake do double duty again with this game and the main event Sunday ASG I guess. I like it being both mildy competitive (mostly near the end) AND a streetball style exhibit of their tremendous talent and athleticism.

I think the yr LeBron's class was in it playing the 02 class was a bit too much towards an And 1 game.

The best balance was the yr all the players had an Nike Air Force 25 and AF90s.

Tean Shaq is going DOMINATE Team Chuck

SHAQ
B. Griffin
J. Lin
R. Rubio
G. Monroe
M. Morris
K. Walker
L. Fields
N. Cole
B. Knight
T. Thompson

CHUCK
K. Irving
D. Cousins
P. George
D. William
M. Books
J. Wall
G. Heyward
T. Splitter
K. Leonard
E. Turner

Was Barkley inebriated during the draft?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

SHAQ
B. Griffin
J. Lin
R. Rubio
G. Monroe
M. Morris
K. Walker
L. Fields
N. Cole
B. Knight
T. Thompson

CHUCK
K. Irving
D. Cousins
P. George
D. William
M. Books
J. Wall
G. Heyward
T. Splitter
K. Leonard
E. Turner

laugh.gif

ehhh i think its the other way around. shaq kahn...

SHAQ
B. Griffin
J. Lin
R. Rubio
G. Monroe
M. Morris
K. Walker
L. Fields
N. Cole
B. Knight
T. Thompson

CHUCK
K. Irving
D. Cousins
P. George
D. William
M. Books
J. Wall
G. Heyward
T. Splitter
K. Leonard
E. Turner

laugh.gif
I disagree. Shaq's team is
roll.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

SHAQ
B. Griffin
J. Lin
R. Rubio
G. Monroe
M. Morris
K. Walker
L. Fields
N. Cole
B. Knight
T. Thompson

CHUCK
K. Irving
D. Cousins
P. George
D. William
M. Books
J. Wall
G. Heyward
T. Splitter
K. Leonard
E. Turner

laugh.gif

ehhh i think its the other way around. shaq kahn...

THIS!

chuck has an actually team

2 solid PGs in wall and irving (they can even play both at the same time)

a TON of SGs and SFS who can do a TON of things (george, heyward, williams, leonard and turner) .. shooters, rebounders, defense, ball handlers and some of the guys can even play some PF

2 solid bigs in splitter and cousins

When has the Rookie/Soph game ever been a "game" though.

It's a glorified pick up game.

Its not like theyll be running sets or have rotations.

Both teams look good. They are well developed teams in my opinion. They both have "rising stars".
This will be a good game.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by newbuck

Change it to rookie all-stars/d-league all-stars. Been saying this for years. Who gives a damn about "sophomores".

right, but we're really going to care about D Leaguers
I like the idea. Gives the D Leaguers some exposure. Strengthens the entire NBA brand. 
The game would be super competitive tho. NBA rookies know they would never hear the end of it if the D-League beat them so they would give their all. D-Leaguers would use the stage to try and get promoted. 

So D League rookies against NBA rookies or anybody in the D League, because many D League players have more experience than NBA Rookies because they have been back and forth multiple times. Hell, Antonio Daniels is in the D League. Mike James just got called up when Rose hurt his back. Ricky Davis, Antoine Walker, tons of guys down there have played legit NBA seasons. The Lakers actually would have signed AI, according to rumors, if he were willing to work his way back up through the D League.

Give me NBA rookies vs sophs, or what we have now over D Leaguers. Blake Ahearn and Andre Emmett would get destroyed by NBA players.

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

So D League rookies against NBA rookies or anybody in the D League, because many D League players have more experience than NBA Rookies because they have been back and forth multiple times. Hell, Antonio Daniels is in the D League. Mike James just got called up when Rose hurt his back. Ricky Davis, Antoine Walker, tons of guys down there have played legit NBA seasons. The Lakers actually would have signed AI, according to rumors, if he were willing to work his way back up through the D League.

Give me NBA rookies vs sophs, or what we have now over D Leaguers. Blake Ahearn and Andre Emmett would get destroyed by NBA players.
This.  Plus did you guys know that the D-League has its own all-star game and dunk contest?  Well they do.

SHAQ
B. Griffin
J. Lin
R. Rubio
G. Monroe
M. Morris
K. Walker
L. Fields
N. Cole
B. Knight
T. Thompson

CHUCK
K. Irving
D. Cousins
P. George
D. William
M. Books
J. Wall
G. Heyward
T. Splitter
K. Leonard
E. Turner

laugh.gif

As in Blake?!?!?! The #!*!?!?!?! He's 3 yrs in...

He was drafted the year before... that's some bull @$*%.

laugh.gif
I hope the cry baby #*% Knicks fans are happy now that Lin is playing

Shumpert should've definitely been recognized over folks like M. Morris, B. Knight & N. Cole.

Cake are you saying that you dont think Blake deserved the ROY last year? Because I got FLAMED last year when I made that comment.

Back
Top Bottom