non-blacks, what are your opinions on tyler perry and his movies?

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.

Originally Posted by MECKS

ive been saying this over and over

he takes advantage of the black community with strong racial stereotypes, and depicts blacks in a minstrel show manner. he is taking advantage of the black audience, mostly because his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast.
You must be black. I find that World Star Hip Hop is far more damaging to "the black community" than Tyler Perry is. What is this black community that you speak of? There seems to be hardly any community amongsts black people these days. You get shot just for looking at someone the wrong way in certain hoods. You're saying he's taking advantage of the black audience as though black people have no mind fro themselves and are being duped into going to see his films. If his movies are the only movies to feature an all black cast you should give him credit. Hollywood isn't hiring black actors for leading rolls like that , these actors have to eat. He's not making movies like "Soul Plane" and "Three Strikes." His movies try to have a message and they are funny. He is targeting a certain demographic and it is working. Not all black people are like the huxtables I'm sure you know. What's wrong with showing the comedic side of blacks to the world? His character's arent minstrel like to me. They're comedic and they're getting PAID. You seem to be too concerned about what non-whites may think and trust me sites like WSHH already have non-paid blacks behaving like minstrels without the aid of Tyler Perry.

why did I get married is the only good movie he has mad the sequel was good also.....I dont care for spike lee speaking out publicly about him though...I'm black though
laugh.gif

why did I get married is the only good movie he has mad the sequel was good also.....I dont care for spike lee speaking out publicly about him though...I'm black though
laugh.gif

Worldstarhiphop doesn't produce those videos...they just exploit them. The same videos can be found on Youtube....yet no one blames youtube...

I hate when people try to blame WSHH for how black folks act... its all entertainment.

I dont mind what Tyler Perry does, George Lopez did the same thing when he had his own sitcom.... exerted the stereotypes of Mexicans... I found it to be funny -shrugs-

Worldstarhiphop doesn't produce those videos...they just exploit them. The same videos can be found on Youtube....yet no one blames youtube...

I hate when people try to blame WSHH for how black folks act... its all entertainment.

I dont mind what Tyler Perry does, George Lopez did the same thing when he had his own sitcom.... exerted the stereotypes of Mexicans... I found it to be funny -shrugs-

I was just about to ask how Mexicans feel about George Lopez? I never see 10+ page threads about him on NT
nerd.gif

I was just about to ask how Mexicans feel about George Lopez? I never see 10+ page threads about him on NT
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

co-sign its disgusting, his movies remind me of lex luger beats
sick.gif
. gears his movies to single stressed black women, sorta like http://twitter.com/iRespectFemales < simp the women. saying and showing stuff they want to hear make them feel powerful.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Straight ****ery...not even trying to be funny, I seriously dislike the image this guys puts out.

I'm african american.

co-sign its disgusting, his movies remind me of lex luger beats
sick.gif
. gears his movies to single stressed black women, sorta like http://twitter.com/iRespectFemales < simp the women. saying and showing stuff they want to hear make them feel powerful.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I imagine he is your George Lopez
Originally Posted by solefood229

nerd.gif

I think his TV show was okay, but he is terrible on TBS and on most movies

I imagine he is your George Lopez
Originally Posted by solefood229

nerd.gif

I think his TV show was okay, but he is terrible on TBS and on most movies

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

do you even watch them?
no,
I think non blacks dislike cross-dressing black comedians even more than blacks do

and I find it hilarious how more black people use the term you use than anybody else 
laugh.gif

yet you'd be the first to complain

Originally Posted by higherthanthemonument

do you even watch them?
no,
I think non blacks dislike cross-dressing black comedians even more than blacks do

and I find it hilarious how more black people use the term you use than anybody else 
laugh.gif

yet you'd be the first to complain

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Watch this entire video! One of the few video gems that WSHH posts in between all the trash

Sooo much truth in this video. Tyler Perry is a smart guy. There's nothing close to bufoonery in his movies, granted he does include stereotypes often seen in the Black community, but to associate it with the connotations of ****ery and buffoonery from early America is ridiculous. The intentions behind his movies are whats key.�
�With that said Spike Lee is a fool.
Spoiler [+]
Loved Malcom X, hated DTRT
laugh.gif

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Watch this entire video! One of the few video gems that WSHH posts in between all the trash

Sooo much truth in this video. Tyler Perry is a smart guy. There's nothing close to bufoonery in his movies, granted he does include stereotypes often seen in the Black community, but to associate it with the connotations of ****ery and buffoonery from early America is ridiculous. The intentions behind his movies are whats key.�
�With that said Spike Lee is a fool.
Spoiler [+]
Loved Malcom X, hated DTRT
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom