No streetball for JB?

Whats up NT. I was discussing a topic with my friend that has always bothered me about JB. I do not go that far back in the game [vi's were my firstpair the year they dropped] but I go back far enough. Correct me if im wrong but how come jordan brand never hit the streetball part of the game? If you everballed in retros [or current number j's] especially outside, you know how crappy they are for grip. I mean not a whole movement like reebok ATR did, butsomething? I mean everyones always hollering that JB has gone away from the classics and ruined the meaning. Check the playground shirt mike balled outdoortoo.

The Work'M last year can be considered an outdoor-inspired shoe...and just wait for next spring...
happy.gif

Correct me if im wrong but how come jordan brand never hit the streetball part of the game?

Because Mike didn't not get famous from being a street baller like Skip or Starbury.
Yes, he was born in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, he played REAL Basketball, not STREET basketball crap.
Anyway, you're gonna play outdoor on $100+ shoes? If you're rich, that's not the way you waste your money.

Just to correct a few things
1] I never said mike was famous for playing streetball ''crap''. Just think of how many unbelievable players have come from that''crap''.
2] Im far from rich but aren't basketball shoes like jordans meant to be balled in? Why do you think they're made with zoom, air, posite etc. Not justfor looks my friend.
3] Many jordan brand players[ melo, q-rich, paul] have stated that they learned to play on the streets.

Originally Posted by indohan

Correct me if im wrong but how come jordan brand never hit the streetball part of the game?

Because Mike didn't not get famous from being a street baller like Skip or Starbury.
Yes, he was born in Brooklyn. Unfortunately, he played REAL Basketball, not STREET basketball crap.
Anyway, you're gonna play outdoor on $100+ shoes? If you're rich, that's not the way you waste your money.
>< I can argue Football...Didnt he make football shoes out of the VIs?
And now Im hearing the Skate shoes are coming for MJ...
EDIT: Or maybe there were baseball shoes.

the work'm was a street shoe, there was another street shoe, the shoe that the work'm was the sequel too.

Being from NY, I know [we know] it all really started outside on the court.

really doggy? this a big NY secret?
retro's aren't great for ball in general, and the newer flagship models usually have softer outsoles that get tore up pretty quick on concrete,but team jays in general are just as good as any other basketball shoes for ballin outdoors.

and actually I'm pretty sure JB has pushed some shoes as specifically outdoor summer ballin shoes, the work'm and show'm and shake'm andbake'm and flambe'm come to mind

Originally Posted by inchecksince81

Just to correct a few things
1] I never said mike was famous for playing streetball ''crap''. Just think of how many unbelievable players have come from that ''crap''.
2] Im far from rich but aren't basketball shoes like jordans meant to be balled in? Why do you think they're made with zoom, air, posite etc. Not just for looks my friend.
3] Many jordan brand players[ melo, q-rich, paul] have stated that they learned to play on the streets.
smokin.gif

1. Yes, you did not say Mike was famous for playing streetball "crap".

FYI, I said "Mike was not famous for playing street basketball" because that's my answer for your question. It was not an act of putting wordsinto your mouth.
2. In the past, Jordan shoes were below $100. People could afford to wear them in/out door.
Read again
Anyway, you're gonna play [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]outdoor[/color] on $100+ shoes? If you're rich, that's not the way you waste your money.

I did not say Jordan shoes were not meant for balling; I said Jordan shoes were meant for INDOOR INSTEAD OF OUTDOOR.
Also, let me clear this thing up. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]IT IS ALSO FINE FOR PEOPLE TO WEAR THEM OUTDOOR.[/color]

My statement above is a response to this statement of yours:
you know how crappy they are for grip.

3. Many people learned how to play basketball from the street. If what you said about those Jordan players were indeed true, then so be it.
Let's go back to the topic. MICHAEL JORDAN was NOT famous for playing street basketball or learned how to play basketball FROM THE STREET.
We were NOT talking about Chris Paul or Carmelo or Quentin Richardson. I said MICHAEL JORDAN; I did NOT say BRAND JORDAN TEAM PLAYERS.

PS: Try to read people's response carefully next time. I know you're just being careless, not anything worse than that.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

Being from NY, I know [we know] it all really started outside on the court.

really doggy? this a big NY secret?
retro's aren't great for ball in general, and the newer flagship models usually have softer outsoles that get tore up pretty quick on concrete, but team jays in general are just as good as any other basketball shoes for ballin outdoors.

and actually I'm pretty sure JB has pushed some shoes as specifically outdoor summer ballin shoes, the work'm and show'm and shake'm and bake'm and flambe'm come to mind

??? Retros not for ballin? Where you at? I see alot of NBA, college, HS, even the all-star scrubs @ the YMCA ballin in their J's. They areb-ball shoes for a reason.
Indoor or outdoor, you'll see everbody hoopin in their kicks. PS..I'm from NY
pimp.gif

They are nice, actually they are 1 of about 3 non-numbered jordans that I like. I didn't know they were "streetball" shoes though.
jordan_workm-2.jpg

indohan your response was read correctly, and I responded correctly. I know jordans are not made for outdoor use, thats the point of this post.
obviously they wouldnt make a flagship or retro model for the street because they are indoor models. I mean like a branch off of the numbered j's, whichwould make them team j's or what have you, and involve the players i mentioned. this is not so much a michael jordan post.

people are always stating some team jordans are becoming more "outdoor" rather then collecting which somewhat agree with
like the work ems
pro status's

you would rather not play in retros because in my mind they were not made for street rather made to play of the court

2] Im far from rich but aren't basketball shoes like jordans meant to be balled in? Why do you think they're made with zoom, air, posite etc. Not just for looks my friend.

This was your response to my statement:
Anyway, you're gonna play [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]outdoor[/color] on $100+ shoes? If you're rich, that's not the way you waste your money.

If you read again, ask yourself, how was your response answered my statement correctly?
You asked why JB does not make shoes for outdoor, or what you called street basketball "crap"?
I answered because they are meant for indoor. Why meant for indoor? It is because Mike did not play street basketball.
How is this not so much of Michael Jordan post? I don't know what you're talking about. The brand itself has his name.
If this is a NON-STREET BASKETBALL SHOES DIS APPRECIATION post, just say so! I wouldn't even bother to take part in the "discussion".
smile.gif

Some people should not make posts and ask questions if they don't expect people to respond. I dont know why anyone would think the retros are for ballingin. Yes, they are a basketball shoe but they are made cheaply and the original shapes have been changed because they are a casual/stlye shoe. Im not saying youcant play in them. You can. You can play in a pair of cowboy boots to. But thats not what cowboy boots are made for and neither are the retros. Thats why theystill make a new signature model every year. So you can have up to date tech for balling in.

Originally Posted by 2396Bulls

Some people should not make posts and ask questions if they don't expect people to respond. I dont know why anyone would think the retros are for balling in. Yes, they are a basketball shoe but they are made cheaply and the original shapes have been changed because they are a casual/stlye shoe. Im not saying you cant play in them. You can. You can play in a pair of cowboy boots to. But thats not what cowboy boots are made for and neither are the retros. Thats why they still make a new signature model every year. So you can have up to date tech for balling in.
Couldnt say it any bettter

It's not that i didnt want responses, ive made many posts. People are going to have opinions thats what NT is about. Its just that like 2396bulls wrote,retros are not for balling in. I know that because I am an outdoor baller and they are terrible. I just dont know why JB doesnt make good quality outdoorsneakers. obviously jordan wasnt known for outdoor balling but at some point he did play on a playground [just look at the playground shirt
eyes.gif
] but im talking more of the current players sponsered by JB, NOT SO MUCH MIKE. I meanmike wasnt a boxer or football player either but JB made those shoes according to the sponsored JB athletes. And Melo and Q rich have played at rucker. Atleast street basketball is still the same genre of sport even if some people think its ''crap''.

1. michael jordan had a "love of the game" clause that allowed him to play ball anywhere, anytime he wanted (a lot of players are forbidden toplay pickup basketball for fear of injury).

2. where do you think most players learned the game? on wooden courts, fiberglass boards, and snapback rims?

3. i play outdoor in whatever shoes i want. and yes, i have played outdoor in $100+ shoes. they're just shoes, it's not that serious. weren'tyou just defending the $395 pricetag on the levi's package?

Streetball or outdoors?
Is it the same?

Give it up for all of the " 'm"s. Brand Jordan's summer/outdoor shoes. All had a tougher compound comprising the outsoles, and the upperswere solid, thus making for a line of bulletproof shoes.

FBI (Freak'm, Break'm, Ice'm)
review_jordan-fbi_profilealt.jpg

Show'm
820ttna.jpg

and the aformentioned Work'm
workm_main.gif

Originally Posted by 255forLife

1. michael jordan had a "love of the game" clause that allowed him to play ball anywhere, anytime he wanted (a lot of players are forbidden to play pickup basketball for fear of injury).

2. where do you think most players learned the game? on wooden courts, fiberglass boards, and snapback rims?

3. i play outdoor in whatever shoes i want. and yes, i have played outdoor in $100+ shoes. they're just shoes, it's not that serious. weren't you just defending the $395 pricetag on the levi's package?

1. Nobody stops nobody from playing anywhere he wanna play. Neither did I stop anyone to do so. If I did, quote it out.
2. Why is this question keep on appearing? Thread starter asked why didn't JB release pairs of shoes that are meant for outdoor.
3. Sure, play where you wanna play at. That is your personal lifestyle.

Also, make sure read all my responses before you make a response to my response.
Also, let me clear this thing up. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]IT IS ALSO FINE FOR PEOPLE TO WEAR THEM OUTDOOR.[/color]

I remember clearly I said this. Know why I brought this up? Because thread starter wrote this:
you know how crappy they are for grip.

And also, I'm not positive that Mike did or did not play on the playground.
From my knowledge, he doesn't. If you judging Mike's appearance on the street court just by the shirt, then you need to provide more evidence.
Mike's appearance on the street court is just for commercial purposes. Yes, Air Jordan IV's retro card & Air Jordan I commercial.
Beside that? Show me some evidence!

Now thread starter's question has been answered by docious.

Back
Top Bottom