No One Lookin Forward To The Adventures of Bobby Ray??

surprised no one made an official thread for this yet. release date is April 27th.

Tracklist:
01. “Don’t Let Me Fall

His album cover looks like a bad mixtape cover
laugh.gif

TheAdventuresofBobbyRay.jpg

Nah. Just not feeling his music.

I been finding it hard to listen to any of his mixtapes in their entirety.

I'll probably give his album a listen as my last attempt to give him a chance like I did with Cudi and Asher.

Dude can do it all, I have been waiting for this album for awhile. 2010 is shaping up to be a really good year for hip hop.

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

that a real tracklist? hayley williams on two tracks and one of them with Em?
yezzir

[h1][/h1]
Hayley Williams Calls Cameo With Eminem On B.o.B's Album 'Incredible'
[h2]'I'm so proud to be a part of this!' Paramore frontwoman tells MTV News[/h2]
By James Montgomery

He may already be Justin Bieber's favorite rapper, but on his debut album, The Adventures of Bobby Ray, Atlanta's own B.o.B is looking to expand that fanbase even further — to the Warped Tour set.

In addition to cameos by the likes of T.I. and Lupe Fiasco, Adventures also features Weezer's Rivers Cuomo on a track (which isn't that much of a stretch, considering Rivers is practically a member of Young Money at this point) and, oddly enough, Paramore's Hayley Williams, who lends her vocals to a pair of songs on the album, one of which also features Eminem.

Needless to say, the idea of Hayley and Em sharing vocal duties raised our eyebrows just a bit, which is why we sent an e-mail to the Paramore frontwoman to ask her all about the song and just how she ended up appearing on B.o.B's record in the first place.

"I was given the track a while ago while we were on tour. The guys and I all loved it. They told me I was crazy if I passed it up," Williams told MTV News. "I liked the part too much anyways, so of course I was down.

"I only found out about Eminem getting on the track like a month ago. As if the song couldn't get any better. He just slays me, he's such a genius. And I'm a big B.o.B fan. Got everything of his that I've been able to get my hands on," she continued. "Whether our fans know or not, I'm not sure, but [Paramore bassist ] Jeremy [Davis] and I have always been really into hip-hop. It means a lot that I got to collaborate with a hip-hop artist who is from Atlanta. Not far from home. We Southern gals love us some Southern gentlemen."

Williams appears solo on a song called "Airplanes," and then she's joined by Eminem on an album-closing reprise, which, appropriately enough, is called "Airplanes (Part II)." But what do the tracks sound like? Well, Williams wouldn't tell us much, which means Paramore fans are just gonna have to wait until B.o.B's album drops April 27.

"Both versions of the track are incredible, that's all I'll say," she wrote. "I'm so proud to be a part of this!"

http://www.mtv.com/news/a.../20100405/paramore.jhtml

pimp.gif

"Don't Let Me Fall" released today. I looooooooooooooove it.

This album will be amazing, I'm banking on it. I think it'll be somewhat like KiD CuDi's Man on the Moon: End of Days. Meaning, not 100% the Hip-Hop  you're used to. The guy has a load of talent and can play guitar, plays piano, can do his own R&B-%%+ hooks. He isn't an amazing rapper but along with all his other talents, this album will be great in terms of pure music.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by viiheaven

This album will be amazing, I'm banking on it. I think it'll be somewhat like KiD CuDi's Man on the Moon: End of Days. Meaning, not 100% the Hip-Hop  you're used to. The guy has a load of talent and can play guitar, plays piano, can do his own R&B-%%+ hooks. He isn't an amazing rapper but along with all his other talents, this album will be great in terms of pure music.

pimp.gif
I agree but i think he is way more talented then Cudi.  If you heard BOB vs Bobby Ray or the new mixtape Gangster Grillz May 25th you can tell he can rhyme pretty well.  A lot of people draw the comparison to Andre 3000 but of course he isn't that nice.  But he does make different music not straight rap (as the Haley Williams features show).

Good to see people just recognize good music.  From this link up with Paramore to Cudi rhyming on the 3oh!3 track and to Wale rapping over the Duffy song Warwick Avenue and MGMT on the last mixtape back to the feature. 

Can't front, fam won me over with "Nothing on you"....
def will be looking out for the album.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
I still don't understand how that album is so popular.

he got cuts... i havent really liked any of his tapes... just songs off of them...

i think more than anything he needs to kinda pick a lane... and beats that are overall less weird
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 13saldana13

pimp.gif
Man on the Moon? It's popular because there is no 'target audience'. You won't see random run of the mill folk listening to the Clipse would you? It's clearly a Hip-Hop thing. CuDi & B.o.B. exceed that demographic. Day 'N Nite was the perfect song. Who did it appeal to? Firstly Hip-Hoppers cuz that's the genre he's most related to. Second, stoners for obvious reasons. Thirdly, those who are into "dance music" as you can tell with all the damn remixes you hear on the radio.

The album was much the same, he broadened his appeal with adding features like Lady GaGa, MGMT & Ratatat... big name artists from completely different genres. CuDi isn't a great rapper either, but he knows how to make music. In a comparison, it's a lot like KanYe. People who don't really listen to Hip-Hop will listen to KanYe, CuDi or B.o.B cuz their music is so versatile. B.o.B has features for the Hip-Hop heads in Em & Lupe. He has Haley Williams (who I've never heard of.. I don't listen to Paramore) which will have Paramore (who also has a big audience) listening to at least one track, which could add more fans to B.o.B's fanbase.

My answer to OP's question "No One Lookin' Foward To The Adventures of Bobby Ray??"

My (facial expression) answer =

huh.jpg

pimp.gif
Man on the Moon? It's popular because there is no 'target audience'. You won't see random run of the mill folk listening to the Clipse would you? It's clearly a Hip-Hop thing. CuDi & B.o.B. exceed that demographic. Day 'N Nite was the perfect song. Who did it appeal to? Firstly Hip-Hoppers cuz that's the genre he's most related to. Second, stoners for obvious reasons. Thirdly, those who are into "dance music" as you can tell with all the damn remixes you hear on the radio.

The album was much the same, he broadened his appeal with adding features like Lady GaGa, MGMT & Ratatat... big name artists from completely different genres. CuDi isn't a great rapper either, but he knows how to make music. In a comparison, it's a lot like KanYe. People who don't really listen to Hip-Hop will listen to KanYe, CuDi or B.o.B cuz their music is so versatile. B.o.B has features for the Hip-Hop heads in Em & Lupe. He has Haley Williams (who I've never heard of.. I don't listen to Paramore) which will have Paramore (who also has a big audience) listening to at least one track, which could add more fans to B.o.B's fanbase.
I understand that, but the music is horrible, just horrible.

pimp.gif

I understand that, but the music is horrible, just horrible.

Did you listen to the album as a whole, or are you just saying that having listened to a couple songs? Personally, the first time I heard his album, I was blown away. It's just good music, great production and it flowed sonically, even to this day I listen to it. But hey, everybody cant like everything, maybe his musics just not for you.

Nope.

Not saying dude is not talented or he doesn't have good songs but I just have no anticipation for this album.

Back
Top Bottom