NON DRINKERS? WHY NOT OR WHY'D YOU STOP?

im 23 and after a while i just realized nothing really tastes good, its a huge waste of money, and people that "drink the pain away" or whatever are just weak and your problems will still be there when you wake up

i been sober since 2007 i use to drink and snort coke almost everyday… july 27,2007 i had way way too much beer/coke i thought i was done for i was sweating like crazy turning blue and walking around my apt butt naked
mean.gif
 i sat in my living room thinking if i died i wanted my roommate to find me when he came home…. i said a prayer and told myself if i wake up 2moro I'm done no more… next day i woke up and ever since i haven't drank/smoke/snorted 

turn 21 soon, drinking just isnt exciting anymore and not worth the head ache or the late nights

most people are excited about drinking here in college but im kinda over it

i do enjoy trying out new beers and liquors though

I quit in 2010.  Not every night was like this, but I got tired of being sick and throwing up.  You know the feeling when you are praying and lying like you won't do this anymore if you get thru the night.

Haven't looked back since.

2007 When I was 17 to 18 I was drinking and partying a lot. I was 220 before I drank and got up to 267 when I was 18 alcohol+late night food. Decided to change my life and lose all the weight. Dropped alcohol and junk food and joined the gym. A year later was weighing at 150 stopped wearing glasses and wore contacts and took off the braces. Was looking like a totally different person. Still drink every now and then.

Last edited:
I don't drink much if at all. Even when I go out, I'm one of those guys who'll have one beer at most.

For me, it may be partially b/c neither of my parents drink. However, I don't mind beer one bit, I'll gladly have a beer for socializing....but that's about it

2007 When I was 17 to 18 I was drinking and partying a lot. I was 220 before I drank and got up to 267 when I was 18 alcohol+late night food. Decided to change my life and lose all the weight. Dropped alcohol and junk food and joined the gym. A year later was weighing at 150 stopped wearing glasses and wore contacts and took off the braces. Was looking like a totally different person. Still drink every now and then.

i been sober since 2007 i use to drink and snort coke almost everyday… july 27,2007 i had way way too much beer/coke i thought i was done for i was sweating like crazy turning blue and walking around my apt butt naked
mean.gif
 i sat in my living room thinking if i died i wanted my roommate to find me when he came home…. i said a prayer and told myself if i wake up 2moro I'm done no more… next day i woke up and ever since i haven't drank/smoke/snorted 
Im happy for you bro. I really mean that. Good Job 
nthat.gif

That's why I don't like people messing with folks that don't drink, there's usually something tragic behind it.

That's why I don't like people messing with folks that don't drink, there's usually something tragic behind it.
agreed, well that and its a total buzzkill when you go to a bar and someone you're with is like "nah i dont drink" 

agreed, well that and its a total buzzkill when you go to a bar and someone you're with is like "nah i dont drink" 

Why is it tho?

I'm saying :lol:

Unless son is in everyone's ears trying desperately to talk you out of that next shot, I don't get why you would have any less fun if your friend can enjoy himself without relying on any substances.

I quit drinking when I was 17, back in '08. Last time I drank I blacked out, off that ever clear. I was tore up. My gramps died in '85 from liver failure and prolly like 80% of my family are alcoholics (native family) including my pops. He cried to me one day because he wanted to stop drinking, but it was just too hard. That had me shook. So I stopped because I'm stronger than that and just for the fact that I didn't want to bring anymore shame to my family. (Too many racist things being said about natives where I'm from). Also because of my religious background. I'm LDS and somewhat strict about it.

Last edited:
Drank until last year. Honestly became tired if the feeling. During and after. Alcoholics are on both sides of my family. I'll be damned if I add to it.

I noticed all my older friends looked like hell after their first years of college. Then I figured out the linear commonality was binge drinking. As a result, I never picked up the habit. At present, I'm 24 and could enroll in my HS as a 9th grader if I wanted.

never drank or smoke.

doesnt have to do with religion or anything. i just dont do it 

its not really apart of my makeup

some people look at me strange when i tell them but i dont eem care

Exactly my case. I'm 25 and never got into drinking. I get asked so why don't you drink etc and it kind of gets annoying at times. Mainly if i'm with a new group or people i don't hang around with often. My boys know it's not my thing so they don't even bother asking.

I noticed all my older friends looked like hell after their first years of college. Then I figured out the linear commonality was binge drinking. As a result, I never picked up the habit. At present, I'm 24 and could enroll in my HS as a 9th grader if I wanted.
bruh my life mission is to be a vampire

word to Nas, P diddy , Nia long , Sanaa Lathan and most importantly da gawd Pharrel 

if this is too happen i am never drinking or smoking,

i know it doesn't mean as much as i think but it cant hurt not to
never drank or smoke.

doesnt have to do with religion or anything. i just dont do it 

its not really apart of my makeup

some people look at me strange when i tell them but i dont eem care
Exactly my case. I'm 25 and never got into drinking. I get asked so why don't you drink etc and it kind of gets annoying at times. Mainly if i'm with a new group or people i don't hang around with often. My boys know it's not my thing so they don't even bother asking.
Oh my favorite is when a female usually of the THOT variety hits me with 

"OMG if you dont ever drink how do you have fun"

I just hit em wit the
grin.gif
​ 
grin.gif
​ 
eyes.gif

eyes.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 and be on my way

just read through this thread BIG UP to all the people who turned their lives around. That takes a ton of will power and courage. Stay strong and off the wide road.

I noticed all my older friends looked like hell after their first years of college. At present, I'm 24 and could enroll in my HS as a 9th grader if I wanted.
Yeah, I wouldn't go that far (look more like a Senior) but I haven't aged half as much as my friends who drink.

To answer OP's question, every time I'm offered a drink, it never feels like something I want to do...it's always seemed like a bad idea. That's why I never drank.

On that note, my boy just got into some deep mess last night with alcohol being the factor in the whole situation :smh:

20 years old and never had a drink or smoked anything

Not religious, no tragic experience or anything. I just never felt like its something I needed to do.

Last edited:
20 years old and never had a drink or smoked anything

Not religious, no tragic experience or anything. I just never felt like its something I needed to do.

Why is it tho?
I'm saying
laugh.gif

Unless son is in everyone's ears trying desperately to talk you out of that next shot, I don't get why you would have any less fun if your friend can enjoy himself without relying on any substances.
maybe its just my experience 
laugh.gif

it was like me and 4 of my boys at a bar and he ordered a hot chocolate 
indifferent.gif

it depends on the people though, i have friends that are always fun to hang out with that dont drink and others that are just boring when they dont drink

what i never understood was people who drink just to get drunk rather than enjoying the drinks they payed good money for

like ive had a guy ask me to take a shot that tasted like death because "it gets you smashed fast" and i was like well... if i wanted to get smashed i could also just drink enjoyable drinks and get smashed that way...

but overall i drink but i stop if i start to get a little tipsy, not because i do stupid things but its just not worth it

Back
Top Bottom