nokia 6265i

Josizzle

formerly jongjong24
hey i was wondering how to unlock this phone..can it be done? i wanna unlock mine cuz i cant use my mp3s as ringtones

i posted in the general but i got no response, considering its a canadian company i mite be a lil more succesful here...im with telus btw..thnx
easy buddy...

Personally i wouldnt risk it. Instead go to some cell phone spot and pay the 20 bux or what it is.

Thats just me anyways
TEAM RAPTORS
NBA CHAMPIONS 2007

i just got the same phone and im having the same problem... its ******ed how u cant set the mp3s as a ringtone. WEAK!

yea, does anyone know how to unlock one?? can they tell me how or give me a link too it
easy buddy...

i think the best way is to just go to a cellphone dealer that unlocks phones and they'll help you out. i know u dont wanna pay to unlock it but at least this way u aint struggling soo hard to unlock it. i got one of my boys tryna to help me unlock this phone, when i get somewhere with that, i'll let u know jongjong24...

1st: The Nokia 6265i isn't a GSM phone so it can't be unlocked. It's a CDMA phone, so I would assume you have it with Telus.

Just so you know all of the phone carriers are locking up media content that is uploaded/downloaded to phones for "rights purposes" but I think they're just doing it to make more money.

What you have to try to do, and I'm not sure who does it, is get the software on the phone changed...normally called "flashing". You'd be putting the original Nokia 6265i "flash" on that doesn't have the disabled mp3 ringtone, and crippled bluetooth features.

Good Luck!
COMING SOON: B.L.A.C.K. Inc.​
"...See Martin, see Malcom//See Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome//See Jesus, see Judus, see Ceasar, see Brutus//See success is like Suicide//Su-i-cide its a su-i-cide//If you suceed prepare to be crus-a-fide..." ~ Jay-Z​

i got the same phone and had the same problem, there is no easy way of doing it but what i did to get the ring tone of my choice, i changed the mp3 tone into a 3gp video format with the pro version of apples quicktime. then u can set ur ring tone to video tone, only down side is that you wont be able to see the pic of the caller if you attached pics to the caller.

this is why i recommend paying more for an unlocked GSM phone, instead of getting something from rogers/bell etc.

u not have alot more selection in terms of phones, but save on hassles like this. Apparently using mp3s as ringtones is illegal, unless u buy the ringtone and hence the right to play it on portable media (cell phone). This @#%$ ow companies like jamster make their $$$.

Quote:
1st: The Nokia 6265i isn't a GSM phone so it can't be unlocked. It's a CDMA phone, so I would assume you have it with Telus.

Just so you know all of the phone carriers are locking up media content that is uploaded/downloaded to phones for "rights purposes" but I think they're just doing it to make more money.
:tongue:
tongue.gif

This is a shot in the dark but meh ill give it a try.

Anyone on here got the software for the Palm Treo 650 for custom ringtones? I've been lookin for it for awhile instead of paying $22 for it.

Anyone got it or know how to get it ?
TEAM RAPTORS
NBA CHAMPIONS 2007

If im not mistaken its more of a unbranding thing. Since Rogers wants all ringtones to be bought they have restricted custom ringtones, I know they did this with the new Sony's and a friend of mine got the w810 unbranded and that solved the problem being that it set it back to the default settings. Meaning you can use custom ringtones without buying them.
***The Bills Gonna Get Payed, By Standin On Da Corner
Naahh Im Peyton Manning, I'm Handling The Corner

Talk Like I Gotta Chip On My Shoulder, Nahh Dats A Chip On Da Pinky
Still Getting More Brain Then Pinky

i have the same phone and i have mp3 ringtones, no shutter sound on my cam and unlocked themes thanks to Howard forums. Took me a minute to do it but its great.

Quote:
If im not mistaken its more of a unbranding thing. Since Rogers wants all ringtones to be bought they have restricted custom ringtones, I know they did this with the new Sony's and a friend of mine got the w810 unbranded and that solved the problem being that it set it back to the default settings. Meaning you can use custom ringtones without buying them.
COMING SOON: B.L.A.C.K. Inc.​
"...See Martin, see Malcom//See Biggie, see Pac, see success and its outcome//See Jesus, see Judus, see Ceasar, see Brutus//See success is like Suicide//Su-i-cide its a su-i-cide//If you suceed prepare to be crus-a-fide..." ~ Jay-Z​

Back
Top Bottom