No Poverty Tour Thread?

....Thoughts?

[h2] Tavis Smiley and Cornel West to Host 15-City Poverty Bus Tour[/h2]
http://www.theroot.com/buzz/smiley-poverty-tour-put-heat-politicians

A White House conference on poverty? That is one possible outcome that broadcaster Tavis Smiley and Princeton professor Cornel West hope will come out of their 15-city bus tour, they told The Root.

The tour, announced this week on CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight, will travel from Minnesota to Alabama to Tennessee to underscore the plight of poor people of all races, colors and creeds at a time of vast economic uncertainty and rising unemployment in the African-American community, they said in the interview with The Root.

The so-called “Poverty Tour: A Call to Conscience

See with Tavis and Dr. West, they don't get it. They're just as out of touch as these politicians and a 15 city tour wont help.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

See with Tavis and Dr. West, they don't get it. They're just as out of touch as these politicians and a 15 city tour wont help.

...out of touch? you dont think this tour brings light to an important issue not being addressed currently? the media coverage alone raises awareness right?

- personally (related to the Steve clip), im tired of black folk making Obama out to be some type of individual thats above criticisms in front of white folks, like we black folks just love letting 'passa', get away with any and everything. however, i do understand all that the President has on his plate. and i do feel alot of issues Tavis and Dr. West have are things the President would have liked to focus on but couldnt for one reason or another.

...with that said i feel that when you sit at the head of any table criticisms are needed, waranted or not. comes with the position.

Back
Top Bottom