Nolan Ryan/Josh Hamilton

Texas Rangers  CEO Nolan Ryan said the timing of Josh Hamilton's decision to quit smokeless tobacco this summer "couldn't have been worse."

"You would've liked to have thought that if he was going to do that, that he would've done it in the offseason or waited until this offseason to do it," Ryan said during an appearance on ESPN Dallas 103.3 FM's Galloway and Company this week. "So the drastic effect that it had on him and the year that he was having up to that point in time when he did quit, you'd have liked that he would've taken a different approach to that."

Damn, Nolan. This seems a bit selfish.

Last edited:
He needs to keep his mouth shut. Dude has a huge ego and a need to be seen/heard. I've never seen a guy do so very little to actually build a team but get as much TV time as he does.

Hamilton won't be able to handle NYC.
IMO, he's gonna end up in Colorado.
Damn, yo, they got a brewery on site.

Wouldn't it better for him to be around a lot of people, and always in the public eye when he goes out? I think it's the perfect place actually and the perfect clubhouse.

I mean, hes got a point. You cant quit something cold turkey at a whim, and expect no have no withdrawals or consequences. I remember hearing he quit, and I traded him in my fantasy league right afterwards.

Bottom line, Ryan should have kept his mouth shut.....but he is absolutely right.

Damn, yo, they got a brewery on site.

Wouldn't it better for him to be around a lot of people, and always in the public eye when he goes out? I think it's the perfect place actually and the perfect clubhouse.

I personally think he'll wilt under that kind of pressure. Especially from the media. Texas is perfect for him because look at how they treated his relapses. They had a five minute press conference and it was over with. That'll never happen to him in a bigger market.

I hope he goes to Seattle.

No way he ends up a Yankee. He's smarter than that from a personal life standpoint.

He definitely aint coming to SF. People smoke in the bleachers everyday so he'd relapse after the season opener. :rolleyes

:lol:
Via a trade?
Cause the Yankees don't have that payroll.

yanks were poppin moet and crystal to pour on each other while everybody else used korbel :lol:

yanks got it, trust, but seattle would be a good spot. nyc would ruin dude. the media here is relentless :smh:

Back
Top Bottom