Norcal's GRUB Thread

^^^ It was soul food/ diner food. Went down there the other day and some other place opened up in their spot..... Any other good soul food spots in SF?

you guys know about mariposa cafe? looks mad shady from the outside. but best roast pork ive had in awhile. roast pork over white rice for 7.75. food wasfilled to the top, no bs.

can cats post some addresses or something

go to CLEMENT street in SF around 4th thru 7th ave. they got..

King of Thai Noodle 2 and a couple stores down they got this crepe place where you can get the crep/cheesecake ice cream cone. Trust me on that one. Plusthey got all those crazy lil asian drinks and candies. Also in between those stores they got hella resturants that got those pork buns both ways for 50 centseach

^^^^^
sick.gif

damn thats discouraging

dont know if these have been posted but they are my personal favorites

title.gif

footer.gif

outside1.gif

m

Neighborhood: Pacific Heights
1716 Divisadero Street
(between Bush St & Sutter St)
San Francisco, CA 94115

La Hacienda
3815 Redwood Hwy
San Rafael, CA 94901
(415) 479-7800

Big ups to whoever mentioned the CHIMICHANGA spot near HUF. I forgot the name of the spot but the cook was awesome. Made to order with the fixings on the side.Burrito sized chimichanga, lol. good food, thanks for the heads up

I refuse to go to king of Thai noodles after a friend found a roach in her food. It was the one over on taraval.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

im always there with my friends, but im not really into thai food,but i always drink the ice'd tea
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 23nando23

Big ups to whoever mentioned the CHIMICHANGA spot near HUF. I forgot the name of the spot but the cook was awesome. Made to order with the fixings on the side. Burrito sized chimichanga, lol. good food, thanks for the heads up

You're welcome.

Originally Posted by SixXRocKZ

you guys know about mariposa cafe? looks mad shady from the outside. but best roast pork ive had in awhile. roast pork over white rice for 7.75. food was filled to the top, no bs.

Had Mariposa Cafe pork the other day. seems to a popular dish now! lol, they make it everyday! it used to be a weekday special.

u guys need to check out that spot SOL FOOD in marin. Puerta Rican food thaat is amazing! All natural products with many organic ingredients. If u ever goacros the bridge check this spot out!

on a side note, was able to hit roxies the other day for the first time, and it was excellent. Any recomendations on the hot sandwiches or specials?

Originally Posted by broccoliavenger

I refuse to go to king of Thai noodles after a friend found a roach in her food. It was the one over on taraval.

sick.gif
thats the one i always eat at!
smh.gif

I'm not sure if this spot has been mentioned, but my girl put me onto Boos Voni (Bugs Bunny)....they have the most awesome mexican tortas I've tasted,and they are HUGE! Their priced from 6.50-8.50, and money well spent cause I'm a big eater and I can only eat half. Spot is located right on Geneva &Mission in the city, right next to the B of A and Geneva Steak House (which is also
pimp.gif
). try their cuban torta
eek.gif

^^is that the resturant where they only make tortas, across from pollo supreme? if it is, that place is nasty as hell
sick.gif

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Ray's Sushi in Hayward is good.

San Tung on Irving between 11th and 12th ave has the best chicken wings in all of SF!

And finally, the taco truck off Fruitvale (Guadalajarra) has huge Carne Asada burritos for $5.

San Tung has the greatest dry fried chicken wings!!!!!!
pimp.gif

Hey has anyone been to Yogurtland in Cupertino yet? I heard it opened a couple days ago. I haven't had any since I left Irvine a few months back. I triedlooking them up but apparently they have no phone number yet. Anyone know their hours, particularly today?

I had Frozo's in Santa Clara yesterday (which is the closest thing to Yogurtland for me up here), but I've been waiting for Yogurtland for awhile now.

Does anybody know any all you can eat sushi buffets in either oakland or san francisco that compares to fuji's in davis????

not comparable...but there's a nice sushi buffet place in Berkeley. it's very small and selection isn't that much, and the but it's a prettygood deal. they have some really nice sushi though.

Don't know if this has been added but Hard Knox Cafe on 3rd Street (cross st is 22nd) nr Potrero Hill/Bayview. Soulfood- fried chicken, corn bread breadedcatfish, cajun meatloaf, etc. Grab a pillow, because you'll need to take a nap after eating here.

http://www.hardknoxcafe.com/

Back
Top Bottom