NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

1V0Kywk.jpg

Last edited:
The New CANDYMAN Is AQUAMAN’s Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
In which Nia DaCosta and Jordan Peele's horror remake finds its star.

Screen Shot 2019-02-28 at 10.53.15 AM.png

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/02/26/the-new-candyman-is-aquamans-yahya-abdul-mateen-ii

After a whole bunch of rumors and a seemingly endless parade of fan-casting suggestions, Nia DaCosta's Candyman remake (headed our way next year via Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw Productions) has found its villain: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, last seen giving Jason Momoa what-for in James Wan's Aquaman, is currently in talks to star in the film.

The news comes to us via Variety, who also point out that Abdul-Mateen II will soon be seen in HBO's forthcoming Watchmen series. Dude was great asAquaman's Black Manta, but can we also take a moment to appreciate the man's taste in genre projects?

As you know, the new Candyman is a "spiritual sequel" to Bernard Rose's 1992 original, which followed a graduate student investigating reports of a hook-handed slasher menacing Chicago's Cabrini-Green housing projects. The newCandyman will bring the action back to that same neighborhood, with something of a modern twist. Given the history of this franchise (which also includes Bill Condon's Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh and Candyman 3: Day of The Dead), we're guessing this version will also feature a strong undercurrent of social commentary. Needless to say, we cannot wait.

Nothing further to report on Candyman at this time, but this is one of our most highly-anticipated projects, and we'll be keeping our ear to the ground for further updates. Stay tuned.

I didn't watch the show that much because I never found the few eps I saw in full that funny. The aa-ron sketch will definitely live on though.

I always thought Key and Peele did black humor for a white audience. But I'm all the way in for Jordan Peele's films.

Key on the other stays corny AF. Anything and everything he's in is trash.

Disappointed, I found out Jack London Sq had two early screenings on 3/14. Bought tickets then they cancelled the showings shortly after.

Disappointed, I found out Jack London Sq had two early screenings on 3/14. Bought tickets then they cancelled the showings shortly after.
Jack London in downtown Oakland???
Nah I never go there
Or bayfair to see a movie
They be too wild
I go allllll the way to union city or Fremont
That way I can actually enjoy the movie

Back
Top Bottom