NORCAL SKI/SNOWBOARDING SEASON 2011/2012 (Burton Sale in Oakland 11/12)

Its that time of year NTers!

here's a link to a burton sale coming up next saturday (11/12) at 10am-4pm in Oakland
pimp.gif

http://www.yelp.com/events/oakland-the-insane-burton-showroom-sale-is-back-again

the sf ski/snowboard festival is on 11/5 and 11/6, while the one in silicon valley is on 11/12 to 11/13
http://www.sfskifest.com/

in addition, i hear northstar is scheduled to open 11/18

Post away anything to add!

Originally Posted by LORENander

in addition, i hear northstar is scheduled to open 11/18
Say gg to the star this season. I had a pass last season and the crowds were ridiculous on weekends/holidays. Plus they're installing a lift this season for Lookout Mountain instead of having it accessible only by tow rope. I could be wrong about the crowds tho, since they're jacking up the prices for tix/passes this season at N*.

Got me a pass to a Squaw this year and looking forward to the bigger mountain and another possible repeat of last seasons pow upon pow (supposedly last year's La Nina storms are set to return). Btw, Squaw opens on 11/23.

And good looking out for those events. Let's hope this thread does better than last season's.

I've got finals until 12/8, but best believe I'll be spending as many days as possible in Tahoe afterwards. Someone give us a report! I know Northstar opened last week, Boreal's been open for a bit, and Squaw is opening tomorrow...

Originally Posted by sw00shm4n

I've got finals until 12/8, but best believe I'll be spending as many days as possible in Tahoe afterwards. Someone give us a report! I know Northstar opened last week, Boreal's been open for a bit, and Squaw is opening tomorrow...
was up @ northstar on wed.  decent snow.  softer up near the top.  only 2 lifts were open, and only a few trails were open.  backside was closed.  no lines.  we waited at most, 20 sec to hop on a lift...

early next week should be ok, b/c they're supposed to get snow this weekend....but after that, looks to be dry...

Originally Posted by DeewLay

was up @ northstar on wed.  decent snow.  softer up near the top.  only 2 lifts were open, and only a few trails were open.  backside was closed.  no lines.  we waited at most, 20 sec to hop on a lift...

early next week should be ok, b/c they're supposed to get snow this weekend....but after that, looks to be dry...

Hahaha nice sn

Originally Posted by endemic415

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Hahaha nice sn
thanks brah!! 
images

Headin up tomorrow, gonna be riding Northstar on Saturday. I'm glad to be going up for the first time this season, but not very excited about the lack of snow... We need a good storm!!!
mad.gif

See ya up there

this season so far has been a dud.  but!  there is supposed to be some snow fall later next week!!!  

I was supposed to make a day trip to Squaw tomorrow, but seeing as the base is only 3", the plan got scrapped. Kinda bummed so far with my decision to get a Squaw pass, Northstar at least has a pretty decent park set up right now.

kirkwood had $20 life tickets on liftopia this weekend and next weekend, only 2 trails open, not a lot of people, still fun.

Back
Top Bottom